PDA

View Full Version : Halo B's Victory Board Fried

Sam5992
06-25-2006, 10:13 PM
I have a victory board in my halo B and today i took itapart and cleaned it. When i was putting it back together I accidently hit the Power button and it turned on. I let it run and my friend just tapped the top right corner of the chip with a screwdriver and it died. You would hear it just die.

I thoguth he fried it so i put it down and went to see how much a new victory board is. When i put itdown it hit the button andit turned on, then stopped. So it works, but i dunno why. I cant get it 2 turn on, but it did once after the incident, so i dont think the board is fried. I just took out the engine, battery and board, and when i push the wires that connect the board 2 the motor in, the engine turns on. thats probably just because the power is goiing through the board, because the actual board doesnt turn on. Does anyone know what going on.

Yes i tried replacing the batteries.

Cow hunter
06-26-2006, 08:45 AM
yep, i think i fried it :p i have reason to believe that it'll work for the one second like we saw, then turn off even when its fried, it might be fixable, but i dont know how...

Sam5992
06-26-2006, 05:09 PM
yea the guy at the store said it was fried. I just got a b2 in replacement. It was pretty funny though.

SpitFire1299
06-26-2006, 07:34 PM
They have some cheap stock boards on ebay. I got one for $2 a while back.

Sam5992
06-26-2006, 07:38 PM
thats cool. If i mess up my new one ill have tolook into that..

SpitFire1299
06-26-2006, 07:40 PM
This was a while ago though.. i think the board was used too, but still; $2 cant be beat.

Sam5992
06-26-2006, 07:40 PM
yep, i think i fried it :p i have reason to believe that it'll work for the one second like we saw, then turn off even when its fried, it might be fixable, but i dont know how...

yea i think the power went through the chip, and turned the motor, but then there was no way for it to sustain it so it turned off.

Sorry for double posting...