PDA

View Full Version : Stiffi

punkncat
06-26-2006, 07:39 PM
I know that somewhere this has been beaten into the ground...

I am very amazed at how light this barrel is. Its performance is on par with quite a few other barrels, its nothing to write home about, and not shabby either. The weight of this thing is truly something else though. I have been using a Freak which I thought was not too heavy. I just didn't even know. It will take me a minute to get used to the balance being different.

I was glad to pick one up "used" but still in the package for a bit less than new.

Dewok82
06-26-2006, 07:48 PM
That carbon fiber sure is something, isn't it? The Deadlywind CF foregrips feel almost weightless.
I love the look and weight (or lack thereof) of Stiffis and the CCM CF barrels. The only issue I had was the fact that you couldn't use battleswabs or other fibrous squeegees on them. Although, I noticed mine shot clean with relative ease (always barrel breaks! <3 level 10 <3).

Now, if we could just get some CF Halo shells and/or Mag bodies. Unfortunately, from what I have read, neither would be very feasible.

punkncat
06-26-2006, 08:02 PM
Actually glad you mentioned the no cloth swab thing....I hadn't read the insert and had forgotten that being mentioned.

It would be completly bad-"rear" to have a marker body with a true CF finish. Not only look good but weigh nearly nothing.....

Ratt
08-12-2007, 12:13 PM
I know that somewhere, someone mentioned how to remove the tip from the barrel. Can someone point me to that post, or just inform me how to do it?

Toll
08-12-2007, 12:35 PM
I think it was a heatgun and a strap wrench, but I could be wrong.

A halo made of CF wouldn't be lighter and would cost a ton but would certainly look neat.

mclaggan123
08-12-2007, 08:00 PM
but it wouldnt crack. ive cracked quit a few halo shells.

WenULiVeUdiE
08-12-2007, 09:15 PM
I was shooting a Mini with .691 Stiffi and a 68/45 today.

The barrel was pretty decent. However, I was testing it with half-decent and mixed paint with an overbore. Still not bad.

KC
08-14-2007, 11:37 AM
Im very happy with the one I just picked up. The new mamba series has a gloss to it. Shoots very clean of barrel breaks... I was impressed.

14" 689 Stiffi 2.0oz
14" 689 WGP Kaner 5oz

3oz is alot when you think about leverage.

-Kristian