PDA

View Full Version : Feedneck Question

Pigpen
06-27-2006, 07:57 AM
I'm a new automag owner and simple LOVE it. However, my Revy has a habit of falling out of the feedneck. As a result, I guess I need to upgrade the feedneck to a clamping style.

What is the threading on the feedneck on a Tac One, please!

Thanks!

Pigpen
out

Dewok82
06-27-2006, 08:13 AM
Angel threads

Andrew - NYC
06-27-2006, 02:21 PM
I just got an RPG Sub-Zero feedneck. It works great for my Halo, and looks really cool. I can also recommend a CCM Heliclamp... any size (No-pro being the shortest)
As listed above make sure that you use Angel threads.
-------
Other note: AGD uses a little green loctite to hold their feedneck in place. You will need to heat the feedneck up to loosen the loctite.
1. degas marker, and remove the body
2. heat the neck, where it meets the body (I used a hair dryer on high heat?)
3. handling the metal parts with gloves (duh?, it's now HOT) :mad: wrap a piece of cloth around the AGD feedneck (to protect the finish), and gently un-screw the neck with a pair of visegrips

If the neck won't budge, keep heating. When the loctite is hot enough, the neck will un-screw easily.

I didn't use any loctite for my new feedneck, and it stays in position just fine.

themoose
07-02-2006, 12:23 PM
I just got an RPG Sub-Zero feedneck. It works great for my Halo, and looks really cool. I can also recommend a CCM Heliclamp... any size (No-pro being the shortest)
As listed above make sure that you use Angel threads.
-------
Other note: AGD uses a little green loctite to hold their feedneck in place. You will need to heat the feedneck up to loosen the loctite.
1. degas marker, and remove the body
2. heat the neck, where it meets the body (I used a hair dryer on high heat?)
3. handling the metal parts with gloves (duh?, it's now HOT) :mad: wrap a piece of cloth around the AGD feedneck (to protect the finish), and gently un-screw the neck with a pair of visegrips

If the neck won't budge, keep heating. When the loctite is hot enough, the neck will un-screw easily.

I didn't use any loctite for my new feedneck, and it stays in position just fine.

wow man! i was gonna ask how to remove this thing! thanks for the heads up :headbang:

going_home
07-02-2006, 01:20 PM
wow man! i was gonna ask how to remove this thing! thanks for the heads up :headbang:

Just go to Sears to the tool section and get a strap wrench.
Looks like a rubber bungie with a handle.
Or just get it from them online :

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?cat=Hand+Tools%2C+General+Purpose&pid=00945570000&vertical=TOOL&subcat=Adjustable+Wrenches&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

Forget all that heating up stuff.
You can use the strap wrench to get the regulators off of tanks that
need to be re-hydro'd also.

Dharma punk
07-02-2006, 08:59 PM
Just go to Sears to the tool section and get a strap wrench.
Looks like a rubber bungie with a handle.
Or just get it from them online :

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?cat=Hand+Tools%2C+General+Purpose&pid=00945570000&vertical=TOOL&subcat=Adjustable+Wrenches&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

Forget all that heating up stuff.
You can use the strap wrench to get the regulators off of tanks that
need to be re-hydro'd also.

Yeah, a strap wrench is the way to go. Just make sure you det a good one. We broke one from harbor freight today trying to remove a feedneck.

Andrew - NYC
07-05-2006, 01:08 PM
Yeah, a strap wrench is the way to go. Just make sure you det a good one. We broke one from harbor freight today trying to remove a feedneck.

Or, ...you could just heat up the Feedneck to loosen the Loctite, and use tools you already own? ;)
I'm sure in 99% of most cases the Loctite will break before the threads on the feedneck. I'm just never that lucky! :tard:

Seriously, no disrespect on the strap wrench. What ever works. :hail: