PDA

View Full Version : Oblivion

Skittle
06-27-2006, 09:02 AM
I just got my 360 last weekend and I started playing Oblivion. I used to play morrowind and I was totally into it, now I believed I've been sucked in by Oblivion, its probably the greatest game of its kind... does anyone else play it?

we need a support group lol...

Maksimus54
06-27-2006, 10:35 AM
that is sooo three months ago. Anybody that could have helped you is too far gone in the game by now, you're all on your own.

Skittle
06-27-2006, 12:40 PM
your mom was three months ago, but oblivion is a little harder to get good at.

;)

personman
06-27-2006, 04:00 PM
Yeah I just 'bought' it last week. I havent gotten much of a chance to play, but im in the thieves guild and I'm pretty much stealing everything from everyone.

In one shop, The shopkeeper followed me upstairs. So I waited for him to get all the way up, then I sprinted down, grabbed some expensive jewels, and ran out. I got off the hook too :)

But yeah according to xfire I've played it 10 hours so far.

lopxtc
06-27-2006, 07:20 PM
If you wanna go the thief route here is what I do ...

Simply walk behind someone, go into sneak mode, save game, pick pocket them ... if you fail, reload, if not congrats :)

I have the keys to pretty much every castle, door, etc thanks to this :)

Aaron

Warewolf50
07-04-2006, 04:51 PM
If you wanna go the thief route here is what I do ...

Simply walk behind someone, go into sneak mode, save game, pick pocket them ... if you fail, reload, if not congrats :)

I have the keys to pretty much every castle, door, etc thanks to this :)

Aaron

Well i mean that kinda takes the fun out of the game becasue it is essentially cheating and there really is no challenge if u play like that.

Ryan

RapidTransit
07-04-2006, 06:04 PM
Dark Brotherhood: Slayer
Thieves Guild: Footpad
Fighters Guild: Warder
Mages Guild: Arch Mage
Arena: Grand Champion

I never thought in my life I would play an RPG, they really did a good job of drawing in the Multiplayer FPS crowd like me.

lopxtc
07-04-2006, 10:32 PM
Not really ... if you are thief type character than you are doing what you are supposed to be doing :) ...

Cheating is hitting the ~ key and then typing plaer.additem <item_code> #

to get gear you dont have. Or typing ~ and then clicking on a creature and typing kill ...

But a thief is supposed to steal keys and such :)

Aaron

Well i mean that kinda takes the fun out of the game becasue it is essentially cheating and there really is no challenge if u play like that.

Ryan

Skittle
07-05-2006, 07:53 AM
I dont know why but the game all of a sudden got REALLY hard. I was trying to do the akaviri relics quest and the save kavatch quest but all I do is keep dying,. It seems kind of rediculous to have to fight 3 daleroths or having a will-o-wisp kill you in 5 seconds...

digitard
07-08-2006, 06:47 AM
Being the Listener for the Brotherhood is awsome. You get the Dark robes, well you get those really at speaker, which are hardcore sneak enabled which REALLY helps w/ the Thieves guild.

I have my bow skills pretty high combined w/ the robes I can get just about anywhere and snipe a fool off (Journeymen, I believe, of bow you can start zooming which is nice)

lopxtc
07-09-2006, 10:32 AM
Yeah I picked up head of the thieves guild which is pretty sweet. The quest alone is one of the better ones in the game. And have the grey fox's cowl is sweet ...

200 pts of feather
detect life out to a huge distance :)

A glass bow with glass or ebony arrows with health damage poison :) heheheh I can drop most everything with one shot and only need two or three for the harder characters.

Aaron

splat15k
07-09-2006, 10:54 AM
Reading these posts make me sad.... I pre-ordered the collector's edition of Oblivion, so I've had it for a long while now, but I haven't been able to play it with my PC!!!! Laptops are horrible for gaming as you cannot upgrade the graphics card. :cry:

lopxtc
07-09-2006, 02:30 PM
Hey what mods are you all running ... PC users I mean. Ive got saddle bads and call horse going.

Anyone here try the new multiplayer mod?

Aaron

Skittle
07-10-2006, 08:10 AM
anyone know how to cure vampirism without going to the chapel, apparently sense im the listener for the dark brotherhood im too evil to recieve a blessing from the chapel.

btw, shadomere ftw