PDA

View Full Version : Drops and On/Offs and Gauges oh my!!

StygShore
06-22-2006, 08:55 PM
OK...

I know the big thing now is a dovetail or micro-style-rail right off the bottom of the grip frame and throw your CA or on/off on there.

I can not stand how stretched out that makes my gun, so I have to have a drop forward of some type.

The problem I have, I have a DYE Airport drop that puts the tank just the right amount forward for me. The problem is... I can screw my tank on the gun with this drop, because the N2 gauge hits the back of the grip frame when I am screwing it on!!!

I need a really small gauge, or a drop that maybe comes down about 1/2 an inch more to allow the gauge to clear the grip frame.

Any suggestions?

Styg

Mercenario
06-22-2006, 09:05 PM
OK...

I know the big thing now is a dovetail or micro-style-rail right off the bottom of the grip frame and throw your CA or on/off on there.

I can not stand how stretched out that makes my gun, so I have to have a drop forward of some type.

The problem I have, I have a DYE Airport drop that puts the tank just the right amount forward for me. The problem is... I can screw my tank on the gun with this drop, because the N2 gauge hits the back of the grip frame when I am screwing it on!!!

I need a really small gauge, or a drop that maybe comes down about 1/2 an inch more to allow the gauge to clear the grip frame.

Any suggestions?

Styg

I have the same setup and I have problems with it too so I got a Shocker drop forward for $8 shipped on PBN and it Puts it a little lower and A little bit of an angle so it's perfect now

Hope that helps

StygShore
06-22-2006, 09:07 PM
Maybe I will check it out.

What type of gauge are you using on your tank?

I was actually looking at the Max-Flow Micro, anyone know good bad or otherwise abotu that regulator?

Styg

StygShore
06-22-2006, 09:22 PM
bought some mini-gauges, I guess we will start from there and see if those help at all.

Styg

master_alexander
06-22-2006, 09:38 PM
if you plan to keep the tank on the gun, take the drop apart and screw the tank on, then put it on the gun... i had to do this with my mag. but it never changed so it was okay.

StygShore
06-22-2006, 10:22 PM
can't really do that becasue I use N2 on my sniper II as well.

I guess I could just run anti-siphon CO2 on the Sniper and call it good though.

Styg

Pneumagger
06-22-2006, 10:53 PM
put the tank on the asa, then attach the asa to the drop. I did that in the past with a Kapp DZ III

mrbrutal
06-23-2006, 10:46 AM
There used to be a small block that attached to the bottom of the frame then the drop forward would attach to that and it drops it about .5 inch Some these were for Spyders so that it could use normal drops and bottomlines.

Northwest products, no longer in business I believe, had a product where you could attach a drop to it that would lower it about .75 inches. The nice thing about it was you could disconnect it from one gun and re attach it to another gun with the same attachment thingy. You may still be able to find it somewhere

I feel the same about the dovetails. It stretches out my arm too far and I cant get as compact nor play as tight to the bunker

StygShore
06-23-2006, 12:17 PM
too bad the local shop close up, they had a pile of those NW kits in their display case.

I'll try hunting on of things down...

Styg