PDA

View Full Version : Blade-Style Shoulder Stock Class harness. w/ pics!

magmanl337
06-22-2006, 03:31 PM
I made this last night after watching blade. I realized how great of a location on Blade's arm was for his little canisters of "Vampire Be-Gone". I went down to Wal-mart (Ick I hate that place) and picked up all the materials needed to make this for all of 4 dollars. It's made of 3 layers of black canvas, some black elastic bands, nylon strips for the band that goes around the arm, and some old back pack loops. It's very sturdy and very comfortable. I can't wait to get to the field to try it out on Sunday. :clap: If anyone wants the measurements for the pattern, let me know and I can get them to you. It will just take me a while to make them in photoshop to make it easy to read. Or I may start selling these if people want some. Anyways, on to the pics:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/deadlyf00/P6220183.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/deadlyf00/P6220185.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/deadlyf00/P6220187.jpg

bentothejam1n
06-22-2006, 03:39 PM
good job
how easy is it to get the far 10 round?

tippmannsniper-
06-22-2006, 03:40 PM
cool beard... oh and the arm thing is sweet also

haha jk, thats actually really cool, the only thing i would think would be a haslte is trying to reach over your gun while your shooting to reach another tube or canister cause i mean you dont have 3 arms

magmanl337
06-22-2006, 04:13 PM
good job
how easy is it to get the far 10 round?

Actualyl, very simple. When you point your gun down, your forearm rotates, and your elbow is now facing at a 45 degree angle towards the right. That places the far tube just even with the upper bicep, I don't have to reach far. All I do is point the gun down, reach over and grab a tube, refill the phantom 10rnd tube, and slide the tube back on the harness. With this thing, reloading takes all of about 10 seconds, maybe 6-7 if i really do it fast.

mobsterboy
06-22-2006, 04:14 PM
cool beard... oh and the arm thing is sweet also

haha jk, thats actually really cool, the only thing i would think would be a haslte is trying to reach over your gun while your shooting to reach another tube or canister cause i mean you dont have 3 arms
yeah, but you gotta remember that this is stock class. Its not about speed. This is about wher you store your extra stuff. Cuz its not like they are so big you'd want to do a pack, so this is pretty cool. I think im going pump

Zygote
06-22-2006, 04:24 PM
When you play against semis its about speed.

And that is actually a pretty cool harness, like the ronin wrist harnesses only bigger. Probably more comfortable too. I'm assuming you loaded it for illustrative purposes, since you're packing enough co2 to shoot 12 times the paint you have loaded up.

magmanl337
06-22-2006, 04:40 PM
When you play against semis its about speed.

And that is actually a pretty cool harness, like the ronin wrist harnesses only bigger. Probably more comfortable too. I'm assuming you loaded it for illustrative purposes, since you're packing enough co2 to shoot 12 times the paint you have loaded up.

Oh yes of course. Actually this Phantom is actually going to be set up with an AKA Sidewinder reg, and a 19ci/4500psi Dynaflow tank that will be mounted on the rail of the gun. I will drill out the holes and thread them, and it will mount on the top or bottom, not sure yet, but that's another project for another day :) Pics of that set up will be up soon. I just recently converted to stock class, and I must say, being able to pull off one shot at someone and hitting them out is a great feeling. I don't think I'll ever go back to electro-semi set up play. Stock class is just way too fun.

jsdatjsd
06-22-2006, 05:21 PM
Makes me wanna go stock.....

magmanl337
06-22-2006, 07:23 PM
Makes me wanna go stock.....

Once you go stock you won't go back, give it a try sometime. Plus everyone at the field, when dividing teams always say "I want the pumper!" or something along those lines hehe.

jsdatjsd
06-22-2006, 07:58 PM
My first gun was a phantom. My second was a spyder. I shoulda kept the phantom.....heh.

I shoulda kept the spyder too.

Next year.....

mobsterboy
06-22-2006, 08:54 PM
Once you go stock you won't go back, give it a try sometime. Plus everyone at the field, when dividing teams always say "I want the pumper!" or something along those lines hehe.

one thing that strikes me as odd though...why 12 grams if you have a 4 oz co2 tank? :p

magmanl337
06-22-2006, 09:20 PM
one thing that strikes me as odd though...why 12 grams if you have a 4 oz co2 tank? :p

It's just for illustrative purposes.

ttink
06-22-2006, 09:56 PM
Oh yes of course. Actually this Phantom is actually going to be set up with an AKA Sidewinder reg, and a 19ci/4500psi Dynaflow tank that will be mounted on the rail of the gun. Where did you find a tank like that? btw, i really like your harness setup. its pretty cool.

neppo1345
06-22-2006, 10:42 PM
I think it's cool.

I'd run into a problem though.

I flex every time after I take out a player.

If I flexed with that on my bicep/tricep it would break/be vaporized.

mobsterboy
06-22-2006, 11:30 PM
It's just for illustrative purposes.

so if i wanted one, whats it gonna run me for you to make one and sell it...

magmanl337
06-22-2006, 11:45 PM
Where did you find a tank like that? btw, i really like your harness setup. its pretty cool.

The shop over here has a BUNCH. Probably 30 of them. I can ask the owner if I can sell some (I work at the paintball store that has these tanks) for like $20 for a tank. They are made of aluminum, and they need to be rehydro'd.

magmanl337
06-22-2006, 11:46 PM
so if i wanted one, whats it gonna run me for you to make one and sell it...

Probably between $24.95-$29.95 depending on how long it takes, if it takes less than like 30 minutes, then I'll sell them for around $14.95. The reason the price is so much is because it took 2 hours to make this one, but once I get better at sewing I can probably pound some more out faster.

Demonio
06-23-2006, 03:18 AM
I'm guessing that your going to Velocity on Sunday for pump Day.

One more reason I wish I could go on that day. I'm actually going there on Saturday - got tix to the pads on sunday. Gonna have to try to goto the next pump day.

Let us know how your new set-up works out after you test it.
If you made it capless, you could load even faster :shooting:

I got myself one of those Flipped out harnesses and so far i love it. But yours looks pretty cool - not as bulky.

Have you posted this on MCB or SCP yet? If not, you should, I'd guess you'd get some buyers from there.

psychowarden
06-23-2006, 09:25 AM
when dividing teams always say "I want the pumper!" or something along those lines hehe.

Dont you just love that, because its the total opposite from the beginning of the day.."No, I dont want him, you can have him." And by the end of the day, they are tossing coins to see who gets you...no...seriously.

Ive got my old CCI harness, but its starting to get a little "worn in" so I may look into making myself one of these...but do you really need that many 12grams? I would only put two 12grams. Could you send me the measurments and what materials to get. pbteam_riot@hotmail.com

Arstron
06-23-2006, 09:48 AM
That is a really nice setup you have there, I might have you make me one of these when I pick up another stock class marker... I miss my pump. :(