PDA

View Full Version : Tiz a sad day for myself and my recognition for the Jax Wariors

magman007
12-21-2001, 10:21 PM
Ok, i dont know about you guys, but just found out that the jax warriors are switching to autocockers. Im sad now. Even tho i just switched to a cocker, i feel betrayed by my favoite team. Im sure they had a good reason, but still. Apparently there notall happy about the switch. Im sure after playing 10 or so years with mags, its prety hard to switch to a completely diferent marker. I am dissapointed, but oh well. Im sure tom tried. But now it is to see what is in the future, who will and agd sponsor next?

a_malfunction
12-21-2001, 10:30 PM
Uhh.... where did you hear that?

magman007
12-21-2001, 10:37 PM
i heard that from a warrior. I am not reveling any names unil tom comments on this. I elt you guys had the righ to know.

graycie
12-21-2001, 10:52 PM
there was another thread on this, Tom said he would make an official statement.

wimag
12-21-2001, 11:15 PM
Have AGD deck out the S.O.B.'s. Time for them to step it up a few notches

Nitroduck
12-21-2001, 11:45 PM
I wish we'd see more of the SOBs around....I havent seen them play a NPPL tourney since either NPPL Pittsburgh or NPPL Chichago of 2k?

I've seen quite a few people say jax was offered a WGP sponsorship.......

magman007
12-21-2001, 11:49 PM
well my source told me that they took the sponsorship. He was upset because he loved his e-mag and really didnt want to use a cocker over it.

AGD
12-22-2001, 12:00 AM
SOB's are not dead!! I am actually trying to officially own the name and rebuild the team. There are several members that still want to compete as well as myself. It's in the mix with everything else.

AGD

zvanut
12-22-2001, 12:03 AM
u didnt see it

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19936

Maghappy
12-22-2001, 12:11 AM
switching from a mag to a cocker is a major sin in my religion :) thats why i never owned a cocker and always owned a mag. lol i gotta give it to cockers though, nice guns. im just more than happy with a MAG! :) woo hoo to AGD

Ninja B0Y
12-22-2001, 01:42 AM
Its not uncommon for pro teams to switch guns within their playing span.

Also when you become a pro player and jump from one team to the next, you have to shoot whatever that team is shooting or tells you to shoot. There are a few exceptions like Shock but for the rest of the pro teams out there that's how it is, so get over it.

For example: Marcus Nielson went from probably a Shocktech Cocker to a Cobra Mamba Angel and is now shooting a Dark Angel.

hardr0ck68
12-22-2001, 03:04 AM
lord, i made a comment about the JW sellin out, and they have, but what i wouldent do to get to play at that level. I would sell out just about all my morals...i cant say i blame them would trade college and any chance at a stable sensable futhure just for a shot to play with the big boys for even one season...lord if i only had 100,000 just sittin around.

Temo Vryce
12-22-2001, 04:13 PM
Tom I wish you the best of luck with getting the ownership rights to the team name. Hopefully it goes a little better than the Ironmen battle did. If You're ever looking to sponsor a Canadian Team I know a few players that would never leave AGD.

For the rest of you "Shut the (Fill in th blank) up." If they want to switch to Cocker then that is thier right and who are you to judge them for that choice? Do you know the specifics of the deal they had with AGD or even the spec's on the deal they made with WGP? I really doubt it. Let them go to WPG. If they stay with them, then hey let them use the boat anchor they now own. If they come back they will know that they will be using the best marker on the market. Everyone has a price, remember that. Even you have a price, and it's not as high as you would like to believe it is.

NOTE: If you are going to flame me on this don't bother, because I won't read it.

blnk162
12-27-2001, 01:15 AM
Id just like to say that marcus played with a silver angel lcd...i got bunkered way too many times by that gun....

PsychoMag
12-27-2001, 06:26 AM
AGD could not offer JW what they needed if everyone read the earlier thread about this topic. WGP picked them up with TK's help. AGD still supplies their air system

AngelBoy
12-27-2001, 07:20 AM
Bud and Tom talked it over with JW and made a mutual agreement, they are just going to use cockers instead of mags but are still using AGDs tanks. Remember what he said, his friend didnt want to give up his Emag but he had to. I would give up bout anything to play pro, and thats what they gave up to keep playin pro.

skirts
12-27-2001, 07:26 AM
SOB's

will

rise

again...

PsychoMag
12-27-2001, 09:39 AM
I nominate BOND1313 as SOB's paintboy :)

Evil Bob
12-27-2001, 12:46 PM
Alot of people just don't understand the financial committment it takes to play at pro level and keep up with a heavy tourny schedule. It takes alot of $'s that most players simply don't have. Without sponsors helping reduce costs, the average pro simply can't keep competing out of their own pocket (airfare, hotels, car rentals, tourny fees, equipment costs, paint, etc. multiplied by the number of national/internation tournies you want to compete in). Jax was feeling the pinch and needed help to keep playing, that involves some tough decisions, which some times include shooting another marker you don't necessarily want to.

-Evil Bob

blnk162
12-27-2001, 02:02 PM
Didn't some of the SOB's go to centerflag before they broke up? I thought i heard dennis say something about it when we practiced centerflag at badlandz...

lonsch
12-27-2001, 11:29 PM
Tom- I respect your decision to let jax be sponsored by wor game
I think it would be awesome to see sob's return to the spotlight again.

A lot of people went to center flag including people from bam. I also heard that center flag broke up