PDA

View Full Version : what does the liitle hole in the side of my xvalve do?

Pneumagger
06-25-2006, 08:16 PM
Like the title says? It it some kind of vent? It doesn't seem to go to any vent/passage inside

HuD1Ni
06-25-2006, 08:19 PM
Like the title says? It it some kind of vent? It doesn't seem to go to any vent/passage inside

maybe where you screw in your hose fitting ? or is it somewhere else ?

BigEvil
06-25-2006, 08:23 PM
Hole on the left is a safety vent. Usually, if air comes out of that, then you need to replace your reg pin. (I believe)

Little_Ho
06-25-2006, 08:37 PM
second that ^^^^^^^^^
also the Hole in the Back where you adjust the FPS its a safty vent too.

CKY_Alliance
06-25-2006, 09:58 PM
second that ^^^^^^^^^
also the Hole in the Back where you adjust the FPS its a safty vent too.

Not to jack your thread,but since you got your answer...

little_ho i see you live in G'ville..do you ever play at NewGen?...ill probably be up there on the 8th for the scpfoa event and was wondering how nice of a place it was?..i've believe ive been told its nice but i dont remeber if that was indeed the place...doesnt make much since but ye...ever play at PBC? I think i am goin to start going to tere xball practice on tuesdays..

Recon by Fire
06-25-2006, 10:48 PM
I thought that was the air duct for the Paintball Elves inside?

Little_Ho
06-26-2006, 12:53 AM
CKY_Alliance:

i never palyed at NewGen, because iam playing Woodsball at SaludaPaintball in Honea Path. I personal thing the Place is very kiddish. I mean the last time i was there I talked to the Guy at the Teller to get some Air parts and the Kids next to us where Dry fireing theire Markers. It was inside it did look like to me that they where like who can shoot the most there.

I dont want to turn you down but that was my impression....

Hope you have fun and if you ever feel like to play something Diffrent tehn comon out to SaludaPaintball.com

And look out for Team Pain Cell

Little_Ho

captian pinky
06-26-2006, 08:12 AM
member pain cell played at pbc i forget what happend :D but ya haha jk man im superman if u care to look back at the pics

athomas
06-26-2006, 08:38 AM

Its a safety vent. If you back out the velocity adjuster too far with the valve gassed up, it will release air out the side vent as a warning. Plus, if your regulator piston assembly doesn't work properly, this acts like a backup safety vent. The velocity adjuster springs will compress and allow the reg assembly oring to go past the vent hole to release the excess pressure (this would be an extreme overpressure).