PDA

View Full Version : Telltale signs you are addicted to automags...

Butterfingers
12-22-2001, 01:33 AM
You have 5 field strip screws and only 2 mags...

You have 9 out of the possible 5 powertube spacers .195, .205, .210, .223 pro-team aluminum spacers .215, .220, .225, .230, .235 AGD brass.

You some how wound up with 3 powertube tips.

You find empty boxes for 4 RT parts kits.

You have in your possession every bolt AGD made. Standard foamie, standard foamiless, longnose foamie, longnose foamieless and my superbolt was shipped yesterday.

You have varying sizes of RT on/off pins. .755 (Came with ELCD Grip) .750, .745, .735(experimental fileing attempt)

You have 4 powerfeed plugs but only 2 mags.

You have a box of AGD complimentary stickers.

The Automag, Automag RT, and E-mag videos are filed between Ace Ventura Pet Detective and Beetoven in you're video collection.

Dial calipers are a part of you're automag tool kit.

Ill keep you posted if I find more stuff... oh wait did I just suggest that it was me? I mean Ill keep you posted when "my friend" finds more stuff.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
12-22-2001, 02:01 AM
hows this one

You have 4 barrels and 2 mags

Butterfingers
12-22-2001, 02:29 AM
Only 4?

Hows about 7

Maghog
12-22-2001, 02:55 AM
how about owning 9 mags?

hardr0ck68
12-22-2001, 03:22 AM
i dont know about you guys but i

force teamates to ride in back of car on way to turny cause my mag always has shotgun

have 4 valve assemblys, 4 gripframes, 6 bolts,3 body styles, 2 barrels, 3 maids a milking, and only one completed mag at a time

parts for mag or food....i go hungry

girlfriend said she would not share a bed with me and my mag....she slept on the coutch (dumped me the next day...its alright tho on the rebound i bought a intelliframe)

have pegs already set into my wall (next to the ones for my mag, F4, nelspot 007, 2nd mag)for the e-mag extream i dont even own yet!! thats right i drilled my wall and set pegs that should make a great display stand for the e-mag extream I DONT OWN YET

christmas im gettin a retro valve, birthday im gettin a warp feed somehow still manage to have only one mag built at a time

have wet dreams about AGD products

(umm........Ewww.)

and not only do i have names for my mag (one for each setup i use) but i talk to it before games asking it for advice and making sure it feels good...promis it new parts if it treats me right

FooTemps
12-22-2001, 04:08 AM
Here's another telltale sign...

You post a lot on the AO forum.

You don't own an automag but you know more about automags than some people that actually own automags.

speedballbanks
12-22-2001, 08:29 AM
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... my left foot grew more then my right and i own an automag but i think i am addicted more then alot of people and i dont own a perecntage of agd i mean you guys have all that stufff and you can only use on ething at a time jeez oh well lucky for you i wish i had all that stuff neato torpedo lol.

Vegeta
12-22-2001, 11:22 AM
You have over 200 posts.

Been here since only October.

Know enough about mags to actually help people who come and ask questions.

And DON'T OWN ONE.

That would be me...
<

Miscue
12-22-2001, 11:26 AM
I tear mine apart everyday for no reason. :) No, not really... but I have done so about a dozen times and I haven't had the chance to even go play yet.

Restola
12-22-2001, 11:32 AM
I own one mag, just one barrel, no extra powertube spacers, no extra valve assemblies, no extra bodys, no extra rails, no extra grips, no extra powerfeed plugs...

i suck.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
12-22-2001, 12:44 PM
o o!

You have more than 500 posts at AO....(im close)\

EDIT:
I need to read the rest of the posts b-4 I post! ;)

paintballer187
12-22-2001, 01:57 PM
have wet dreams about AGD products

hahaha, thats taking it a little to far

how bout:

if you sit down and actually post a thread like this

ronron2112
12-22-2001, 09:43 PM
You go around to every jewry store trying to find a wedding ring that'll fint your barrel...

You start getting butterflys in your stomach when you see your baby sitting there.

... thats all i can think of.. wouldnt wanna embarris my self THAT much...

magman007
12-22-2001, 09:54 PM
1 you take all the things appart on your gun that tom specifically tells you not to messwith in the video just so you can come ont the forms to complain and get advice on haw to fix it

2 you play with te trigger rod length for the same reason as above

3 all yor friends beleve your an agd certified tech

4. you have the capability to make 6 guns out of crappy aftermarket parts that you wasted your money on

5. You prey to Tom every night

6. you crossed off the cover of yor manual to write bible on it

7. you call your self by your AO name

8. your Ao name is either Webmaster, Army, Cphilip, Or Miscue

9. you have every ao persons marker memorizedand you get ticked when they change it around

10. you wish cocker and mags would breed to create the ultimate gun!

