PDA

View Full Version : E-mag with ULT - OOPS !

nate2k191
07-08-2006, 10:50 AM
I changed my lowers from z-grip to E, but i forgot to put my E-mag on/off in. I noticed it when i turned it off and shot in mech mode, the pull was amazingly light.

Also, i didnt notice earlier because it shot perfectly in e-mode with x-mod using the ULT. semi was getting 15 bps no problem.

soooo? ULT hurt efficiency or anything like that? it worked perfectly in my x-valved e-mag. stange i thought.

video (http://students.its.txstate.edu/~kp1143/Xult.avi)

would have walked it, but i only have 450psi left in my tank so it wouldn't keep up.

personman
07-08-2006, 02:13 PM
I think the conflict with the emag and ULT is that since the return force is so light, the solenoid plunger doesnt always get returned all the way and you could have some incomplete cycles.

Dont quote me on it though, it just makes sense to me.

mag_lover05
07-08-2006, 02:14 PM
i heard it was a "no-no" but idk why....thats cool that it works... if it doesnt do anything bad i may put one in mine!!!

nate2k191
07-08-2006, 02:51 PM
i heard it was a "no-no" but idk why....thats cool that it works... if it doesnt do anything bad i may put one in mine!!!

yea. It shot well at 15 bps. i shot about 1,000 psi worth of air thru it. I'm just not sure about damage from long term use. in any case, i will be safe and use my e-mag on/off since i think they preform the same. mabey i will test more.

flyingpootang
07-08-2006, 06:12 PM
Good question. I would be concerned with the force being applied to the on/off pin because it's so thin. My .02

awilli234life
07-08-2006, 11:24 PM
i heard that the pin is so thin that you'll go through them verry quickly with a e-mag frame. Buy a few and keep them on hand and you can do it...... :rolleyes: if not, i need a ult for my rt that i bought recently..

nate2k191
07-09-2006, 12:14 AM
i'll be sure and put my e-mag on/off back in :cheers:

temilotzin
07-09-2006, 12:49 AM
You should try and see how low you can set the dwell, might extend your battery charge. In theory the ult should need way less dwell time.

warpspyder
07-09-2006, 01:59 AM
You should try and see how low you can set the dwell, might extend your battery charge. In theory the ult should need way less dwell time.
Though I never had a problem with my emag and batteries.... so does that minor advantage make up for possible mecanical troubles? Personally I'd say go w/ AGD and just use the emag on/off.

One thing I've learned, if something says to not do it, and you do it, bad things will happen :D

Tunaman
07-09-2006, 05:58 PM
The ULT pin is factory set at .740...which is way too long for an emag. With 6 ULT shims it would be .710 which may be a bit short.