PDA

View Full Version : OMFG! Serious leakage issue.

Lenny
07-05-2006, 12:11 AM
Ok. My Automag has never acted up before, so this kind of startles me. It was leaking down the barrel, out the on/off, and out the back. I fixed the back leaking, but the other two I can't figure out.

I replaced every o-ring in the on/off assembly, and it's pretty much stopped leaking. I can't figure out what's making it leak out the front. If I hold the trigger down, it has a slow to stop leak (so I think something still isn't right in the on/off). I replaced the power tube o-ring. No luck. I tried 4 different spacers (lvl 10). No luck.

What's going on!? I can't figure it out for the life of me! And why is when I hold the trigger it slowly stops leaking? I thought the on/off was supposed to just cut it? Not bleed it out.

I'm so confused. :tard: My head hurts. :(

P.S. - Classic valve with Lvl. 10.

nate2k191
07-11-2006, 10:11 AM
Sounds like you tried a lot of things. I think it may be the spring you are using, or the Carrier itself, and possibly the carrier o-ring. Also make sure you have every needed part in the power tube:

http://students.its.txstate.edu/~kp1143/lx.jpg

Use the shortest spring for tuning it, and if you can, stick with the shortest spring. (longer springs cause more leaking/bolt stick trouble)

A good way to test the carrier fit is to slide it over the nub that comes out the back of the LX bolt. It should fit snugly, but slide without a lot of resistance.

just trouble shooting, let me know if anything here solves it or helps.

egb groupie
07-11-2006, 10:21 AM
Did you oil everything? Slap some oil on the on/off, powertube o-ring and see what that does...

Also take your lvl 10 apart (carefully) and lube up all the o-rings on your carrier, etc. Just remember not to take out the oring inside your carrier, unless you can put it in the exact way it came out.

athomas
07-11-2006, 12:23 PM
Remove the shims. That moves the vent hole farther away from the oring and may help provide a better seal. A level 10 will sometimes have a small leak if you hold the trigger in after a shot is fired. Basically, there isn't enough pressure to force a tight seal against the oring and bolt stem. It bleeds down and eventually stops. It sounds like you may not have a problem since you got the on-off leak fixed. The only other solution is to use a tighter carrier size. Use a tighter carrier only if doesn't cause bolt stick.

Dirge
07-14-2006, 10:39 PM
What kind of oil are you using? That can have an effect.