Riot[Z-Grip]
12-22-2001, 10:02 PM
Your team name begins with the initials "AO".
Your team made their own jerseys with AGD patches b/c AGD hasn't made any yet.
Given the choice between getting your friends x-mas presents or getting your mag a ReTro valve, your mag is the happy one.
You called up Benchmark's home office for a body rail when you heard of the merge with PTP, "just in case" so you wouldn't be left out.
You can't remember the last time your paycheck wasn't put toward your mag (or playing with your mag to get it exercise and keep it happy).
You have the upgrade path for your mag all planned out until 2003.

And last, but not least.....

You just have to have the best "telltale signs" on AO!

tsc
12-22-2001, 10:23 PM
You've been registered on AO for over a year, and don't own a mag.

You rag on your freind because he has a cocker, because everyone knows mags are better. You still don't own a mag.

Most of the people on your buddy list are from AO. (still no mag)

You check AO obsessivly compulsivly.

Tom has a pet name for you.

...Hey..Waitaminute..thats me. :cool:

Paintballer86
12-22-2001, 10:49 PM
The "911 Button" on your phone was programed out and it is now the main Office Number at Airgun Designs.

12-22-2001, 11:32 PM
This crazy guy I know has all of his paintball guns lined around the guard rails of his bunk bed but his mag is right next to his head, and the cockers are at the foot and every once in awhile get kicked off the top bunk. :D Very true..

ThePatriot
12-22-2001, 11:39 PM
When during sexual relations you scream out "AGD" or perhaps "AutoMAG" or for you strange people "Tom Kaye"...

joeyjoe367
12-23-2001, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by ThePatriot
When during sexual relations you scream out "AGD" or perhaps "AutoMAG" or for you strange people "Tom Kaye"...

Umm.... Whoa...Gross.

hardr0ck68
12-23-2001, 01:50 AM
lord you need no tell tale signs really...mags are worse then heroin(sp?) (cept they dont kill you) use it once and you are hooked, hell some people are hooked before they use one!!! the worst part is when i tryed to enroll in a 12 step program for it they laughed at me

ShinyGuy
12-23-2001, 02:39 AM
You don't have time to wait for the mail so you make spare parts from memory.

(I've actually made PTspacers and an on/off top from memory. I was pretty sure I remembered the dimensions and only a little surprised the parts worked.)

Deadeye
12-23-2001, 04:31 AM
I'm not addicted to my baby...

I mean, sure when I dress up for work and all, I hold up my mag to see if it matches what I wear. We wouldn't want the fashion police after us now would we???

And of course, I want my kid's first words to be 'AGD'. I want him/her to be able to spell...

Sure I play the Automag's video in the background when I'm at home, doesn't everybody?

I'm not addicted...I'm not...really. I have friends too, sure we all start out out by sayin; Hello everyone, my name's XXX and I'm an automagger...

I'm not addicted.

J
12-23-2001, 02:38 PM
...After adding your upgrades, you have enough spare sparts to build your old 'Mag

Vegeta
12-24-2001, 11:07 AM
How bout this:
You are up at 3:30 in the morning looking through old posts that you hae nothing to do with, fall asleep, and wake up at 6 in the morning to find out that you have passed out on the keyboard and typed repetitive "g"'s in the reply box. You are still board, so at the end of the g's you put:

"....gggggggggggggg
Hey guys look at that^ who wants to help em count them?"

FDB1
12-24-2001, 11:25 AM
-you give your mag a name and humanly characteristics

-you are ahead of your local proshop in new AGD mag upgrades

-it takes 5 weekdays to decide what mag you will play with on saturday

-refs try to steal your gun(s) ( jokingly of course )

-you and your friend think about if mags were wrestlers, who would win

-people at your school that dont even play paintball know exactly what is on your mag, and they know the names of the parts too

-you find ways to use your mag for lots of stuff, not just paintball

clockworkmiller
12-24-2001, 12:20 PM
You consider moving to a different state because pro shops in your area dont carry AGD parts.

You have every upgrade planned for the mag you dont even own yet.

Physical fights ensue between you and cocker owners over accuracy and distance.

You're waiting for WGP to go public so you can buy them out and run the company into the ground.

LeadBasedPaint
12-24-2001, 01:25 PM
Well i've only got 1 mag, and three barrels, but I often tear it apart to look at the insides. (lately alot since it has been mistreating me)I also polish it up (have to make sure there is no unsightly finger grease on it) and just sit and stare at it. I used to HATE mags. For no reason, just cause I decided that I didn't like them. Now I own one and I love my baby. Nobody is allowed to touch it (well a few people are) and when I upgrade I will build it a shrine. Although I do feel kinda dirty since I am trying to trade it for an E-Mag behind its back. Maybe that is why it is mistreating me.

Manuel_FZR
12-24-2001, 05:52 PM
I really didnīt belived it; but Mags are really hard drugs. ;)
-I own my Mag for about one year, but Iīm sure, I will never sell my Mini!
- I shoot different markers, from Angel to Shocker and Cocker ... but I will never shoot another than a AGD marker!

