PDA

View Full Version : stupid people running around in the world

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-21-2001, 10:59 PM
i had another interesting day of reffing yesterday. i reffed a private field of 16 people. of course there were the usual, can't keep their masks on throughout the day(which i could go on for about an hour about that), but the other thing they couldn't seem to understand was the surrender rule. is it really that difficult? you walk up to someone, say surrender. don't shoot. if he shoots you, you're still in. if you shoot him, you're out, he's still in. i don't know how other fields handle it, but that's the way my field does it. is it really that hard of a concept? not at all. yet all day, every single game, we had people running up to others, gun blazing, and wondering why i pulled them as they shot 2 people from 2 inches. or they would be 50 feet away, get shot after totally giving themselves away, and complaining that the other person should be out cause they yelled surrender. get a clue. i thought they were going to start fighting. god. people are so dumb. and all these guys were "friends". they couldn't keep any type of a civil game going. i don't understand how poeple like this live in this world. is it me? am just not with it or are people like this really stupid? i don't understand. it's a game. play to have fun. they were fightin with each other like if they didn't win, it was the end of the world. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

a_malfunction
12-21-2001, 11:02 PM
I deal with stupid, immature people all day long.... I wish I was allowed to carry a baseball bat everywhere I went.... I could fix that problem....

Miscue
12-21-2001, 11:11 PM
Did I ever mention why I got a stainless steel barrel? :)

FooTemps
12-21-2001, 11:14 PM
The fields I go to use surrender or die. If they don't surrender you get to go into an all out duel with them if they don't escape...

RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
12-21-2001, 11:26 PM
the feild i ref at has the surrender rule. But if the person says no(especially if "surrendy" shoots first)...well lets just say they dont need to go christmas tree shopping , lights included :)

MAGS own YOU
12-21-2001, 11:47 PM
i got kicked out of one of my local fields for not following there surrender rule. I came behind about 8 kids when we where playing bank and i said surrender now! NOW! most of them surrendered but this one kid stood and looked at me. I said surrender and he pointed his gun at me and shot! i was like WTF you retard. The biggest thing is, he missed! I shot at him as I ran and i hit im in the chest protector. Then he goes crying to his dad that i shot him 1 foot away and didnt make him surrender. That was stuipid, at least i got my money back.

paintball8869
12-21-2001, 11:52 PM
well, we all know about the rental parties and the goggles staying on. It just doesn't happen. You always get someone who takes their mask off and as a ref you want to kill them for it. No matter how many times you yell at them for it, it still happens.

On to the stupid surrender rules. Where I play, we have the surrender rule somewhat. If you run up and are able to tag the other player's bunker without being shot, they are out. This is a safety concern so you don't run up and bunker the guy (woods ball). In the woods fields, which are just for people going to have fun and not be competitive (like speedball is more geared to), the surrender rule works great. On the speedball field, there is no surrender rule.

Also, we allow the person to surrender if tehy want to. If you sneak up on someone, you can offer them surrender, but they don't have to. So if they turn to shoot you, give them a couple shots in the nuts :) But we're really all safety conscious, just can't stand when people are offered the surrender and want to experience the pain of being lit up.

toymyster
12-22-2001, 12:52 AM
At the fields I play, surrender is an option!!! If someone asks you to surrender, you can either surrender, or shoot them!! And that's just fine by me!! That's why I usually don't ask!!! Of course, the fields I frequent separate beginner and advanced games!!

speedballbanks
12-22-2001, 08:22 AM
i have never heard if the surendered shoots back he is out but at my field people say surrender and if the surrendered shoots back and shoots the surendere <==he is out not like at your field.

manike
12-22-2001, 09:19 AM
I don't know of many places that run a surrender rule. I'd usually rather be a little further away and shoot them :) than risk asking for a surrender and not getting it.

Anyone ever notice why it's more fun to shoot someone in the back than the front? lol :)

Whats worse than stupid people is 'little people with a little power' who let it go to their heads and people who can never admit they are wrong. Those are worse than stupid people... ;)

manike

beam
12-22-2001, 09:31 AM
I feel really fortunate...

The refs at the field I play at are always right on top of stuff. The have a really good feel for when to intervene. I was on my way to bunker a player and the ref stopped me short...(he was the last guy left on their team) The ref knew the kid was new and he also knew I wasn't a gung-ho type player.

