PDA

View Full Version : Bearings in the Logic UMF?

Carbon Blue
06-22-2006, 08:49 PM
To those out there with logic ultimate mag frames, im currently thinking about anodizing the mag, but one of the questions the anodizer asked me was if there was a bearing that needed to be removed from the trigger? Is there a bearing that needs to be removed? thanks for any info. I didnt even know triggers used bearings in the first place

warbeak2099
06-22-2006, 10:53 PM
Tap the trigger out and check. You're gonna have to tap it out to send it to the anno guy anyways.

minimag03
06-22-2006, 10:55 PM
Nope, no bearing in mine. Infact, if your frame is unanno'd right now the trigger pin should be falling out.

Carbon Blue
06-22-2006, 11:34 PM
the trigger is out (lost the trigger pin :mad: ), but never knew bearings even existed on triggers, :ninja: noob i know.

CoolHand
06-23-2006, 10:20 AM
No bearings on the UMF.

I'll get you a replacement trigger pin for when it gets back from ano.

minimag03
06-23-2006, 01:12 PM
Coolhand.

My pin is still alittle loose, even after anno. Is there anything I could do to keep it in?

Carbon Blue
06-23-2006, 02:49 PM
I would think that it would need to be pressed more?

minimag03
06-23-2006, 02:52 PM
Nope, it just goes out the other side. It's probably because the anno I had done was the worst EVER. I have played with it for over a month with the pin not even moving, but I'm still worried about it. I think im just going to cut small pieces of electrical tape to put on both side of the pin.

Carbon Blue
06-23-2006, 02:58 PM
may I ask what happened to your ano? where did you get it done?

minimag03
06-23-2006, 03:01 PM
I sent it to be anno'd to a place that does only paintball stuff. I forgot the name now, but it was only $7.50 (or something like that) per piece. By the time they sent it back to me I had a $45 dollar bill with the crappist anno ever. No, they didn't seem interested in a refund or reannoing it.

Carbon Blue
06-23-2006, 04:22 PM
sorry to hear.

CoolHand
06-23-2006, 04:30 PM
Coolhand.

My pin is still alittle loose, even after anno. Is there anything I could do to keep it in?

This is gonna sound very caveman-esque, but pull out the pin, and mush one end of it just a little bit.

Smash the very tip of one end just until you can see that it is deformed, then press it back into the frame, making sure the mushed end goes in LAST.

That will stop it from coming back out. It's kinda brute force, but it will work just fine.

The real solution is to get an ano layer on it that is the correct thickness, which will then hold the pin in place as designed.

Nobody can tell me about tolerances now, when the thickness of a layer of anodize is the difference between a smooth slip fit and a press fit, that's about as good as you can ask for in aluminum (IE, we are talking about ~1.5 thousandths of an inch here or -+0.0015", not too shabby, even if I do say so myself :rofl: ).

Also, post up the name of that ano shop, we need to make a concerted effort to out all the bad ano shops in paintball. They are a bain on our fair industry. The sooner they are cast out into the harsh light of day, the sooner they will catch on fire and go out of business. I don't mind having a smaller herd, if that means that all the stupid buffalo will be dead. :headbang:

StygShore
06-23-2006, 05:02 PM
there was a running list of paintball shops over on PBN. I thinkt he post was only abotu 6 months old, and 1/2 the shops listed are out of business already.

Styg

ttink
06-23-2006, 05:48 PM
To those out there with logic ultimate mag frames, im currently thinking about anodizing the mag, but one of the questions the anodizer asked me was if there was a bearing that needed to be removed from the trigger? Is there a bearing that needs to be removed? thanks for any info. I didnt even know triggers used bearings in the first place
If im remebering the mag you are talking about from the MOTM contest a few months back, DONT ANNO IT!! Its damn sexy chrome/raw/whatever! What color are you gonna get?

Carbon Blue
06-24-2006, 12:24 PM
If im remebering the mag you are talking about from the MOTM contest a few months back, DONT ANNO IT!! Its damn sexy chrome/raw/whatever! What color are you gonna get?

thanks for the compliment! But yea im thinking about anodizing it right now. Ive had this same color theme for the past 5 years and I think its time for a change. Im thinking something extreme to achieve the same effect as chrome but well see. Did you have any other color choices that may look good? im stuck in a bind .

minimag03
06-24-2006, 12:25 PM
I can't find the name of the place I sent mine for anno. Just post here nefore you ship it out to be anno'd and I'll tell you if it's the place.

Carbon Blue
06-24-2006, 12:52 PM
was it precisionpb? what color did you anodize it?

minimag03
06-25-2006, 02:07 PM
Yes, that's them. They changed me to have the frame polished because it was too rough. I asked for gloss black and even said I wanted it to be the same color of a gloss black CP on/off. They set back a blotchy thin anno.

Carbon Blue
06-25-2006, 02:24 PM
what frame did you send them and what condition was it in?? do you have any pics of their work?

minimag03
06-25-2006, 02:40 PM
Nope, no pics that show it clearly. The Mag above actually has the frame on it, I was just able to get a good angle and you can't tell. I'm busy getting ready for a trip and will not be bale for oever two week. I can get pics for you gus then. Just don't send your gera to them.