PDA

View Full Version : what should i do?

mcsherrystown29
07-01-2006, 10:58 AM
i have been out of paintball for some years now and now ready to get back in i need help. my marker is a 68 auto that i bought back about 9 or 10 years ago. i want to upgrade with new valve and n2 tank but i see so many opps. i love my marker and think it is that best gun i have bought it is simple. but being out of the loop for awhile i need to find out how i can compete with the new guys! i see the rt valve and the x valve high and low press. n2 tanks what do i need. the marker has the same valve but i really want to upgrde but without going broke

can someone help me ?? :wow:

SR_matt
07-01-2006, 11:03 AM
well an xvalve will give u LVL X (anti chop) and a little color, also a ULT kit will probably be a decent upgrade

no matter what you need either a High pressure or adjustable out put tank. i prefer crossfire or geruilla air (i probably spelled that wrong, gerullia like a fighter not an animal).

-matt

NewbieMagMan10988
07-01-2006, 11:47 AM
Well....

Mags are not cheap guns to upgrade. However, the ups you get make alot of differnce.

A ULT trigger kit is a place to start. Ive heard bad things about them in classic valves...but idk

A ULE body might be a good choice...vert feed, lighter, cocker threaded barrels...

A Intelli/Y frame would bring it more up to date...

Or an X-valve. LVL10, lighter, RT effect, 26 CPS or something like that...

You will need a HPA tank with a High pressure output, or an adjustable output.

If you do chose to get all these things, you may find it cheaper to just buy a used mag on the B/S/T or on Ebay.

Hope this helps...

Mike

Nutsnyomowf
07-01-2006, 12:22 PM
The Intell-Frame should be your 1st upgrade.You may find that adequate and not need anything else.

c0rpse
07-01-2006, 12:53 PM
I would go lvl10 before intellifram.

Nutsnyomowf
07-01-2006, 01:14 PM
I would go lvl10 before intellifram.

I have shot Mags for over 3 years now (AIR only have not find the need for a Xvalve)not once in a day of play have I had trouble with chopping paint and maybe a ball breaking but very very rare for me.On that note I also see no need for a lvlX.The Intelli is not quite my cup of tea either,but when I had it on one of my mags it did alow for a much higher rate of fire then the other trigger frames I own(still no chopping).To me its all about comfort in your gear so just take a look around AO and go for self.Check out the pics thread for cosmetics and the tech threads for performance.