PDA

View Full Version : ULT vs E-Mag/X-Mag

Aslan
06-26-2006, 12:42 AM
I was just wondering, I've seen some pretty cool videos on the internet of Devilmags and E-mags shooting 24-34bps...pretty much walkable or maybe a little bounce going on. But I've also heard people in here talk about how Mags are not "walkable". So I guess my question is sort of two-fold:

1) Are E-Mags/X-Mags walkable? If they are after certain upgrades (boards) or care...what must be done to get them to that point?

2) A Classic mag with an Intelliframe or some other double trigger frame is certainly not "fast". Maybe 8-10bps max and you're going to have to have fast fingers and'll probably get some short stroke issues. So then you decide to get the ULE trigger mod. Okay, is the Mag now walkable? If not, how much better/faster is the mech gun with that mod? How noticeable is the difference from going from a mech with the trigger mod to a stock E-Mag?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not obsessed with speed like most newbs who immediately have to know how to make their Mags shoot 24bps so they can turn pro...I'm just trying to get a grasp on the whole timeline or evolution and just how much more advantageous the ULE trigger mod upgrade is and then how much better than that mod E-Mag lowers would be.

Thanks! :bounce:

Lenny
06-26-2006, 01:56 AM
Um... the whole walking thing is debatable. E/X-Mags are DEFINATELY walkable. Seeing as though they are high-end electros, it should be a gimme.

The debatable part is the walk-ability of a ULT mag. Some people can, some can't. My buddy can get his going pretty well (comparable to an E-Spyder), but I can't for sh*t. You can noticably shoot faster with a ULT, though. And the pull weight difference is VERY noticable. I believe a classic/RT on/off requires something like 3lbs. of pressure to fire, whereas a ULT on/off needs just under 1 lb (correct me if I'm wrong, though).

And going from a stock/ULT'd mag to a stock E-Mag is a huge difference speed-wise. They aren't even in the same catagory. Though I will say this: ULT does lower the pull weight, but never use it in an e/x-mag! I can't exactly remember how, but it's pretty bad for the guns. If you ever need the mech mode, just get used to it stock.

Pneumagger
06-26-2006, 02:04 AM
Yo... Don't forget about the pneumag frame!!!
1.1ounce (~37g) And faster than you can pull the trigger. Definately walkable. No ULT required for walkabilty. Classic valves work too! I personally hit 13 on a classic and 14 on a Xvalve. I don't have terribly fast fingers at all either.

Plus I'm working on one that does ~18-20CPS full auto. I have a wav sound clip/graph with cycles around 50ms. My Mag is out to the andoizers so I'll try to resume testing and shoot some videos when it gets back in a week hopefully.

Aslan
06-26-2006, 10:18 AM
I'm afraid I know absolutely nothing about the pneumag frame. Is there a sticky or good thread on it?

Sounds like I got my answer though...ULE trigger "possibly" walkable...but noticeably faster even if not walkable. E-Mags and X-Mags walkable despite the board/electronics/eyes. Is that an accurate summary? :ninja:

The reason I started thinking about this is I actually have fairly fast fingers...probably from my days (a long time ago) of being a musician. Most of my markers have single trigger frames, but I did have a Rebel LE that had a double trigger. However, I couldn't "walk" it because it was a piece of junk and would just chop like mad and get balls wedged in between the bolt and the frame. :mad:

So, I decided to try out an electro and bought a cheap Prodigy E-Grip. I could get it to about 9bps without walking...and when I tried to walk...it exceeded the capacity of the marker. I believe Prodigys are capped at 7-9bps. :eek: :cuss:

So then I got an Intelliframe for my Classic Mag...but of course it's not walkable...it's hard enought to just fire fast without short stroking, much less "walking". So then I was puttng my Minimag project gun together (almost complete!!) and decided I'd put a Retro Valve on it and have it milled to accept the ULE trigger kit. It's been milled and I recently picked up a kit...and I was just thinking about it and wondering if maybe I could actually finally have a "walkable" trigger. And if I did...what would be the point of getting E-Mag lowers if I could walk a ULT almost as fast? But apparently what is being said is that E-Mag lowers would be a huge difference...especially if it turns out that I can't end up walking the ULT.

Interesting stuff...thanks! :hail: :cheers:

HuD1Ni
06-26-2006, 11:43 AM
Do this, get the ULT, then get lukes sear and trigger stop mods.. then you'll have that going faster than mostif not all other mechs

Aslan
06-26-2006, 08:49 PM
Do this, get the ULT, then get lukes sear and trigger stop mods.. then you'll have that going faster than mostif not all other mechs

What are they? What do they do? Who is Luke? Is there a link to a website or thread or something? I'm not looking to have the fastest gun ever...just was hoping I might be able to walk with the ULT...who knows, maybe I can...I'll see when I get the valve back from milling and the ULE trigger pull kit in the mail.

spyder paintballer
07-25-2006, 05:19 PM
I DONT LKE UR NAME I WILL SHOOT U :shooting: AND THEN DANCE ON U :dance: . JK BUT GET A BETTER NAME MEAN COME ON IT SCARESS ME
:eek:

jenarelJAM
07-26-2006, 01:01 AM
lol, off topic much? :wow:

Isn't lukes sear mod the one where it just redrills the sear so it actuates sooner, but takes more force to pull?

I've never shot a ULT trigger, but it seems that unless you shim it 'til it bounces, you probably won't be passing the 10bps mark. The e/xmags are basicly like any electro. Adjustable trigger, light pull, it might feel different because its magnetic instead of a spring, but it should shoot as fast as you can move your fingers. I think that even though some people take the ULT and walk it, it wasn't really meant for that, just for an easier and cleaner pull. My 2 cents.

Arstron
07-26-2006, 02:03 PM
lol, off topic much? :wow:

Isn't lukes sear mod the one where it just redrills the sear so it actuates sooner, but takes more force to pull?

I've never shot a ULT trigger, but it seems that unless you shim it 'til it bounces, you probably won't be passing the 10bps mark. The e/xmags are basicly like any electro. Adjustable trigger, light pull, it might feel different because its magnetic instead of a spring, but it should shoot as fast as you can move your fingers. I think that even though some people take the ULT and walk it, it wasn't really meant for that, just for an easier and cleaner pull. My 2 cents.

Lukes mod does involve re drilling the sear and adjusting the trigger rod (I belive), it makes the trigger pull shorter and slightly heavier. I highly recomend it with the ULT though, I have that setup with my zgrip and love it. It is walkable for me, and is similar to shooting a stock spyder, but for being mech and the price, it is a very good mod that you would be pleased with. I would also recomend the trigger stops if you do this mod.

http://www.lukescustoms.com

Aslan
08-08-2006, 11:27 AM
Lukes mod does involve re drilling the sear and adjusting the trigger rod (I belive), it makes the trigger pull shorter and slightly heavier. I highly recomend it with the ULT though, I have that setup with my zgrip and love it. It is walkable for me, and is similar to shooting a stock spyder, but for being mech and the price, it is a very good mod that you would be pleased with. I would also recomend the trigger stops if you do this mod.

http://www.lukescustoms.com

I'm definitely going to have to get that mod. My only worry is that my air tanks can't adjust to the recommended 850-950. I wish the X-Stream wasn't such a turd pie...but since it is...and will only adjust to 825...I guess I need to start saving up some money for an adjustable reg or something.