PDA

View Full Version : SM-1 Bore Sizes

retread
07-04-2006, 07:04 PM
I am considering purchasing the SM-1 3 piece barrel kit for my new RT ULE Custom. I am confused about the bore sizes. It seems that some of the other kits (Freak, Pipe, Empire) have a wider range in one kit where as Sanchez Machine breaks the bore sizes down into "standard", "big" and "small". I would like some input on the most common bore sizes and which of the three selections I should choose.

dsrkd
07-04-2006, 07:41 PM
I'd say .689 is most likely the most 'common' size. Just measure the size of the paint you regularly shoot and get the kit that has that diameter in the set long with a couple that bookend it.
I have a couple of these sets and I like them a lot, very quiet and accuracy is good. With the Feak sets that I have owned I found that I used only one or two and the rest just sat in the case. So having 6-8 different sizes isn't always necessary if you shoot the same paint with regularity.

SlartyBartFast
07-05-2006, 07:53 AM
THink about it. How accurate are paintballs? Do you really think that even if some miracle happened and the temperature andhumidity stayed the same that all the balls in a box were close enough in size that sizing the barrel to the tolerances some kits do is really worth it?

SR_matt
07-05-2006, 10:43 AM
actualy ill say ya, more so if u put a slightly smaller bore than the "perfect" size makes the balls fly a little flater and some what streighter (i also had les breaks)
-matt

MarkM
07-05-2006, 11:58 AM
The bore kits are two not three Big and Small, if you include the sleeve you get with the barrel you get a choice of 4 sizes. I have never needed any larger than I have...that said I purposely had the largest bore size as the one with my barrel, when I say largest I mean in the scale of sizes my barrel supplied one is the 4th in the range.