PDA

View Full Version : Agd Robbed!!!!

Rudz
07-06-2006, 06:49 PM
no not really, but with all the recent robberies of FBM, murder inc, and plantey eclipse getting robbed like 5 times, i cant help but wonder what kind of security systems are in place in some of these shops, having merchandise worth thousands of dollars, id have jewerly shop alarm systems with motion sensors and cameras, idk wtf planet eclipse is doing, but someone should remind them to lock the doors everynight, we all know AGD "closes its doors" and locls em, every night, lol. but are we, well is AGD, a immune from this kind of behaviour, is the mag community, that much more mature and responsible that we would never attempt such a hideous crime, has planet eclipses success, also been a double edged sword? the high demand for theyre markers, has caused multiple break ins and its kind of rediculous, but on the other hand, it shows paintballs popluarity, maybe this is where our sport is heading? where retailers have to hide theyre mechandise for its so sought after? ideas? comments?

FallNAngel
07-06-2006, 07:00 PM
but are we, well is AGD, a immune from this kind of behaviour, is the mag community, that much more mature and responsible that we would never attempt such a hideous crime

Yes, that's exactly it. I'm sure that it has nothing to do with the fact that if someone robbed AGD they'd have trouble selling the markers. It's kinda like counterfeiting... you get the same jail time for making dollar bills as you do twenties... might as well make the twenties...

CKY_Alliance
07-06-2006, 07:02 PM
Is this where the sport is headed?

Its a handful of break ins..no different then any other place with high dollar merchandise..i wonder how many jewlery stores are robbed every day? The Burglaries have nothing to do with the direction of the sport..because no one said it was players who commited the break ins.. the people that may be buying the stolen goods are more likely to be players but whos to say they know its stolen..that statement just seems ridiculous to me.

Maggot6
07-06-2006, 07:22 PM
If someone robs AGD, I say we literally make an AO army and take em down. Even us Canadians.

:ninja:

Then again, why rob agd when we could rob you? You pretty well carry all AGD high end stock :eek:

Rudz
07-06-2006, 07:36 PM
rob me? lol, you have a better chance or breakin out of a maximum security prison, but go ahead, you can meet my doberman, and find out, if the only mags i have are autoMAG, lol, then try and find my mags, im not idiot, i kep them under lock and key, if someone ever make it into my house, theyd have quite a time finding them.

but the industry is so tight knit, these robberies are a real wake up call, we are no jewelery industry, we are paintball, we grow bigger everyday, and we cant have this kind of behavior, and the worst fact it, these stolen markers are being sold, to someone somehwere, probably a strore, a dealer.

BigEvil
07-06-2006, 07:41 PM
LMFAO - If AGD was robbed they theives would have to come to AO to sell the merchandise. :rofl:

CKY_Alliance
07-06-2006, 07:43 PM
rob me? lol, you have a better chance or breakin out of a maximum security prison, but go ahead, you can meet my doberman, and find out, if the only mags i have are autoMAG, lol, then try and find my mags, im not idiot, i kep them under lock and key, if someone ever make it into my house, theyd have quite a time finding them.

but the industry is so tight knit, these robberies are a real wake up call, we are no jewelery industry, we are paintball, we grow bigger everyday, and we cant have this kind of behavior, and the worst fact it, these stolen markers are being sold, to someone somehwere, probably a strore, a dealer.

Once again you say WE cant have this behavior..as if its players commiting the burglaries...the only thing the behavior has to do with the sport is that its paintball merchandise that is being stolen.

Rudz
07-06-2006, 07:44 PM
the thieves would have no chance in hell, we would hang them, literally

RapidTransit
07-06-2006, 09:09 PM
LMFAO - If AGD was robbed they theives would have to come to AO to sell the merchandise. :rofl:
I heard Saddam had people break into AGD and steal Aluminum tubes. :rofl:

Rudz
07-06-2006, 10:26 PM
I heard Saddam had people break into AGD and steal Aluminum tubes. :rofl:

OMFG its on!!!!!..grab your guns and get some!!!! :shooting: :shooting: :mad:

Recon by Fire
07-06-2006, 10:56 PM
Nobody will break into AGD because Mags are slow, they chop, and just are not AGG. :rolleyes:

Who says the AGD of no advertising is bad ;)

st6212
07-06-2006, 11:38 PM
R2D2 is what they need....maybe a Cylon or two. :rofl:

mag_lover05
07-06-2006, 11:52 PM
Nobody will break into AGD because Mags are slow, they chop, and just are not AGG. :rolleyes:

Who says the AGD of no advertising is bad ;)

genious :headbang:

nate2k191
07-06-2006, 11:59 PM
the thieves would have no chance in hell, we would hang them, literally

i vow to be a part of the hunt.

