PDA

View Full Version : Should I be pissed?

Skittle
06-28-2006, 10:02 AM
Alright, so I talked to this guy on PBR about a laptop. I sent him an echeck via paypal and he was supposed to give me a shipping # the same day as I had WAY more feedback than him.

He was using his moms paypal account and I have his home/cell phone number and address. The only thing is, is he never gave me a # yesterday online by pm or email, I even called him and left a voicemail at like 7pm. I sent him a pm at pbr this morning when I noticed he was online and he signed off.

I know stuff can happen and what not, and even though its early in the going shouldnt I be pissed considering the agreement was for the confirmation # yesterday. I dont want to seem like a jerk, but when I'm deal with someones money I do what I say im going to do. I have already emailed paypal and asked them to stop the draft or atleast stop the payment.

Seems like a scammer to me. What do you think?

SnatchForFree
06-28-2006, 10:10 AM
If you had way more feedback why did you ship first? But by the sounds of it it looks like you got scammed.

Skittle
06-28-2006, 11:35 AM
If you had way more feedback why did you ship first?

Because I was the buyer and I was using paypal. Either way I can get my money back, you know? It just pisses me off, he is selling a lot of stuff, so Im going to start busting his threads up.

Pacifist_Farmer
06-28-2006, 11:44 AM
No offense, but you've given him 1 day and now your going to go "bust up" his threads. Seems at least a little unreasonable to me. Give him three days, then wreck his reputation.

Oh and I'm fairly sure that there is no gaurantee you can get your money back.

Skittle
06-28-2006, 11:46 AM
No offense, but you've given him 1 day and now your going to go "bust up" his threads. Seems at least a little unreasonable to me. Give him three days, then wreck his reputation.

Oh and I'm fairly sure that there is no gaurantee you can get your money back.

Well the reason I gave a day is because thats when I was supposed to recieve a confirmation #.

Im pretty sure I can get my money back through paypal.

SnatchForFree
06-28-2006, 11:59 AM
Aww. Just reread it. I thought you had the laptop.

PyRo
06-28-2006, 12:14 PM
You can get your money back. Paypal protects buyers. It's much easier to run a scam as a buyer then as a seller.

I've had people that wait three months untill they think I've thrown out the tracking information then file a non-receipt complaint. I guess most people don't keep a nifty excel file with the tracking number for every package that's gone out in the past three years.
I've got scammed when someone send me money through paypal, picked the item up, then filed for non-reciept.
Even if I had a tracking number they could say they got a package of rocks with no product in it and paypal would probably give them a refund.
I'm still trying to get a refund for a rear I bought and paid for through paypal. I was too nice and let the guy string me along until it was too late to file. Now I just call him whenever I get bored and ask when I'm getting my refund.

Skittle
06-28-2006, 12:17 PM
well, he didnt ship yesterday like we discussed. I guess its just me, when I say I'll do something in a trade I do it no matter what and if I can I let my buyer know asap. I guess that everyone dosent handle thing like I do, so he imed me. We seem to be working everything out, he says he shipped first thing today, so hopefully it'll work itself out.

master_alexander
06-28-2006, 08:15 PM
things will work out.

atleast it isint like this... :(

2 years ago i was not as much into paintball as i am now, and i set up a trade, i had more feedback and he shipped first. well, my grandmother passed away and i didnt ship the package out until 5 days after i said i would, with only about 2 pm's inbetween. i had to go out of state etc... well, he was still mad and everything. i wanted to just keep both guns but immm a nice person :)

Recon by Fire
06-28-2006, 10:49 PM
One day is too short, take a breath and relax. If you are going to be that damn paranoid do NOT buy over trade forums at all.

Start worrying when you hit a week.

Skittle
06-29-2006, 07:59 AM
One day is too short, take a breath and relax. If you are going to be that damn paranoid do NOT buy over trade forums at all.

Im not usually so paranoid, It's just the way everything worked out, you know? Normally I ship same time or something. Havent had any problems.