PDA

View Full Version : My mag is actually being unreliable(please help)

autopimp187
07-01-2006, 07:37 PM
OK i am having leaking problems. i didnt have these problems untill i got the ule body. let me give you a discription of my gun. i have the retro valve with the level 10, and ult. ule body, and hyper frame. at first it seemed that that the bolt was sticking in the body, so i put lube on it and that cancelled the problem. now i am leaking naturally i assumed it was the on/off so i changed shims from 1, 2, 3, 4 i cant fit 5. 3, and 4 seem to work, but as i shoot a string, it starts leaking again. so do i have a bad ult on/off? i have changed o rings. is there any other problem that could cause leaking? it leaks down the barrel or body(if no barrel is on). also as i string paint the gun jams, i have to use my battle swab and push the bolt back to get it to unjam. what could cause this problem? last if i turn my velocity up higher than 280 the gun leaks out the back hole. what could cause this problem?
thanks for the help.

Chronobreak
07-01-2006, 08:23 PM
might be time for a new carrier o-ring

what spring are you using

kingpen509
07-01-2006, 08:51 PM
You need to re-tune your level 10 (may need to change carriers or carrier o-ring, or possibly shims now because the valve and bolt now dont sit exactly how they did in your old body), Also you want to remember to evenlly tighten both the front and rear screws. (Dont go overboard either, AGD says finger tight plus a quarter turn with a wrench)

Good luck!

surfbum
07-01-2006, 08:53 PM
you might also want to check the service settings on your hyperframe... i know when i first got mine it didnt shoot right and leaked, i fixed the settings and it shot like a dream ever since.

autopimp187
07-02-2006, 10:12 AM
what are the service settings for the hyper frame?
i have three springs, one short on medium, and a long one, i am using the medium one, i was using the short one, and i had to change it to the medium one.
resetting the level 10, all i need to do is add, or take out shims right?

11 Bravo
07-02-2006, 11:02 AM
^^^^ You probably need to change the o ring carrier and possibly the o ring. Sounds to me like you need to use a smaller carrier.

Coralis
07-02-2006, 11:03 AM
you could also have a problem with the ball detent being screwed in to tight cause bolt stick i understand this is a problem with some of the ule bodies and sounds like you might need a new reg piston and lastly this should be in the tech forum