PDA

View Full Version : Reloader B power?

StygShore
06-25-2006, 04:16 PM
I just got a Reloader B..

I open the box and there is a tray for 4 AA batteries, 4 AAA, or 6 AAA batteries. Can I use a 9v on this as well?

I'm kind of new to the high end loaders, I have been using the same Revy since 2 days after they hit the market :)

Styg

OEM Petey
06-25-2006, 04:28 PM
if you get the 9v mod you can. Its basically two 9v harnesses soldered into one. its not recommended by the manufactures, but people still do it. I have one, but my halo doesn't like the rechargables i use with them, so i stopped using it.

StygShore
06-25-2006, 04:39 PM
I have a rack of 9.6v rechargeables sitting here and was hoping to use them in the Reloader B. I guess I'll figure em out, or see if I can sell this rig and get some AA batteries.

Is this adapter liek the 12v mod for the Warp Feed or something, or just a coupld of 9v adapters slapped together?

Styg

OEM Petey
06-25-2006, 10:03 PM
I have a rack of 9.6v rechargeables sitting here and was hoping to use them in the Reloader B. I guess I'll figure em out, or see if I can sell this rig and get some AA batteries.

Is this adapter liek the 12v mod for the Warp Feed or something, or just a coupld of 9v adapters slapped together?

Styg

pretty much what you said.. Just a "Y" configuration of 2 coupled 9v adapters into one.

Try them out. My batts (9.6V) get really warm sometimes.. and my halo doesnt like it. So i just stopped using them.

CKY_Alliance
06-25-2006, 10:04 PM
You can just plug a 9-volt into the hopper..where the tray plugs into..it doesnt last as long but it works...good back up for when you run out of aa's and all you have is 9v's

StygShore
06-25-2006, 10:37 PM
OK, so a 9v straight into the hopper wont hurt anything?

What kind of performance hit can I look to take if I use just 1 9v?

I normally run Procells in all my paintball equipment, and I think those initially put out about 9.8-10.2 volts. I figured the 9.6 rechargeable were a good alternative, but if they are only going to be useful in my revy, maybe I will sell the 9.6v setup and both chargers and see if I can get a Duey Dog setup instead.

Styg

CKY_Alliance
06-25-2006, 10:44 PM
shouldnt hurt it at all...you will loose some performance and the life wont be as long so just put it in a lower mode...ye

StygShore
06-25-2006, 10:48 PM
Hehe you can put these in a lower mode? I got no instructiosn with it, it's used, but looks brand new.

anyone got instructions for how to use a Reloader B?

Styg

shouldnt hurt it at all...you will loose some performance and the life wont be as long so just put it in a lower mode...ye

CKY_Alliance
06-25-2006, 11:12 PM
when u cut it on the number of times the light flashes green is the mode it is in...to change mode (1-3) when you cut it on you press the button the number of times for the mode you want...im not sure if you do this before the blinking lights or after...i always have a teamate do it for me...

11 Bravo
06-26-2006, 09:02 AM
OK, so a 9v straight into the hopper wont hurt anything?

What kind of performance hit can I look to take if I use just 1 9v?

I normally run Procells in all my paintball equipment, and I think those initially put out about 9.8-10.2 volts. I figured the 9.6 rechargeable were a good alternative, but if they are only going to be useful in my revy, maybe I will sell the 9.6v setup and both chargers and see if I can get a Duey Dog setup instead.

Styg

I wouldnt use the Duey Dog Bone in your Reloader B. I did and had problems with breaking paint in the gun and hopper for quite a while. Until finally I figured out that the Hopper was running too fast and hard. I switched to 4 rechargeable batteries and have not had one problem since.

Note: If you have the B2 board you could probably still use the Dog Bone and just adjust the board down to compensate for the additional juice. (I tried this with a new B2 board and the board malfunctioned). I dont know if it was defective or if the Bone did it.

StygShore
06-26-2006, 09:07 AM
I dont think it has the new board in it.

Is there any way to find out what board I have in my Reloader?

Styg

rkjunior303
06-26-2006, 09:08 AM
I wouldnt use the Duey Dog Bone in your Reloader B. I did and had problems with breaking paint in the gun and hopper for quite a while. Until finally I figured out that the Hopper was running too fast and hard. I switched to 4 rechargeable batteries and have not had one problem since.

Note: If you have the B2 board you could probably still use the Dog Bone and just adjust the board down to compensate for the additional juice. (I tried this with a new B2 board and the board malfunctioned). I dont know if it was defective or if the Bone did it.

I never had a problem with my battery pack that I got from Dueydog in my Reloader B. The thing ran like a champ on setting 2, even with Ultra Evil. I just wish it was a smart charger..

StygShore
06-26-2006, 09:11 AM
I think his new ones are smart chargers.

Styg