PDA

View Full Version : Nova 700

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-21-2001, 09:51 PM
i saw one today for 200 dollars. didn't they stop making those guns? are they any good. i think i can talk him down to 150. he said it's been there a while. is it worth it? someone let me know.

magsRus
12-21-2001, 10:34 PM
i thought they were canceled to like the valve would blow up or something of that nature

jthom3
12-21-2001, 10:38 PM
Air star, maker of nova went out of buisness do to the nova 700 line having those problems, thus ruining their rep. The Super Nova and up line is ok. Yes they are pretty good guns...for recball.

Sqweezer
12-21-2001, 10:39 PM
They were *kind of* designed like mags. You know when you take out your valve theres the little "Z" groove you have to turn to take fully out? Well the Nova didn't have that originally, and if you unscrewed it pressurized, which you shouldnt do anyway, it shot back out at you at a whopping amount of pressure..

mag59459
12-21-2001, 10:43 PM
my friend got a nova, woste gun i've ever seen shoot. it chopped balls like no other and there was no excuse for it. like a locked safe trying to get into and my friend ended up playing the day w/ a be pump. maybe it was just that gun but i've never seen anything so bad...

Vegeta
12-21-2001, 10:45 PM
Basically, they were ppl who just so happened to come up with a unique idea for a gun, yet were idiots and overlooked that one minor (actually MAJOR) downfall that they had no sort of lock on that thing at ALL. if you didn't have the sight screw in and pulled out the valve, sometimes, the thing would shoot out like a bullet, and could *possibly* cuase *serious* injury...

net guns nevertheless.

jthom3
12-21-2001, 10:48 PM
they shot fairly well, I owned two in the past and never chopped a ball. Except for when i got shot in the barrel and paint got inside the barrel casing. That caused a lot of breaks. But once it got cleaned, It was good to go.

Major Ho
12-22-2001, 10:58 AM
I shot it in a shop and it runs at like ultra low pressure. Disconnected the tank and whatever was left in the lines was able to shoot like another 15-20 shots. AND it makes this awesome tin can sound. Very quiet. I'd get it cuz its so cheap and kinda neat to have. I LOVE that tin can sound.
"Tink, Tink, Tink..."

Cha0tic
12-22-2001, 11:33 AM
nova's are nice markers. i really like them. they run at somthing like 90psi. it could only hurt you if you didn't follow the directions...

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-22-2001, 04:11 PM
i think i might get it and mess around with it. maybe sell it. hmmmmmmmmm, maybe.