PDA

View Full Version : How do you get the most out of the ULT?

Andrew - NYC
06-26-2006, 11:44 AM
Just picked up a RT Custom PRO with Lvl 10, and ULT pre-installed, and tuned from the factory.
I haven't been able to get out to a field, but have fired it out around the house. It seems like the trigger almost wants to be reactive, but stops short of me being able to walk a line of balls out of it?
I've checked out a couple of threads, but I'm staring this one to ask the question directly:

How do you tune the ULT to get the most out of it? What is the best performance you can expect (BPS)?

I'm a dedicated woodsball player, so speed is not my main concern... it's just nice to have it if you need it!

Cow hunter
06-26-2006, 12:07 PM
get it bouncy by cramming as many shims as you can into it, 9 should br the limit, and if you dont have enough shims, remember that LVL10 shims will work, but count as 2 ULT shims. if you have an 850 tank on my mag right now you can get indefinite full auto by allpying the right pressure to the trigger

flyingpootang
06-26-2006, 12:46 PM
get it bouncy by cramming as many shims as you can into it, 9 should br the limit, and if you dont have enough shims, remember that LVL10 shims will work, but count as 2 ULT shims. if you have an 850 tank on my mag right now you can get indefinite full auto by allpying the right pressure to the trigger

The most I have ever got into my ULT is 5 shims. The higher the tank out put pressure the more reactivity you'll get out of the trigger 900-1000 will give you a good bouncy trigger. The Xvalve will shoot 26 bps with out shoot down

Andrew - NYC
06-27-2006, 12:24 AM
I've checking out threads...
Will excessive shiming cause leaks?
I've never got "into" the inside of my MAG. How do I find out about the ULT parts... how do I do it!

flyingpootang
06-27-2006, 03:25 AM
I've checking out threads...
Will excessive shiming cause leaks?
I've never got "into" the inside of my MAG. How do I find out about the ULT parts... how do I do it!

First off most people here on AO are very helpful and all around good people unlike other PB sites. Although to you your question is unique, there are at least 5-10 post a week asking the same/simular question. Asking your question in BOLD will not get it answered any quicker and may even be overlooked because of the wording. Please take this into consideration when posting a question and I'm shure mostly every one here will be willing to help.

The ULT is on the under side of your valve. Degas the marker and remove the valve. It's the brass square piece in the middle of the valve. It lifts straight out and will seperate into 2 halfs with shims between the two pieces.

To answer your question on the ULT adding to many shims will make your marker go full auto. To tune it start with 2 shims and fire the marker. Keep adding one shim at a time until it goes full auto, then remove the last shim and then your ULT will be tuned.

Just a note on your L10 bolt if it's new it will start to leak after 700-1000 rounds. This is normal and means you need to go to the next smallest carrier.

Andrew - NYC
06-27-2006, 02:01 PM
...Just a note on your L10 bolt if it's new it will start to leak after 700-1000 rounds. This is normal and means you need to go to the next smallest carrier.

Thanks for the heads-up on posting, and tuning the MAG. ;)

When you you say the "next smallest carrier", what part are you referring to?

I'm going to try the MAG as is this next weekend. I'll tune it up the trigger when I have gas in the tank!

BerSerK
06-27-2006, 02:19 PM
Check the following site : http://home.comcast.net/~jaketakeoko/TAM/FramePages/main.htm

I liked that site a lot when I was a mag noob. Take time to read before using tools.

You can also check the "Resources" tab on AO at the top of the page, really helpful too. ;)

flyingpootang
06-28-2006, 01:18 AM
Thanks for the heads-up on posting, and tuning the MAG. ;)

When you you say the "next smallest carrier", what part are you referring to?

I'm going to try the MAG as is this next weekend. I'll tune it up the trigger when I have gas in the tank!

The next smallest carrier would be the next tighest fitting while using the same o-ring. If you have the carrier with no dots and no rings the next smallest is the one with a single dot.

Andrew - NYC
06-29-2006, 12:32 PM
Thanks for all the info. (FPT, Beserk, etc) It's very cool not being out in the wilderness when it comes to fixing up a new gun... :cry:

:hail:

BigEvil
06-29-2006, 01:23 PM
Thanks for all the info. (FPT, Beserk, etc) It's very cool not being out in the wilderness when it comes to fixing up a new gun... :cry:

Where in NYC are you?

flyingpootang
06-29-2006, 05:01 PM

Thats what were all about here at AO. Glad your here, we need all the mag supporters we can get. What ever you need I'm shure someone here is more than willing to help :cheers: . Plus all the dealers: Tunaman, Luke, Ryan, LuisV, rouge, etc are all great guys. Check them out under the dealer forums. All have a unique area of expertise. :clap:

Tunaman
06-29-2006, 06:27 PM
The next smallest carrier would be the next tighest fitting while using the same o-ring. If you have the carrier with no dots and no rings the next smallest is the one with a single dot.Well not quite...but close. No dots or lines is the smallest carrier. One dot would be the .5 carrier and that is larger...not smaller. ;)

flyingpootang
06-30-2006, 12:38 AM
Doh. :tard: Well at least I was right about going to the next tighest fitting carrier... :bounce:

Andrew - NYC
07-01-2006, 09:56 AM
Where in NYC are you?

Washington Heights - close to the GWB: aka Up-state Manhattan :)

Andrew - NYC
07-01-2006, 10:01 AM
Doh. :tard: Well at least I was right about going to the next tighest fitting carrier... :bounce:

Can't do any tuning till I get some more gas, and balls... da MAG do like the da GAS! :eek:

Andrew - NYC
07-05-2006, 03:27 PM
Cleaned up the MAG after a fun time out at Ejam outdoors, and when to setting up the ULT... :eek:
I followed the basic step by step set up for the ULT. I was light on the trigger, and I got rapid fire; however, it was a bit too rapid.
I removed a shim, and the gun won't fire at all, or only once. I turn the air off, and then back on. One more shot (or one series of rapid fire), then nothing. No leaks.
Basically, the sear resets, and I get one shot, then nothing?
What gives?
:confused:
I don't have time to mess with it right now, and really, I needs some ideas? :tard:

MAG tweakers please chime in!

silentdeath55
07-05-2006, 08:39 PM
Here's a little thread I started up when the ULT first came out. I know you don't have a classic valve, but Bad_Dog has a few good diagram/pictures in this thread, along with a lot of troubleshooting info. Hope it helps!

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=110976