PDA

View Full Version : lvl10: Sear moves, bolt will not

JAKEtheJAB
07-05-2006, 11:12 PM
I just installed a lvl 10 kit on my e-mag. The initial setting I used for the level 10 caused gas to leak out of the valve. In response, I changed the carrier to a smaller size to account for the leak. It worked, but now I have a different problem, when I try to shoot my gun I get a response from the sear but not the bolt. I turned up the velocity and had no change. Any suggestions?

JAKEtheJAB
07-06-2006, 05:15 PM
up

surfbum
07-06-2006, 06:44 PM
what spring do you have installed on the lvl 10
if its not the shortest one
put the shortest one on

Madmarx
07-06-2006, 06:53 PM
I just installed a lvl 10 kit on my e-mag. The initial setting I used for the level 10 caused gas to leak out of the valve. In response, I changed the carrier to a smaller size to account for the leak. It worked, but now I have a different problem, when I try to shoot my gun I get a response from the sear but not the bolt. I turned up the velocity and had no change. Any suggestions?

Mine did the same thing. I put in the 1 ring carrier and the stock spring and it works great.

JAKEtheJAB
07-06-2006, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the replies.
I am using the red spring. If I put the smallest size spring in, won't I lose effectiveness?

Madmarx
07-07-2006, 05:39 AM
I got mine used and it had a cut down red spring. The kit is supposed to come with 1 short spring. I bought a mag rebuild kit with a new spring and that gave me the best most consistent performance.

StygShore
07-07-2006, 08:47 AM
The larger the spring the softer the performance of the bolt the worse efficiency you get from the gun.

I think most people run the mid spring ( red ) to get a good balance. A lot of E gun owners with some form of ACE have switched back to the shortest spring to get the better efficiency siince the Lvl 10 is just incase the ACE fails.

Styg

JAKEtheJAB
07-07-2006, 09:18 PM
I changed the spring to the smallest one and I still do not get any response when I try to fire. My bolt seems to be stuck in the forward position.

Here are the things I have done:
- oiled everything thoroughly
- tried all 3 spring lengths
- changed the size of the carrier 3 times
- removed the shims
- moved the velocity up and down

all with out any success

Problems:
- bolt does not fire, yet sear does
- on/off pin slides down and blocks the removal of the valve

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

flyingpootang
07-08-2006, 12:06 AM
Use the losest carrier that will not leak while still using the same carrier o-ring. If it's new it may leak again after it breaks in then you need to go to the next tighest one. As for the spring use the shortest gold one that came with your kit. You also need to turn up your velocity adjustment screw. The L10 works like a seasaw. It a balance between velocity pressure and fore need to overcome the spring force. The longer springs will be eaiser on more brittle paint, but require more velocity pressure to overcome the greater spring force which will also cause your chrono speed to be higher with the longer springs. To see if your bolt is stuck forward air up your marker and push on the bolt with a squigee. If you hear a click and your trigger resets your bolt was stuck forward. After you get your marker to shoot tune your L10 bolt shims. With a working marker start with no shims and place a squigee approx 1/4" away from the bolt and fire it. The bolt should stay forward and your trigger will not reset. Add 1 shim at a time and place the squigee infront of the bolt again and fire it. Keep adding shims until the bolt reset own its own. Your L10 will now be tuned. Once again on a new L10 set up it is normal for the bolt to start leaking once the carrier o-ring breaks in. Once everything is tuned and broken in your L10 mag will have the reliablity AGD markers are known for..... :cheers: :cheers:

Coralis
07-08-2006, 12:11 AM
My bolt seems to be stuck in the forward position.

Do you have a ule body if so try loosing the ball detent that could be hanging it up. Also you might need to go up one carrier size in your level 10 as you want to use the largest carrier that doesnt leak

JAKEtheJAB
07-08-2006, 02:14 PM
If I insert any carrier over two rings it leaks profusely. I still can not get the gun to fire using the two ring carriers, this is frustrating.

surfbum
07-08-2006, 02:19 PM
if the 2 ring carrier doesnt leak... use that one
now if when you fire the gun and the bolt doesnt reset... put in shims until it does

hope you can get this figured out

last resort, if you cant get it figured out, is send it to tunaman... he can set it up for you

flyingpootang
07-08-2006, 06:17 PM
Are you using a high output tank (850psi-1000psi), does it fire in Mech? If not if you use a squigee to push on the bolt will it rest it?

JAKEtheJAB
07-08-2006, 09:19 PM
I’m using a nitro duct 3000 PSI – 68 Cubic Inch tank. My gun does not fire in mechanical mode; all I get is a little click from the sear. When I push the bolt back with a squigee, air starts leaking out into the chamber.

athomas
07-10-2006, 05:37 AM
Try a new carrier oring. You may have a bad one.

Severe
07-10-2006, 07:20 AM
Is this a new (to you) rig? I mean, has this ever worked? If it worked previously, what did you change between when it last worked and when it stopped?

You say you've turned the velocity up; how much? Did you turn it until it started venting out the back? If not, go back and try again.

If possible, try using another air source just to be sure it's not an issue with your current tank/ASA. I've seen where some ASA's fail to fully depress the pin on the tank allowing enough air in to the valve to charge it, but not enough to fire it.

flyingpootang
07-10-2006, 09:41 AM
Jake, I know this can be frustrating and we'll try to help. (1) So I take it dose not fire in mechanical mode. (2) When you say you get a responce from the sear dose you trigger pin push the trigger forward? (3) have you changed anything else since you installed your L10? Sorry for the late reply I've been trying to get some things sold.