PDA

View Full Version : Longer Lvl10 spring =Higher FPS?

Carbon Blue
07-06-2006, 04:01 PM
Just like the title reads does switching to a larger lvl10 spring mean that you can attain higher velocities?

Pneumagger
07-06-2006, 04:15 PM
You can hit higher velocities with any spring. But the long spring allows for highest fps without chopping.

Carbon Blue
07-06-2006, 04:22 PM
hmm thats what I thought but the only question I have is that, if a larger spring has more resistance how is this allowing for higher velocities?

Pneumagger
07-06-2006, 04:35 PM
You can turn the pressure up with all the springs to fire faster. The shorter springs will just chop the **** out of paint. The longer spring resists the pressure more...allowing you to be gentle on paint around 300fps. And if you try to shoot to slow with the long spring, it won't be moved by the lower pressure.

Tunaman
07-06-2006, 05:00 PM
You can turn the pressure up with all the springs to fire faster. The shorter springs will just chop the **** out of paint. The longer spring resists the pressure more...allowing you to be gentle on paint around 300fps. And if you try to shoot to slow with the long spring, it won't be moved by the lower pressure.I will have to beg to differ on that statement. We have used the small spring for years...ripping thousands and thousands of balls and it doesn't chop. Red spring is easier yet on paint, and the long spring is way too unreliable for the average joe to set up correctly. None of the springs will chop any paint...that has been my experience so far. ;)

magbackforgood
07-07-2006, 08:50 AM
I will have to beg to differ on that statement. We have used the small spring for years...ripping thousands and thousands of balls and it doesn't chop. Red spring is easier yet on paint, and the long spring is way too unreliable for the average joe to set up correctly. None of the springs will chop any paint...that has been my experience so far. ;)

Tuna, you say that the long spring is difficult for the average joe to set up. what is the advantage of the longer spring? and do many people use them?

UTDragun
07-07-2006, 10:36 AM
its also easier to get more "bounce" out ofa shorter spring

BigEvil
07-07-2006, 11:07 AM
Longer spring = more bolt resistance going fwd = softer on paint = turning vel. reg clockwise (higher) to get usable velocity.

That also means you need more psi going into the gun, and it will not go as deep into that tank as with the softerspring.

Tunaman
07-07-2006, 05:49 PM
Tuna, you say that the long spring is difficult for the average joe to set up. what is the advantage of the longer spring? and do many people use them?Yes. Setting up the L10 with the long spring requires patience messing with the shims. Carrier must be alot tighter...and without exact shimming you will get bolt stick. The best setup for antichop...but the worst for reliability. ;)