PDA

View Full Version : Unusual phenomenon with my HyperMag

Testament
06-22-2006, 02:16 AM
I was out playing with my HyperMag on Monday and something kind of weird happened (this isn't a 'fix-it' post so please bear with me)

I finally broke the curse (works great at home, decides to stop working at the field) I have had with my Hyperframed XMag valved marker since I got it a few months back. I was playing hopperball on a speedball field, went into the 1st game with a little 1.5k in my Crossy 45/45 Red Reg. Enough for two hoppers or less, or so I thought. I was trying to close out the second game, down to 2on2 and now here is where it gets me, I run out of air, but not just low, but totally empty, tank at 0 but without any signs of a low tank, no drooping velocity, no chuffing, no shoots falling short of range. Shot perfect then dead stop. I also have an old bone stock MicroMag that has never done this before. I know that somewhere under 1k Mags start showing signs of a low tank. Anyone else have this happen before. Thanks for reading and any you can offer.

Cow hunter
06-22-2006, 05:48 AM
well this happens to me too, but the tank isnt totally empty, itll just stop firing. giving it a good hit to the back of the valve will normally allow me to get a few more shots out of it

Skittle
06-22-2006, 08:01 AM
giving it a good hit to the back of the valve will normally allow me to get a few more shots out of it
talk about ghetto lol.

Arstron
06-22-2006, 08:25 AM
well this happens to me too, but the tank isnt totally empty, itll just stop firing. giving it a good hit to the back of the valve will normally allow me to get a few more shots out of it

If you have a ULT, it might need to be adjusted. I have done that quiet a few times with my dragun mag when the ULT wasnt tuned right.

That is pretty strange that the tank was showing 0 psi and you never noticed anything wrong. Is there a chance the gauge was messed up and you had a similar problem as cow hunter?

tipp-ed off
06-22-2006, 09:12 AM
When I use my hypermag it keeps shooting fine til my tanks completely empty.

Testament
06-22-2006, 09:55 AM
I was having an issue similar to CowHunter, but after I lubed up the on/off real good it stopped.
That was the second manifestaion of 'the curse', first time I went to play with it the board had issues with the way I had turned some of the settings.

Tippedoff - what kind of tank are you using?

The gauge is a microgauge so it is a little inaccurate, but it deffinatly said 0psi, and no amount of smacking it around was gonna get more shots out of it.

neppo1345
06-22-2006, 10:58 AM
Gauges aren't as accurate as you think.

Testament
06-22-2006, 12:17 PM
I never said the gauges aren't inaccurate, we were doing hot fills so my gauge never read above 4k all day. But my marker still never showed any signs of a low tank, no chuffing, short shots or drooping velocity. I just thought it was weird considering I have owned my MicroMag for several years and it has always started to droop shots once my tank gets below 800psi.

I'll have to make sure to try to let my tank run dry next time I play with my HyperMag.

CKY_Alliance
06-22-2006, 04:33 PM
Sooo...you are wondering why your mag shoots deeper in the tank then others? i JUST wouldnt question it...

rellikmok
06-22-2006, 09:21 PM
Does your Micromag have an xvalve?

Testament
06-23-2006, 02:11 AM
No my MicroMag has a darn near stock classic MicroMag valve, only thing done to it is a hand velocity adjuster and an old school ANS venturi bolt.

CKY Alliance is probably right I shouldn't have questioned it, now it will never happen again. :cry:

rellikmok
06-23-2006, 02:23 AM
Could it be a difference between the classic and the xvalve? Although my emag valve chuffs a little when my air runs out :tard:

buzzboy
06-23-2006, 07:31 AM
Did you change anything around in the LX. When I finally changed my valve to a longer spring it now just stops shooting at a tank pressure before drop off and chuffing.

Zeruel
06-23-2006, 02:51 PM
I know that with my old hyperframed micromag, it would shoot perfectly fine, no drop off, nothing, until ~750psi, then the LX would just start chuffing and it was done. That mag had a classic valve on it.

Testament
06-24-2006, 01:23 AM
I haven't changed anything other then when I lubed the on/off real good I tried 'shocker grease' to see how well it worked, cause my KC Trouble-Free didn't seem to be working, on/off kept getting stuck after every string fired. The grease did the trick. And during home testing my valve would start chuffing at around 750-800psi.