I did have a guy bunker me....he yelled out live or die as he ran past. I turned to see what it was and he shot me in the arm....but it didn't break. By the time I shot him in the thigh (i didn't want to hurt him) he already had two marks on his chest from my teamates. :)

Vegeta
12-22-2001, 11:34 AM
2 weekends ago I was invited to play with soem friends at some guys house. I knew they were all morons,and I was already doing stuff. I go back to school Monday and I have to hear about how awesome it was, and then, and I quote, thsi is coming from a friends of mine:

"...and then bobbert (Bobby) wouldn't keep his mask on and played almost the entire game without it so I lit him up and hit him right here (points to area right about nose on forehead)..."

I stared at him for I don't know hoe long. Then I asked:

"Did he put his mask on after that?"

Expecting the 'oh yea he was freaked out' but I got:

"No.. he just kept playing without it."

WHAT!? YOU COME WITHING 2 INCHES OF LOSING AN EYE AND DONT WEAR A MASK!?

Isn't there a lesson he should have learned after that?
I will never play with those people thats for sure.

Cha0tic
12-22-2001, 11:39 AM
at my field, if you are caught with your mask off, you are asked to leave the game. the second time, you are banned from the fields. some people think its harsh, but necessary.

my field has the surrender rule, but only on saturdays.(most of the local teams play on sundays,and bunkering is allowed). if you bunker on saturdays, you are asked to leave the game.

Magic37220
12-22-2001, 11:46 AM
My cousin (Navy SEAL) and I have a theory: exactly 1/3 of the population should be killed. Of course we are cynical bastards, but I can't help it.

Omicron
12-22-2001, 11:59 AM
what you can do, is if they do this again, get the person/people to stand somewhere, and people get to take shots at them for disobeying the rules. Say about 20 feet give or take amount of feet.

Miscue
12-22-2001, 12:17 PM
I only use 'surrender' on little kiddies at a recball field...(it's kind of embarassing shooting them close) or when surprising someone from the back and he wouldn't have a snowballs chance even if he thought about not surrendering. Basically, I give them 1/3 of a second to put their hands up, give up, or whatever. They twitch... they're toast... bonus balls included, depending. (I don't appreciate it when they refuse a courtesy I'm giving them... it's like not saying thanks after you're done at the dinner table. :) ) If you're close enough to make them surrender, you are close enough to hit them somewhere that will not hurt... goggles, hopper, gun, harness... I think that's better than a surrender, no confusion... and gives the guy something to clean.

My most memorable surrender: 2v6 game, my partner was shot out, one tyke left on other team... 1v1. I got a bunker behind him... he panicked and just kept shooting. "What's this I hear? PPSssssssssssh. Hehehe." His gun was busted. I walked up to him, yelled at him to surrender, he kept trying to shoot me with his busted gun. He was screaming and all. :) I had my PF plug shut off... walked up to him, "SURRENDER!" He kept trying to shoot still. "You better run then!" :) I started to dry fire at him... he ran away screaming... I chased after. :) "I SURRENDER! I SURRENDER!" hahaha. :)

I don't think I was being mean... I think he learned a valuable lesson that day. At least the spectators got a laugh outta it. :)

Ov3rmind
12-22-2001, 12:31 PM
Where I play at, surrender is an option. I just go and bunker em' anyway. Why take the risk of getting shot at, when you could get them out right then and there? You can also tag someone (with your hand) if you're that close. Problem is, I've seen incidents where people insist that the tagger missed them, and they go ahead and shoot.

Vegeta
12-22-2001, 12:42 PM
The 1/3 of teh population theory! I have that theory too!
lol. I think that was a Seinfeld episode once.

RSUAVE911
12-22-2001, 03:43 PM
I feel stupid people should be killed and taken off the field.

If you do not follow rules,how do you supposedto do anything in life?

They are simple rules at your field there a no reasons why people arenot undrstanding them.:(

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-22-2001, 04:25 PM
there will always be people that just can't play the game and have to play for as long as possible. if people get surrendered, they feel as if they were cheated cause they really weren't taken out because they weren't shot. after that, they'll argue till they are blue in the face that they aren't out. they want to keep playing. what i notice is that they'll say that they shot the person before they got to the bunker. i don't understand why people can't just take the loss and get off the field. you'll play in 10 minutes when the next game starts. it's just a game. and these are "adults". it's rediculous. they're worse than most of the kids that play. whatever. i guess life goes on. now, with the keeping of the masks on. forget that, i don't want to get started.

FooTemps
12-22-2001, 11:30 PM
When I play surrender I always choose the option to get capped. I've dodged paintballs and escaped actually..