Rudz
07-07-2006, 12:00 AM
ole tom kaye knows exactly what hes doin!!

Cow hunter
07-07-2006, 09:06 AM
i wouldnt worry about AGD bieng robbed, as mentioned above, who'd want an old slow chopping machine :rolleyes: plus the fact that AGD is known to many people as bieng "out of business"

dahoeb
07-07-2006, 09:36 AM
the elves would protect agd if theives were ever brave enough to try to break in. yes, the elves, and they'll have high powered sniper rifles too.... :shooting:

SCpoloRicker
07-07-2006, 10:40 AM
Ha HA!

/diaf, fattie

tyrion2323
07-07-2006, 03:56 PM
The robbery of a few stores does not indicate a significant or substantial 'shift' in the direction of the sport of paintball. Unfortunately, people steal from each other. It's a crappy fact. If someone robs an antique store, does that indicate a huge change in the direction of antique collecting? No, it's about gaining without work.

I highly doubt anyone is really going to trek all the way to Illinois (or wherever AGD is) to steal a bunch of stuff that they can only sell to people who already have the merchandise. It's not exactly like mags carry the appeal of Egos or DM6s. I mean, AGD may list their prices, but that's certainly not what the guns sell for 'on the street'.

jsdatjsd
07-07-2006, 06:39 PM
Once again you say WE cant have this behavior..as if its players commiting the burglaries...the only thing the behavior has to do with the sport is that its paintball merchandise that is being stolen.

I agree with you, with a small exception. The burglaries have no real reflection on the sport, but the thieves were probably (not certainly by any means) players.

The main reason I say this is that most retail/manufacturing theft is done by employees, and most non-players wouldn't know how to sell markers without getting caught, unless all they stole were low-end.

You don't hear about tippman or kingman getting busted into and losing half their stock, probably because the resale isn't worth it. WHo would know that?

Probably players.

But that is OK, cause even paintball players are still a sample of the population. some bad eggs, but most are good people.

But I'll bet ya, the ppl that stole the markers, I bet they are all wipers.

And if i was the insurance company of planet eclipse, I would be dumping them like a stinky turd. EIther they are too dumb to insure, or they aren't making enough money and are stacking the odds in their favor by collecting insurance fraudulently.

just my .02.

jd

Rudz
07-07-2006, 08:28 PM
of course players had to be in on it, and someone has to be buying the stock, i mean robbed 5 times? planet eclipse is getting taken for a heck of a ride, and even worse, our brothers in paintball are feeding these pricks more of a reason to do it agian and again.

-Tab
07-09-2006, 03:08 PM
. but are we, well is AGD, a immune from this kind of behaviour, is the mag community, that much more mature and responsible that we would never attempt such a hideous crime

No, 'mags just aren't worth stealing.

/Yes I did.

AJInABox09
07-09-2006, 03:45 PM
It's depressing really that AGD hasn't been stolen from yet. I love mags to death but most people just don't understand....I'd steal from AGD anyday :p

Muzikman
07-10-2006, 02:50 PM
[QUOTE=rudz]but are we, well is AGD, a immune from this kind of behaviour, is the mag community, that much more mature and responsible that we would never attempt such a hideous crime...QUOTE]

Well, if you have seen one of the original nickel / chromed Sydarms you saw a stolen gun. An undisclosed number of Sydarms were stolen by a former AGD employee and sold. So I wouldn't say they are immune.

There is more and better stuff to steal from AGD than paintball stuff.

But they do have an alarm system and it works and it's loud. I set it off by mistake late one night during the Mega-Tour in 2001. Open the door, alarm goes off, pee my pants. That was the order in which it happened. ;)

MicroMiniMe
07-10-2006, 03:53 PM
But they do have an alarm system and it works and it's loud. I set it off by mistake late one night during the Mega-Tour in 2001. Open the door, alarm goes off, pee my pants. That was the order in which it happened. ;)

It's always those nail guns in the security system thats the big deterrent. It's like getting out of the cave in Indiana Jones with the golden idol. Wall mounted nail guns. Brilliant!
;)