PDA

View Full Version : matrix for $400 - is this a good deal?

Pneumagger
06-22-2006, 10:23 PM
I know someone locally selling a Matrix. It's the older kind that are unmilled. Don't know much about them, just that I heard they were nice. just dust black and in perfect outside shape...not a scratch. 30000 shots on the counter.

It comes with a 68/4500 silver Maxflow tank and a full freak kit.

Right now I have a very upped ION. Everything except the board is upped. should I get this matrix for $400 and scraap the ION?

magman007
06-22-2006, 10:27 PM
id get it, but try to talk hom down in price, 400 is a bit high, but if you sell the tank, you will come out alright. It is ace'd right?

Pneumagger
06-22-2006, 10:42 PM
It looks like a mint stock pre DM4/5/6/C model. If those came with a.c.e. then yes. But it seems stock. Would it be bounce beam (like in the bottom of the breech)? Because it definatly didn't have eye covers or eyes on the sides.

I know nothing about electros, that why i make pneumags. :)

warbeak2099
06-22-2006, 10:46 PM
The eyes on older matrices are breakbeam just like the new ones. However, they were routed internally. There wouldn't be any eye covers. If it's a stock 2k4 DM3, then it would have eyes. I'm not sure about the 2k3's though. If it doesn't have eyes then I wouldn't pay more than $300 for it.

Pyroboy597
06-22-2006, 10:46 PM
That deal is nothing special, if anything it is a little but high like the other guy said. I honestly think my ion (upped, including board) shoots nicer than an old matrix (I have held and shot both), but then again that is my opinion. Instead of putting the $400 into the Matrix, save it or put it into a Virtue board.. I <3 my virtue.

warbeak2099
06-22-2006, 10:49 PM
Ugh, if you're gonna up the Iopn get a Tboard or Blackheart. But don't support Advantage. Advantage PB = bunch of loser crooks.

Pneumagger
06-22-2006, 10:51 PM
it does come with a full freak kit and a 68/45

Pneumagger
06-22-2006, 10:52 PM
Advantage might be a bunch of loser crooks... but I do believe they have the best board.

Would the Matrix need upped?

minimag03
06-22-2006, 11:00 PM
The Maxtrix would be a better marker than the Ion as long as it has eyes. I think $400 is decent if it has eyes and he is including a tank and Freak.

If you are using a Halo, you might consider a new breech with Impulse detents. Some of the older ones use weak detents that paint can be pushed past. Tadao boards are also popular with the Matrix family.

person1
06-22-2006, 11:04 PM
Personally i wouldnt get it. Only because i've seen ones with upgrades and eyes for as low as $230. They are nice guns, but a bolt kit is a must for good effiency and i like to have eyes on all my electronic guns, thats just me though. Personally i think there are better deals out there on them, but if you want/need the tank and barrel kit then this would be an ok deal i guess. I like ion's over them, just because of how tiny they are. And if you already have alot of money into your ion why scrap it, the reslae is horrible. If you like how the ion shoots i say keep it.

Pneumagger
06-22-2006, 11:17 PM
Thanks for all the coments. I'll try to talk him down to $300. Maybe we could settle @ 350

shorty24
06-23-2006, 12:12 AM
If it comes with a maxflo and a freak kit, it seems like a darn decent price to me

/my .02

mkmckinley
06-23-2006, 03:46 AM
I vote no unless it has eyes. Those old trixes are heavy and really tall and $400 isn't that great a deal. With eyes you'll have a decent shooting setup but probably not any better than you Ion

magman007
06-23-2006, 01:16 PM
how can you honestly say it is not better than an ion? thats a rediculous statement.

Btw, for virtue, save your self the money and the black painted board, and get a lucky board with whatever chip you want. Virtue boards are just repainted lucky boards with their dm chip thrown on the board. and Adv. Pb is nothing but low life crooks. Their products are sub par, and they revolve around hype. Why would you trust a company that wanted to charge you 400 dollars for a 50 dollar illegal chip?

Toll
06-23-2006, 02:09 PM
If it has eyes I'd take it over the Ion.

400 is a good deal for it either way, as selling off the barrel kit and selling off the tank leaves you with about 150 paid for the marker.

Even without eyes, if the lpr is tuned right, it doesn't really chop. I loved my old gen E to bits

pachytriton
06-23-2006, 03:28 PM
400 with tank and freak is a great deal, get it!

cdacda13
06-23-2006, 08:06 PM
I have a freeflow milled (1 of 20) matrix. Yours for the same price.

Matrices are great guns. Not great on air at all tho.

CKY_Alliance
06-23-2006, 09:52 PM
With tank and barrel kit thats not to bad but you can get a dm4 completly upgraded for like 450..last time i looked i saw fully upgraded dm4's for 550 and under and thats been probably 4 months and since then the value of the new matrices has dropped so im sure the old ones have....matrices are nice guns, but like everyone else said make sure it has eyes oh and make sure tank is in hydro..

tolley
06-25-2006, 08:53 PM
First of all I'd like to say that I'm certainly not the ultimate paintball guru, and I'm not trying to sound like a "know it all", but,,, I've have tried/owned/repaired so many markers I've lost count and come the the conclusion that the most reliable, problem free marker on the planet is a mechanical Automag. When it comes to full electronic markers there is only one that has never,ever failed me in any way, a Matrix LED, no eyes. I've never needed eyes, after thousands of paintballs, never a break, never. So I say if you have to have an electronic marker go for the Matrix, eyes or not.

But don't sell that Mag, you will eventually need it!

mobsterboy
06-25-2006, 10:15 PM
how can you honestly say it is not better than an ion? thats a rediculous statement.

Btw, for virtue, save your self the money and the black painted board, and get a lucky board with whatever chip you want. Virtue boards are just repainted lucky boards with their dm chip thrown on the board. and Adv. Pb is nothing but low life crooks. Their products are sub par, and they revolve around hype. Why would you trust a company that wanted to charge you 400 dollars for a 50 dollar illegal chip?

easy bill, he doesnt know the error of his ways.

either way, great deal on that trix. Tanks easily $100 resale value if its a 4500 psi, i've seen full freaks fetch 100 too, and your getting a trix, one of the more reliable guns on the market. Fairly easy to work with and we have ourselves a trix master on the forums here too, so you'd never be without help