PDA

View Full Version : venting....

Arstron
07-08-2006, 12:08 PM
last friday (June 30), I bought me a new HHR. On saterday me, my girlfriend, and her daughter all headed up to st louis for the week. We got home last night and went strait to bed. We went outside this morning to start unloading and I find that somone has thrown an egg and hit the passenger side door with it, there already is some scratches down the side from it. I tried pouring some water over it with the water hose but it didnt do any good at all as the egg is completly dried on. After looking around we found another egg hit our garage and was aimed at my girlfriends colorado. I just got back from the dealership that I bought it from, they tried cleaning it and then tried some acry-solv, but the paint was chiped and scratched and the guts from the egg had already ruined the paint. This just really sucks, if anyone has any advice I will be more then welcome to listen.

On a less serious note, if anyone sees news of a guy shooting some kids with a paintball gun while they try egging his vehicle tomorrow, it really wasnt me that sat up all night with his mag in hand. :dance: :dance: :dance:

MANN
07-08-2006, 12:56 PM
That sucks. If it was me I would be waiting up with my Springfield XD 9. I ******* hate destructive people (teenagers with nothing to do). :mad: :cuss: . Good luck with the paint.

Eagle
07-08-2006, 01:16 PM
I'd go by Napa and see if the guys in the paint dept might have any recommendations.

Maggot6
07-08-2006, 06:55 PM
I'd be waiting for those kids....

punkncat
07-08-2006, 08:26 PM
Well unfortunatly for you the only thing to do is bite the bullet and pay out sone cash. You should be able to either claim it on homeowners/auto insurance which will cost you a deductable and incresed premiums, or come out of pocket and have the paint touched up. The last will probably be cheaper in the long run.

I guess you can look at it from the bright side, at least now that first scratch is over and done with.....

Arstron
07-08-2006, 08:36 PM
I'd go by Napa and see if the guys in the paint dept might have any recommendations.

I went by there, but they said the damage had already been done.

I'd be waiting for those kids....

I decided to go with my E2'd ramping cocker, incase they do come back, I even have a couple pods filled up "just incase." Hey, maybe I actually found a good use for ramping! :dance:

I guess you can look at it from the bright side, at least now that first scratch is over and done with.....

I am not big on any scratches at all. I like to fix up my vehicles pretty nice and take good care of them, I almost always take up 2 parking spots at walmart to avoid door dings. I am hoping I will catch them tonight, other wise I will have to have it repainted.

On a side note, as much as I want to I wont be shooting the kids to hurt them IF I catch them tonight, their legs are fair game though. :cheers:

punkncat
07-08-2006, 08:40 PM
On a side note, as much as I want to I wont be shooting the kids to hurt them IF I catch them tonight, their legs are fair game though. :cheers:

Just FYI, I believe that firing a marker at an unwilling participant is a felony most everywhere.
I certainly understand the emotion, but that will not help your situation nor the paintball community as a whole.

I suggest calling the Wolf........

Arstron
07-08-2006, 10:24 PM
Just FYI, I believe that firing a marker at an unwilling participant is a felony most everywhere.
I certainly understand the emotion, but that will not help your situation nor the paintball community as a whole.

I suggest calling the Wolf........

Defending ones propety throws a twist into things though. ;)

I am just using this thread to release some steam. I am not a agressive person at all and I seriously dought the kids would be stupid enough to come back around a second time, but I really do have my cocker aired up and the halo full of paint sitting by the door. :D

awilli234life
07-09-2006, 12:06 AM
i got some kids that were egging my house they made the mistake to think that running away through some woods next to my house would save them. I just happened to have a tippmann a tank and a pod sitting right next to the door, dumped the pod in the top closed the lid and ran out the door tank in hand this is when the kids knew they were caught. i'm running through the snow on a sunday night at about 9:00 pm in slippers, i get about 6-7 steps and have the tank screwed in cock it and proceed to chase these kids through a 2.5 acere parsel of trees only pausing to shoot after hearing them scream (help he's shootin at us!) i was havin fun shoot a few listen to them hoot and holler and even whimper, they finally made it back to there car where i let loose another volley till i was out. then i proceeded to break down the gun and walked out of the woods to the street. carrying the tank in hand and the gun under my armpit back to my house... where about 20 min later police showed up to investigate the screaming in the woods of course i played coy when the came around the next day and asked me if i had heard anything :D
so there is revenge out there for paintballers just get your aim on and tear em up

wad04
07-11-2006, 06:25 PM
I don't think kids understand that eggs take paint off cars if it isn't removed within a few hours. Along with shaving cream, and ketchup. Someone shaving creamed my saab and now some of the black trim is stained a light black which makes the car look like ****.

BeaverEater
07-11-2006, 10:29 PM
man forget the paintball gun, get a pellet gun out there. It probably wont break the skin, but it hurts like hell. Plus its nice and quiet and they'll have no clue where its coming from.