PDA

View Full Version : Trading -> feedback.. (need opinions!)

master_alexander
07-01-2006, 12:24 PM
I never like to deal much on PBN, but i found the cocker i wanted for my phantom... well, he is saying that my AO feedback doesent count (21+/0-) and that we can only use PBN feedback (me= 9+/0- him= 10+/0-).

Should i take a possible chance? He does have good feedback but i have more good feedback. I can see not using EBAY feedback because its not an online trading forum, the risks are the same on PBN and AO.

What about doing a same time ship? hm..

discuss..

NewbieMagMan10988
07-01-2006, 12:27 PM
Why doesnt he think AO feedback counts...

IDK, its your call, i normaly do the ship at the same time thing.

Keep all your PM's, emails, IM convos and everything if you get screwed.

Shuold go off without a hitch, most do...

Mike

3pac
07-01-2006, 12:32 PM
Ask him to justify why you shouldn't use AO feedback. If he can change your mind about it, then ship first. If you can persuade him that its the same deal because they're both internet forums, have him ship first. Its things like this that get me angry when it comes to trading.

HuD1Ni
07-01-2006, 12:41 PM
Ask him to justify why you shouldn't use AO feedback. If he can change your mind about it, then ship first. If you can persuade him that its the same deal because they're both internet forums, have him ship first. Its things like this that get me angry when it comes to trading.

or if it bothers you, use paintballer187 as a third party

http://www.paintballer187.com/thirdpartytrading.html

Steelrat
07-01-2006, 12:53 PM
It's up to him as to whether or not he counts AO feedback, but personally I wouldn't deal with someone with that attitude.

master_alexander
07-01-2006, 01:09 PM
we came to an agreement, he is going to ship, give me the tracking number, then when im going to ship.

everything is saved and im not a very nice angry person.

:)

Dewok82
07-01-2006, 01:22 PM
Personally, I feel that is ridiculous. In my opinion, AO feedback counts more as AO doesn't have (to my knowledge) the rampant amount of fake feedback exchanges. I've seen far too many feedback threads where many of the poster's signatures indicate they are on the same team or play at the same field as the person they are leaving feedback for. I always search through posts to find if there was an actual exchange to warrant the feedback. Also, there was a little "scandal" involving feedback-for-gmail accounts not too long ago.

We all know PBnation is full of 14 year old "Agg" idiots who have no idea how exchanges should be conducted. The timeframe of having your item shipped often hinges on when their parents can drive them to the Post Office. I have passed over many decent bargains because I had reservations about the sellers ability to properly address a package. The only advice I can give you is if you honestly have reservations about the trustworthiness of the seller, pass on the deal.

master_alexander
07-01-2006, 01:30 PM
Personally, I feel that is ridiculous. In my opinion, AO feedback counts more as AO doesn't have (to my knowledge) the rampant amount of fake feedback exchanges. I've seen far too many feedback threads where many of the poster's signatures indicate they are on the same team or play at the same field as the person they are leaving feedback for. I always search through posts to find if there was an actual exchange to warrant the feedback. Also, there was a little "scandal" involving feedback-for-gmail accounts not too long ago.

We all know PBnation is full of 14 year old "Agg" idiots who have no idea how exchanges should be conducted. The timeframe of having your item shipped often hinges on when their parents can drive them to the Post Office. I have passed over many decent bargains because I had reservations about the sellers ability to properly address a package. The only advice I can give you is if you honestly have reservations about the trustworthiness of the seller, pass on the deal.

well, i drive to the post office but i need a parent in the car (woo! only until next month! yesss) i do see the amount of feedback thats phony, and i have passed on about 5 deals in the past... sometimes i trust too much. on this one we will have to wait and see.. i have his phone number to..

peewee
07-02-2006, 01:42 AM
Man for me Ebay, AO & phog feedback are more legit than PBN.

behemoth
07-02-2006, 01:45 AM
It's up to him as to whether or not he counts AO feedback, but personally I wouldn't deal with someone with that attitude.

aye.

Lohman446
07-02-2006, 05:24 AM

Agreed. I think we discussed awhile back the importance of attitude in online dealing. When someone starts to be jerky about anything I just quit dealing with them, its not worth the hassle.

punkncat
07-02-2006, 06:47 AM
I generally will trust feedback to any forum that I frequent...so that counts out PBN. Dunno too many kiddies pulling too many scams for me to have ever been a big trader there.

I look for "same" usernames. Also look for email addy on the other site and send confirmations to that mail and see what comes back.

GL

Arstron
07-02-2006, 09:18 AM
I dont even have a feedback thread on pbn. I have sold quiet a few things on there, but I really could care less if I have feedback over there or not. If my AO feedback isnt good enough then I dont trade.

Chronobreak
07-02-2006, 09:29 AM
i can give you some pbn feedback or cover for ya if necesary ;)

since we have done a deal or so i believe