PDA

View Full Version : Emag/Xmag Replacement Battery?

StygShore
06-23-2006, 01:42 AM
I was looking at the battery for the E-mag... 16.8V 650 MaH

That is some OLD battery technology.

Has anyone looked into newer battery packs with 16.8 volts, but the standard of higher MaH ratings?

Looks to me like the equivalent of 14 AAA batteries wired in series, but I have one battery and would rather not be cutting the casing open.

What if we used something like this?
http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=574

Or a custom shop?
http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com/main.asp?sid=431829&pgid=custompack

Styg

StygShore
06-23-2006, 05:05 PM
nobody has an idea? is AGD the do all end all of battery providers?

Does someone have a dead battery pack they want to give me for an experiment? ( GIVE, not sell, I'll be cutting it open and rebuilding it for a test. ) Might even change the battery connector to try something different.

Styg

stonersr26
06-23-2006, 07:56 PM
I heard of someone on PBNation doing custom battery packs, but I don't know his name or if he ever followed through with the project. I don't know much about it but I would think that with newer technology that a lighter battery pack should be possable. Most of the E/Xmag's weight is from the battery, if the battery could be put on a diet and use newer technology that would be awesome. I just don't know enough about it to be of much help, and I don't have a bad battery either. You should talk with Duey here on AO that does the halo battery packs. He should be able to give you some ideas anyway. Goodluck, with Lornecash doing the Xmod and if someone could make a lightweight battery pack we may see mags back on the competitive tourney scene. I would use it anyway as those two items were the reason I went away from the mags.

RapidTransit
06-24-2006, 07:47 AM
I'm actually gonna call a company and pay em a visit about some Lithium Ions but my main problem is my CNC pack, which is why I need the company local just in case they decide to swipe it :tard: So it limits my choices.

My main problem with this is make it a full batery pack and also drive a halo? Since you would still have the weight of the case itself it only would seem to make sense to me. The gun itself wouldn't be lighter but the setup would be since the Halo would no longer need its own batteries.

Also the prospect of making the whole assembly electropneumatic would probably be even cheaper. Pneumatic solenoids can be as small as paperclips and a ram to fit where the tubular solenoid would go is no problem.

StygShore
06-24-2006, 08:05 AM
Thats actually a good idea really. If the battery pack could be milled out to be open, instead of that triangular shape, larger cell batteries could be used producing the same chanrge and taking up less space.

Would upping the voltage be required to run the Halo or other hopper off of the battery pack, or would it work off the 16.8 that is already there? Wasnt there a thread on wiring everythign off the Mag battery, Halo, hopper, etc?

I haev a custom battery shop that wants me to send them a battery so they can duplicate it. Just trying to come up with a battery now.

Styg

RapidTransit
06-24-2006, 10:21 AM
Lithium Ion has 3x the voltage potential (actually technically speaking even more) they also need a charger and a board to make sure they don't explode etc but those arn't hard to find at all.

athomas
06-28-2006, 05:48 PM
Most lithium batteries don't have the C rating to run the solenoid consistently for a long period of use.

mpsd
07-02-2006, 06:36 PM
Has anyone tryed to connect two regular 9V battery's in paralel to see what happens? Theorically, it should work, since their output would be 18V. Would it fry the board, being only 1,2V more?

Thanks,

Mendel.

StygShore
07-02-2006, 08:11 PM
I think it has somehting to do more with the rating of the battery rather than the voltage.

Seems like I read somewhere the 9v batteries have a very short lifespan, and dont have the power to trip the noid consistantly...

but thats just what I remmeber hearing years ago.

Styg

e.t.
07-03-2006, 01:28 AM
i have a dead battery, the plastic meltaed off of it so and it stared to leak but dont have a camera to take pic off it :(

StygShore
07-03-2006, 08:47 AM
Send it to me!

I have a company that needs to disassemble th ebattery to recreate it. I only have th ebattery I use, so obviously I dont want to give them mine.

I want to have them check it out and see if there is any way to make a battery that has as much juice, and holds as much charge or better without as much weight.

Styg

athomas
07-03-2006, 09:24 AM
Has anyone tryed to connect two regular 9V battery's in paralel to see what happens? Theorically, it should work, since their output would be 18V. Would it fry the board, being only 1,2V more?

Thanks,

Mendel.

Two 9v batteries in parallel is still 9v, but with 2x the capacity. Two 9v batteries in series is 18v with the same capacity as the original 9v batteries.

18v won't hurt anything.

StygShore
07-03-2006, 10:21 AM
seems to me years ago someone tried this mod, but I never learned what the outcome was.

Styg

coach10ef
07-04-2006, 06:18 AM
i leave in french, i i do change my batterie e-mag,

because the ship and custom taxe are more expensive, i make experience.

i go in a shop they rebuild batterie (electronic shop). i give my old batterie with the body and they rebuilt a battery with the same specifications. they work that the original and i paid 50 % of price if i buy in usa;

:clap:

StygShore
07-04-2006, 07:04 AM
Good to see AGD still have some European appeal :)

That is the same thing I am trying to do. Did the custom shop actually reproduce the connector on top for you or did they just use the one off your original battery?

Styg

coach10ef
07-05-2006, 03:41 AM
Yse I Give Old Baterry And I Take The Old Part Of Connector
:)

zigss
07-13-2006, 05:46 PM
the battery maker of the e-mag/x-mag is in romeoville, IL. I could find the address if anyone wants to take that route

StygShore
07-13-2006, 06:55 PM
give it up....

is it these guys?

http://www.tdibatteries.com/

Styg