PDA

View Full Version : Bolt Firing issue's

slasherdan
07-06-2006, 09:37 PM
Hey guys,

I just recently got a E-tac a few months ago and just really started to get around to playing with it.

I tested it in the back yard several weeks ago and everything seemed fine. Then the gun stopped shooting and I would get a leak out the bolt when I fired. I took the hopper off when this started happening and saw that there was a ball down there and it didn't appear to be jammed .... after pulling the trigger a few more times it finally shot.

I tried to get it to happen again but couldn't ... so I thought it was a "breaking" in issue.

While I was at Oklahoma D-Day though it reared it's ugly head in a bad way. After getting the gun chronoed at 275 fps I took it over to the shooting range and turned it on FA ... As I was ripping through the paint it stopped shooting again.

I took the hopper off and got the paint out of the marker and tried dry firing it. At first it hissed and then it started up again. Then it would have a small pop and then I could hear the trigger still going even though there was no air.

I was sharing a RV with Splathappy and he said that it is a common issue with the bolt. He said I should stick my finger in the breech and push the bolt back ... I did and it was fixed till it started up again shortly.

I'm sure someone out there has run into this issue before .... what's the solution??

If it's something I'm not comfortable doing I can always take it to the AGD HQ seeing how I live two blocks away but I would at least like to give it a try ....

Andrew - NYC
07-07-2006, 01:51 PM
I've been dialing in my ULT, on my RT Pro, and have had the same issue. I changed out the carrier in my lvl 10, and that got things moving right... till I ran low on air.

My factory installed carrier was a "one dot", and I worked my way up to a "two line - one dot" before the gun started leaking air down the barrel. I went back to a "two line" carrier, and the gun ripped. No leaks.

I put my tank back on today with 1500 psi left, and started getting the one-or-two-shots, then nothing problem again.

Note: This is all dry firing. I have yet to field test the gun.

I need more gas before I can tweak further, but if you have good pressure coming from your tank, and your gun is oiled well... maybe it's the tuing of the lvl 10?

Try changing to the nxt biggest carrier? Dot equals a half step up, and a line equals a full step up.

flyingpootang
07-10-2006, 09:55 AM
Very easy fix. Your L10 bolt needs to be tuned by the shims. Add 1 shim and air the marker up. Place a squigee about 1/4" away from the front of the bolt and fire the marker. The bolt should hit the squigee and then reset by itself. If it dsoen't add 1 more shim and retest it. I have found that tuning the bolt in M mode with the battery pin in is better. After 700-1200 rounds your bolt may start leaking from the barrel. That is the carrier o-ring breaking in. Just go the the next tighest carrier using the SAME o-ring.

After all of that you mag will be very reliable. Don't listen to people who say I haerd all mags do that if they have no current mag experiance. Most people have no clue how advanced mags are over all the other markers out there. :cheers:

Sorry to hear about the monkey poop thing... :cuss: :cuss: