PDA

View Full Version : Where to find..

CKY_Alliance
07-06-2006, 01:02 AM
Me and one of my teamates use track cleats to play in since that are so light and only have cleats on the front..well there are some plastic built in spikes that are wearing down prettty badly and there are screw in metal spikes that provide most of your traction(which like most of you know are illegal)..what im wondering is if anyone knows of any screw in plastic spikes i cant seem to find them so im hoping someone here might..the shoes are made by aesic(sp?) so lemme ..thanks

warbeak2099
07-06-2006, 01:07 AM
That would be so wierd playing in track spikes. I'll have to try my old Adidas that I used for pole vaulting and sprinting. Your teammate may be onto something here.

That being said, you should be able to find replacement spikes at any sporting goods store. They're usually $5-10.

3pac
07-06-2006, 01:31 AM
Plastic screw ins? :tard: Sounds like a bad idea from the Track and Field standpoint. Although metal spikes are illegal on the paintball rulebooks, they're not in the Track and Field book. I don't believe that anyone makes plastic spikes as they would crack under the takeoff forces that are produced during toeoff.

Although I have run across ceramic omni-lite spikes but I've never tried them. http://www.omni-lite.com/sports.php <- There's the link to the omni-lite website which has a description of the product. I've never tried playing in spikes before, probably because all mine cost above 80 dollars (damn High end sprinting) but it just doesn't seem practical to me for stopping as football/soccer/baseball cleats provide a clean plate all the way back for full directional traction control. I guess it's whatever floats the boat :headbang: .

CKY_Alliance
07-06-2006, 10:26 AM
That would be so wierd playing in track spikes. I'll have to try my old Adidas that I used for pole vaulting and sprinting. Your teammate may be onto something here.

That being said, you should be able to find replacement spikes at any sporting goods store. They're usually $5-10.

Actually me and my teamate both use them..we where looking for cleats and came across some asics that where marked down to 20 dollars and they where comfy and very light so i said what the hell ill give em a try..another thing i like about them is they dont have spikes in the back or on the heel..so if i throw my feet out to slide(not sure if i do this or not) i dont have to worry about geting snagged and busting my booty...

Thanks 3 pac..i actually came across those last night and once i find out what size screw whole are in mine im going to order some..as long as they arent metal and give me a little traction im fine bc that way i dont have to worry about getting kicked out for having metal spikes..