Butterfingers
12-25-2001, 01:08 AM
You spend last night taping up 12 AAA alkaline batteries into a battary pack, because you cant wait for AGD to send you a replacement battary pack for the bum one that came with the marker. After teidious solder work you hook it up to the e-mag and it powers up. Only it dosent have enough power to pull the sear. You go to sleep, the next morning, you carefully tear apart the battary pack and you realize that 2 of the 12 batteries in the battary pack are dead. You go to radio shack buy a crapload of parts and a digital multimeter to replace the POS that you have now. Then you start taping 12 new batteries together. After hours of taping and sodering a battary pack you test it with the multimeter and it reads a healthy 17.80 volts. You try to put it back in the battary pack shroud but you realized you used too much electrical tape and it wont fit !?!?!. You spend the evening thinking about how to remedy this problem.

Yeah... beat that...

magmonkey
12-25-2001, 08:36 AM
you spend most of your free time chained to the milling machine and lathe trying to make mag stuff just a little cooler

your girlfriend truly resents the time you spend working on your mag (some things take priority)

she is even more mad when she gets out of bed and stubs her toe on one of the micromags you have strewn around your room

out of the 12 people who most reagluarly play with you
you convince 8 it is a good idea to have a mag "at least as a backup"

you own enough mags that if you knew anough paople without markers you could fill a 10 man roster

you threatend the life a pro player who is sponsored by smart parts (not mentioning any names) at the world cup because they told you to drop that boat anchor emag and start playing with a impulse
then two teammates had to hold you back from jumping over the smartparts table to go after him
..... the only way you can calm down afterwords is to go talk to Tom and Forest about your twin rt project.

I think the reason I like mags so much is that I like to fight :)

joeyjoe367
12-25-2001, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by magmonkey

you threatend the life a pro player who is sponsored by smart parts (not mentioning any names) at the world cup because they told you to drop that boat anchor emag and start playing with a impulse
then two teammates had to hold you back from jumping over the smartparts table to go after him
..... the only way you can calm down afterwords is to go talk to Tom and Forest about your twin rt project.

I think the reason I like mags so much is that I like to fight :)

Dude, did that really happen? HOW dare he insult AGD products?!?! :D

Butterfingers
12-25-2001, 07:04 PM
that you wanted to play with a machine not a toy

Zumina
12-25-2001, 07:30 PM
these apply to 99% of the people on this board:

You deem everything made by another manufacturer as "a peice of junk" even though you have no first hand experience with it.

And

You deem every new AGD gadget as "The best thing since the water soluble paintball"

heheheeheh

ronron2112
12-25-2001, 07:48 PM
YAY to all the creative minds..... as mine (vigerously inhaled) compared to the "thinkers" waaayyy too much time on their hands!;)

Butterfingers
12-25-2001, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by SUN WARRIOR
these apply to 99% of the people on this board:

You deem everything made by another manufacturer as "a peice of junk" even though you have no first hand experience with it.

And

You deem every new AGD gadget as "The best thing since the water soluble paintball"

heheheeheh

Thats cause everything else is a peice of junk, LOL. :)

Vegeta
12-25-2001, 10:37 PM
- Your have no more mags to work on at the moment so you start milling a BE Talon into what looks like a really sad mag.

(yes, I did this. I even hacksawed out hte breech and converted it to a vert feed using only the old breech, leftever melted plastic, and a soldering iron.)

ronron2112
12-26-2001, 11:29 AM
Vegeta, you gotta get a pic of that. That sounds pretty funny to see;)

Vegeta
12-26-2001, 12:17 PM
Im going to get my camera.. just have to wait for prints to come back so I can scan em.

OldSchoolMag
12-26-2001, 12:38 PM
1) When people ask you what kind of "contraption" you have laying on your pillow, half tucked under the covers, you throw them into the street screaming "Blasphemer!" as they run away.
2) On the off chance they touch it, you spend 4 hours steam cleaning the body until you can once again see the reflection of your collection of other mags in the body.
3) Should someone who actually knows about paintball insult your mags, you pin them down and pull their arm behind their back until they apologize and MEAN IT.
4) Half of your friends have at one point been slapped because they did not know what the new product coming out for your mag was called.
5) At least half of the above have accepted this.
and finally
6) The order of pictures in your wallet is in this order - first, that spiffy double barreled mag that we see so much of. Second, your personal mag. Third, what looks like a third grade drawing of what you want your mag to look like. Fourth, your returned letter to Santa stating that he would get you that Superbolt for Christmas, just please, don't harm the elves. And fifth, whatever family pictures will fit.

ronron2112
12-27-2001, 03:26 PM
When you run out of upgrades for your mag, so you scientificly figure out how much time santa cluase has to stop at each house!! lol major!