PDA

View Full Version : Devilmag ??

txaggie08
07-07-2006, 02:34 AM
are the eyes realy going to be necessary with a lvl X bolt? Im looking to upgrade, and would like to get one, however theres no way im going to have the money for a complete one, and i would like to find a kartq body eventualy ;). I know that i *could* hook up eyes to the board after i got the bolt on frame on a gun, but are they realy necessary?

st6212
07-07-2006, 04:12 AM
If the balls a being force fed faster than you can shoot and consistently, then eyes wouldn't be necessary.

But it does give give some peac of mind, in case for some reason a ball doesn't feed into the breech properly.

FromTheBack
07-07-2006, 05:32 AM
From what Chris has mentioned to me; with the devilmag shooting faster with the Predator chip and because of this a higher consumption of air the LX doesn't function properly because of the high cycling rate and can chop.

This is from a while back though, so might not be straight from chris or even right.

BigEvil
07-07-2006, 06:30 AM
The gun will work fine without eyes. With a good halo you can get about 20pbs-ish. Make sure you get the eye components when you order your frame. You can get Luke to install them later on.

At the very least my Electro-pnuematic frame is as fast as a Devilmag, and I havent installed the eyes yet. I have it on 20bps, hard ramp and the lvl10 keeps up fine. Like I said, the loader has alot to do with it.

Asym
07-07-2006, 11:04 AM
From what Chris has mentioned to me; with the devilmag shooting faster with the Predator chip and because of this a higher consumption of air the LX doesn't function properly because of the high cycling rate and can chop.

This is from a while back though, so might not be straight from chris or even right.

too lazy to go find it but it wasn't about not being able to keep up. It was a few different reasons, mainly being with a faster gun you wear out the powertube oring and requiring more upkeep with changing and tuning carriers, also LX uses slightly more air so older level 7 bolts make it slightly more effecient.

Like Bigevil i run a setup without eyes and only LX, mines only set to 16bps due to I only run an egg and its pretty fast. Last year I forgot to check my batteries on the loader and it started dying and I didn't realize it untill I thought there was something wrong with the gun, it kept chuffing but didn't break a single ball. The dying loader wasn't keeping up with the gun and the LX was making the chuffing keeping it from firing and breaking paint like its supposed to do.

Also in the middle of a novice tourny I started leaking down the barrel. Between games I switched carriers and it was fine, from all the use the oring was a little worn and needed a tighter carrier. So it does require a little more care than a level 7 with eyes, also the anti-chop function of the LX with the chuff uses air where the level 7 won't shoot and use air if its not ready to fire.

FromTheBack
07-07-2006, 01:47 PM
Haha I knew it was something else, I know the efficiency was less and completely forgot that in the middle of the night.

I actually have a question myself, how many shots do you guys get out of your lvl10 devils as compared to someone with a lvl7? I remember my lvl10 / X valved Emag used to get around 4 pods and a hopper maybe from a 68/3000 but that was a while ago also

11 Bravo
07-07-2006, 01:59 PM
Dont worry about getting eyes. Just use the lvl 10 and a Halo or Reloader and you'll never miss the eyes. I use a Reloader and my Lvl 10 is never activated unless I run the hopper down to where there are only a few balls in the stack and the gun outruns gravity. :shooting:

txaggie08
07-07-2006, 02:42 PM
well, i got a used halo on the way so ill be fine when i do go to it.

Honestly, Ive been considering this and an alien interceptor, but i just cant get away from the mag. Ive had one for almost 9 years now, it was the first non-pump gun(this was #2) i ever owned. BTW, that gun has never been oiled, and i was shooting it last night. Want a testimonial for AGD, theres one. Im still not shure what body, etc., but as soon as i get the cash to put my order in for the frame im going to.

Does anyone know what getting one annoed in blue would add(illd email him, but i know how busy he is, and if one of yall knows...).

thanks for the mutliple and fast replys for a question thats probably been asked before ;)

warbeak2099
07-07-2006, 04:37 PM
I'm not sure you're gonna be able to order a new frame anytime soon. He said he MIGHT sell off his remaining stock AFTER ALL HIS CURRENT ORDERS ARE COMPLETED. That could take another year, and then he may decide not to continue to make Devilmag frames. You're better off finding a used frame or buying someone's place in line.

You could also check out the Logic UEM Frame. You'd have to buy a place in line. From the looks of things though, his are going to actually come out when everything is done instead of what Chris is doing. Ie, holding guns that should be done for no apparent reason and releasing others. Coolhand/Ryan is also offering much better communication than Chris. Your call.

txaggie08
07-07-2006, 05:28 PM
please elaborate on this, as i hae no idea what your talking about, but would like to find out :)

heres a dumb question, since there seem to be so many problems, and these e-frames seem to be so hard to get, Is there someone on this board who might be willing to put a mpa(the one everyones been using) and mount a switch in a frame? illd be happy with one, i could use a pred board and a solenoid i have hear. Guess ill have to start looking once i get some $$ to play with...

shoot, rogue or luke should start selling them premade milled out for switches ;)

nmind i foudn out what the frame you were discussin was.

REDRT
07-07-2006, 08:33 PM
Eye(s) might be the last uppity up to do for the totally tricked out mag. I didn't have eyes milled because I didn't want to subtract from the Kartas look. Not that I ever need them. Eye covers look like crap on most everything IMO and I wasn't going to have the karta defaced like that! If this whole new ACE board that might be a go does become a reality. I might concider something like that for of electronic anti-chop intervention.

Rudz
07-07-2006, 08:36 PM
im running a lvl 7 with eyes, in my devilmag, havent really had a chace to compare, next time i play, ill compere the devilmag to the lvl 10's emag or my xmag, or my other new xmag i just found hiding in montana.

warbeak2099
07-07-2006, 08:44 PM
im running a lvl 7 with eyes, in my devilmag, havent really had a chace to compare, next time i play, ill compere the devilmag to the lvl 10's emag or my xmag, or my other new xmag i just found hiding in montana.

Had any chops with the lvl 7 yet?

warbeak2099
07-07-2006, 08:47 PM
please elaborate on this, as i hae no idea what your talking about, but would like to find out :)

If you didn't understand the way I put it before, I can't really think of any other way to explain that Chris is not taking any more orders.

Rudz
07-07-2006, 09:16 PM
im using the eyes, so its been fine, i had some crapptastic deformed, left out in the heat, cheapo, white box, paint, but no way im gonna put it thru any of my guns with eyes, made a good excuse to clean my emag tho, and still no chops on the emags lvl 10, just barrel breaks..lol

txaggie08
07-07-2006, 10:15 PM
If you didn't understand the way I put it before, I can't really think of any other way to explain that Chris is not taking any more orders.

no i didnt know he was making that frame. I did som searching and discovered what frame you were taking about. Ive been out of the loop for a bit.