PDA

View Full Version : Angel 1 vids

st6212
07-07-2006, 10:05 PM
Well, the A1 has finally gotten into ppl's hands. For those that are interested or have nothin better to do, a couple of vids to look at:

http://www.darksidevideo.org/video/b2c2510b-aa9e-42cb-82e9-5198c5196683.htm

http://media.putfile.com/angel1-quick

BD_Paintball
07-07-2006, 10:34 PM
to tell you the truth im really not that impressed with it

NewbieMagMan10988
07-07-2006, 11:23 PM
T-board ions shoot just as fast... :tard:

Not a hater, i know the advantages of the A1 over an ion....

but just sayin.....

Mike

VFX_Fenix
07-08-2006, 12:01 AM
For speed vs. dollars spent, it really is tough to beat an Ion. The extra green spent obviously isn't because the buyer is after speed. Same can be said for any other gun that costs more than $300. There are other things to consider, asthetics, brand loyalty, novelty, bragging rights (small/light guns and all) etc. etc. etc. All of which are reasons to spend cash on an Angel, Ego, Matrix, Shocker, Cocker, Mag, Viking, Excal, Freestyle, Intersceptor, or even the lowly Wrath. Personally, I'd buy it, used for sure, but I'd still buy it. There's just something about that high crisp sound that Angels make when they shoot that's got me hooked.

NewbieMagMan10988
07-08-2006, 12:22 AM
For speed vs. dollars spent, it really is tough to beat an Ion. The extra green spent obviously isn't because the buyer is after speed. Same can be said for any other gun that costs more than $300. There are other things to consider, asthetics, brand loyalty, novelty, bragging rights (small/light guns and all) etc. etc. etc. All of which are reasons to spend cash on an Angel, Ego, Matrix, Shocker, Cocker, Mag, Viking, Excal, Freestyle, Intersceptor, or even the lowly Wrath. Personally, I'd buy it, used for sure, but I'd still buy it. There's just something about that high crisp sound that Angels make when they shoot that's got me hooked.

I agree totaly, i would LOVE to have/shoot the angel 1. I just think its great that people who spend 1000 bucks on a gun call ions "plastic crap guns" out of jealousy. lol

Every angel has ben hyped, and the performace increase has been, moderate. Sme thing from the A4 fly to the 05 speed, to the gat/o6 speed/ g7, and now to the one. All are good guns, all throw paint, so its a feel thing.

A+++ to WPD's marketing crew though...i really want one of those boxes...

Mike

SpitFire1299
07-08-2006, 12:55 AM
angel 1 >>>>>>>>>>> ion

lol.

nicad
07-08-2006, 03:26 AM
hrmm..

unfortuantly, let down by WDP again. :cool:
Did seem to be quiet tho.

BigEvil
07-08-2006, 07:43 AM
hrmm..

unfortuantly, let down by WDP again. :cool:
Did seem to be quiet tho.

I agree. I just cant warm up to this little tiny thing.

I do love the LCD, Blackberry Wheel, and the programing (from what i see so far). It looks like they killed all of the aftermarket board makers with this 'one'

azzkikr
07-08-2006, 08:25 AM
kinda sounds like a toy when it shoots doesn't it

cdacda13
07-08-2006, 09:38 AM
Crappy vids really.
First one was ok.
Second one the guy ran out of air.
Its hard to judge a gun just by videos.

punkncat
07-08-2006, 09:44 AM
From what I understand this early run is plagued with a few problems.
Supposedly the detents aren't working to prevent double feeding, and are allowing the eyes to get out of place. New detents are being shipped out to fix this problem.
I have also read that the "wheel" is easy to turn during games, putting the marker in safe or even turning it off.

I think the screen looks super cheesy, but thats my opinion. I have yet to warm up to the look of it. I will stick with my G7...that is already down from WDP's site :(

Pha|anx
07-08-2006, 10:09 AM
We are still tuning ours, we recieved ten of the first batch. Once we have some concrete results I will post a "mini review".

punkncat - We have not encountered any problems with the wheel. It is recessed into the grip frame for a reason.

st6212
07-08-2006, 01:55 PM
From what I've read, the problem with the wheel occurred when wearing gloves.

atm743
07-08-2006, 02:00 PM
that sounded like an ion shooting slow

i was to see some of them mode they have been talking about.

Carbon
07-08-2006, 09:52 PM
i think the only flaw with that gun is the blackberry style scroll knob.

Evil1
07-09-2006, 01:08 AM
My first post in a while. My 04 alias w/ stock board would eat that thing alive in speed. I am not the quickest shooter, but I can hammer on my alias which is why I have not replaced it in 2 years. Angels have never really impressed me except for the first one when most guns only shot about 6-8bps. The first angel was insane because it was something new and fast. My ir3 w/A4 board probably hasn't seen human contact in almost 2 years. There are way better guns out there for the money. Sorry to any WDP fanatics.

dahoeb
07-09-2006, 12:44 PM
ehhh, i like it and would buy it.
i hear a lot of complaining about speed, but hey, i shoot a mech mag and the angel in the vid still shoots faster than i do on my mag on a good day. so its definately fast enough FOR ME. it could probably shoot faster if you play with the settings and the trigger.

i've always liked the function of the angel. And compared with the original angels, i think wdp has come a long way tweaking and refining the overall design.

Jotsy
07-09-2006, 04:02 PM
whats the hard and soft breakout mode?

i gotta admit, it doesn't look that hot, but it sure is cool (like "gadgety" cool). i wonder if that little ball sensor/indicator feature can tell the difference between a ball or just paint in the breech?