Chaos_Theory!
06-30-2006, 05:08 PM
http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/9431296/detail.html?subid=22105263&qs=1;bp=t

neppo1345
06-30-2006, 05:13 PM
Welcome to 1 week Ban town. Cussing is not a viable alternative on AO. Army

RapidTransit
06-30-2006, 05:13 PM
Kinda makes no sense was it intentional or accident?

68magOwner
06-30-2006, 05:14 PM
......people are dumb

Paintball markers, are meant to shoot PAINTBALLS, (only exception being reballs or things of the like)

Why would someone loade a screwdrive into a paintball marker, even then, if that did that, what would make them decide it would be a good idea to fire the screwdriver at another human being.

......idiots are so frustrating

Chaos_Theory!
06-30-2006, 05:30 PM
Watch the vid on the page. One guy loaded the gun and the other shot the kid with it.

fire1811
06-30-2006, 05:53 PM
Man I cant believe putting a screwdriver in a paintball gun went bad. What a bunch of assclowns.

At least the paintball guy on there was talking about safety.

Chronobreak
06-30-2006, 06:00 PM
......people are dumb

Paintball markers, are meant to shoot PAINTBALLS, (only exception being reballs or things of the like)

Why would someone loade a screwdrive into a paintball marker, even then, if that did that, what would make them decide it would be a good idea to fire the screwdriver at another human being.

......idiots are so frustrating

dont forget the obvious and reccomended/required EYE PROTECTION ,

punkncat
06-30-2006, 06:15 PM
What really gets me about this is that the boys who shot the child were 23 and 21 years old. Most people that stupid have been claimed by the Darwin effect long before that age.

I really hope they lock them both safely away from society for a long period of time.

HuD1Ni
06-30-2006, 06:16 PM
man that gun is ugly.....

some people though man.. just don't get how to do life at all

Beemer
06-30-2006, 07:23 PM
Condolences to the family. A sad ending for his sisters 15th birthday party

This one says it was a screw.

http://www.kvia.com/Global/story.asp?S=5084326

Go to 7min 30sec of this vid for another follow up. PBN gets a mention.

http://www.kvia.com/global/video/popup/pop_playerLaunch.asp?clipid1=852165&at1=News&vt1=v &h1=ABC%2D7+%40+10%3A+6%2F28&d1=897167&redirUrl=ww w.KVIA.com&activePane=info&LaunchPageAdTag=homepag e

jenarelJAM
07-01-2006, 03:01 AM
wow... just wow...

Imagine being that little kid, having fun at the party, and suddenly feeling a blinding pain in your eye and blacking out. Or not blacking out, but being stuck in a rictus of agony. The idiots who did this should... i don't know. It wasn't intentional... and I'm sure they feel horrible... I hate it when stuff like this happens.

Recon by Fire
07-01-2006, 03:18 AM
You would think that a 23 and 21 year old would have a bit more common sense. PBN is now two players short. Very sorry for the young boy and his family. :cry:

Okay fellow Texans, get ready to start registering your paintball markers... :cuss:

Arstron
07-01-2006, 07:40 AM
I cant help but wonder if one kid loaded it without the other seeing it, the other kid picked up thinking it would be "cool" to act like he was shooting the younger kid and then of course shot him. I just cant imagine anyone actually doing that on purpose. That really is sad to hear.

warbeak2099
07-01-2006, 08:14 AM
The segment in that news program did cover the story very fairly and well however. I like the attention they payed to real paintballers and as they put it, the "paintball community". They definitely presented the story without painting our sport as the bad guy. Instead, they gave us a good image. One of compassion and concern.

About the boy however, I'm not so happy. I do wonder as Arstron does if the second guy knew the gun was loaded. If he did, this is just another example of stupid people being a danger to everyone else. They shouldn't be allowed to reproduce, seriously. The genes of those two morons should be banned from the entire pool area.

master_alexander
07-01-2006, 04:08 PM
Arsty- that is a good point. (is it okay if i call you arsty? :D)

warbreak- i did like how they didnt just say paintball is bad and make it the bad guy. the real problem are the stupid people who misuse it.

paintball gun- shoots paintballs. not screwdrivers.

SpitFire1299
07-01-2006, 06:48 PM
I dont know what to say really... they clearly paid for their immaturity. :(

Lenny
07-02-2006, 02:04 AM
Wow...

Rest in peace, little guy. At least you passed as a happy child, without any knowlege of the sh*thole we call "adult life," but I'm sorry you'll miss it.

I could never really think of a time that this quote could parallel very well, but this would be.

"Ou' sont les nieges d'antan?"
- Villion

It means: "But where are the snows of yesterday?"

fire1811
07-02-2006, 09:05 AM
Hey look some more tools

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/content/paintball_shot_off_head.wmv

themoose
07-02-2006, 12:13 PM
I cant help but wonder if one kid loaded it without the other seeing it, the other kid picked up thinking it would be "cool" to act like he was shooting the younger kid and then of course shot him. I just cant imagine anyone actually doing that on purpose. That really is sad to hear.

no need to make excuses for those morons.typical pbn members."you can't fix stupid" but hopefully jail will show them.this was my son they did this to,they would not make it to trial :mad:

soccer4minimags
07-04-2006, 12:40 AM
I heard about this at work, i missed the news on it though. It sucks because el paso doesnt have much of a paintball scene and this another reason for parents to not let their kids get in the sport. I hate it when a single person gives something a bad name.

dahoeb
07-04-2006, 03:18 AM
W O W is all i can really say....
i guess i haven't seen it all.
thats a downright shame for everyone involved in that incident, including the people that shot the 15 yearold. everybodies life is screwed (no pun intended) up from that one dumb decision.