PDA

View Full Version : Classic Timmy/Spimmy question

Testament
07-08-2006, 12:29 AM
A guy I work with totally screwed up his oldWGP E-Ranger(managed to rip the volumizer/valve chamber in two trying to remove it without taking the ASA bolt out :tard: ) and a local store has a Classic Timmy with a PPS Stab for sell for $250. I was wanting to use the Ranger body on the Timmy. Anyone know how difficult this would be. Thanks in advance for any help.

punkncat
07-08-2006, 10:39 AM
Is the ranger body the same dimentions as a spyder?

I am not sure that I would pay $250 for a classic timmy though.....

hobbesTZ
07-08-2006, 11:07 AM
For a local deal with the Stabilizer it's not bad, but you may as well get a nicer 2k2 Style timmy since it won't cost that much more. Also I really don't think it will be compatible.

personman
07-09-2006, 11:42 AM
Well classic timmys used the bob long millenium bodys IIRC which were spyder clones.. I dont know if it would fit, it would probably take some mods

Testament
07-09-2006, 01:05 PM
Hobbes - I have been looking around for a while and I haven't seen any model of Timmy for the price of this one.

Person - I know it will take some work, I am pretty sure I will need to cut down the front of the bottom tube for the LPR. Just trying to see if anyone knows if the internals will fit right in. Cause I know on newer Timmies the lower tube osn't as big around as the lower tube on older Spyders.

personman
07-09-2006, 05:42 PM
Well the newer timmys are alot different than the classic timmys. Like i said, the classic uses a spyder clone body, so it should be pretty much the same thing as a spyder..

athomas
07-09-2006, 08:39 PM
As long as its not one of the fatboy type bodies it should work if it is a spyder clone. I know a standard spyder body works on a timmy conversion quite nicely.