PDA

View Full Version : ULE body in an E-mag micro?

Mcpullish
06-27-2006, 03:47 AM
Hey everyone at AO, just joined today and was really curious about the ULE body. Currently, my e-mag micro is ridiculously heavy and this would help a lot. From the looks of it, the regular e-mag and micro have identical trigger frame size, although I'm not entirely sure. I realize it's not exactly an Airgun Designs product, but I hope someone out there knows the answer to my question. Does the ULE body work with a micro e-mag?

Dark Frost17
06-27-2006, 04:39 AM
i think the ule bodie would have to sit on a rail..... doesnt the micromag body have a built in rail?

Mcpullish
06-27-2006, 04:58 AM
yeah, it does have a built in rail on the body, but I think as long as the micro e-mag trigger frame fit on the ULE it'd work right?

DiSoRdeR
06-27-2006, 05:02 AM
If you wanted to use a ULE body you would need a emag or RT pro rail for it, since you have a Micromag body right now that has an intergrated rail. Micromag bodies are one of the only mag bodies with an intergrated rail(pretty sure a Z-body needs a rail, not sure its late) as such any other body would require a rail.

Mcpullish
06-27-2006, 05:03 AM
but so if I got the e-mag rail I could put the ULE on it and still use the remaining trigger frame for the micro correct?

DiSoRdeR
06-27-2006, 05:06 AM
but so if I got the e-mag rail I could put the ULE on it and still use the remaining trigger frame for the micro correct?
To my knowledge yes, Im pretty sure the emag bottoms for your Micromag are the same as any other. So I do not see any reason why you wouldnt be able to then.

Mcpullish
06-27-2006, 05:11 AM
cool, thanks for the help and advice

DiSoRdeR
06-27-2006, 05:30 AM
cool, thanks for the help and advice
No problem, and welcome to AO :cheers:

athomas
06-28-2006, 05:40 PM

The emag trigger frame is the same for all emags, even the Micro-emag. If you put the micro emag trigger frame on the ULE body and emag rail, you will need to use a longer on-off pin. The micro emag uses a .675" pin. Using the emag rail requires the use of a .712" on-off pin. You will also need a new emag sear assembly. The micro-emag sear assemblies have the brass insert cut off on both sides of the sear to fit the thinner sear pin slot in the micro-emag body.