PDA

View Full Version : Chrono low , 68 classic , Automag

imwlw83
07-03-2006, 09:17 PM
Ok guys i need some help. Went shoot this weekend with my 68 classic. When i chrono'ed the marker, the highest it would go is 260 fps. What should I look at or any suggestions. I am using compressed air, 88ci 3000 psi tank. Air system is working fine, in fact all new. The marker shoots fine and its pretty stock. Any help would be great.

flyingpootang
07-04-2006, 12:23 AM
Are you running a secondary reg and is it a high out put tank ~ 850 psi?

Coralis
07-04-2006, 09:48 AM
Do you have an aftermarket part like a ans thumbscrew velocity adjust ,some of those were cut a little deep and you have to put a couple of small washers in the bottom of it to shim it. Also your spring pack could need replacing

Sk8ermog
07-04-2006, 09:16 PM
Wouldn't hurt to clean out the reg also. Just fully unscrew the back and pull out the back threaded part and then get a small pick to pull out the reg guts and spring. You can grease it all back up, but don't oil it. You might have some dirt in the reg that is causing the pressure not to go up enough.

imwlw83
09-04-2006, 05:43 PM
Ok guys its been awhile but i found the problem. I am fairly new to paintball so i hope this was a honest mistake. I noticed that what i though was just the forgrip/handle had a could set screws in it. When i pulled them out it was a regulator of some sort. So i took my macroline from the ASA to the valve and it freaking works great. It was so high it was bypassing air out the valve. So some minor adjustments and a chrono got me back up and running. Thanks for all yall help and suggestions, thats what got me looking in that direction to begin with.

pump
09-04-2006, 07:58 PM
reg seat might be worn too much making it harder to open

athomas
09-05-2006, 09:11 AM
Ok guys its been awhile but i found the problem. I am fairly new to paintball so i hope this was a honest mistake. I noticed that what i though was just the forgrip/handle had a could set screws in it. When i pulled them out it was a regulator of some sort. So i took my macroline from the ASA to the valve and it freaking works great. It was so high it was bypassing air out the valve. So some minor adjustments and a chrono got me back up and running. Thanks for all yall help and suggestions, thats what got me looking in that direction to begin with.

The forgrip regulator must have been set to a level lower than the valve, thus limiting the chamber pressure to that lower value. Mags don't need another regulator since they have one built in. Remove the front regulator from your system.