PDA

View Full Version : wdp bought out by DYE (what if)

Chronobreak
07-08-2006, 12:48 PM
well i had heard from a friend that wdp was bought out by dye, while i think it is more than safe to consider it a rumor

ex since it isnt plastered all over pbn yet.

It got me thinking though,...what would be the possible outcome of such a sellout/merger

what would it mean for the players, and the community as a whole.

cdacda13
07-08-2006, 12:54 PM
Dont think it would happen.

I love WDP products and I love Dyes stuff too. But I dont think it could be for the paintball community if they joined.

ntn4502
07-08-2006, 12:56 PM
ummm dye is bigger then wdp

Pneumagger
07-08-2006, 01:11 PM
what if Dye, WDP, WGP, AGD, Tippmann, and Kingman bought out SP and and gave it to AKA. :bounce:

going_home
07-08-2006, 01:52 PM
what if Dye, WDP, WGP, AGD, Tippmann, and Kingman bought out SP and and gave it to AKA. :bounce:

What if the cow jumped over the moon ?
Hey diddle diddle,
the cat and the fiddle,
The cow jumped over the moon,
The little dog laughed to see such sport,
And the dish ran away with the spoon.
:tard:

personman
07-08-2006, 02:47 PM
What if I was a woman... that would be strange. I'd have boobies.

Cow hunter
07-08-2006, 02:50 PM
i dont see any real advantages to this, both have great technology, and great products, but a merge would only have corprate benefits.

Chronobreak
07-08-2006, 03:54 PM
i dont see any real advantages to this, both have great technology, and great products, but a merge would only have corprate benefits.

a business goal is to make $

...so if dye could increase its revenue in any way shape or form,..do you think they would pass up the opportunity

personman personman,
hit on the head with a frying pan,
lives his life in a garbage can,
personman
is he depressed or is he a mess,
does he feel totaly worthless
who came up with personman'
degraded man,
personman

tmbg-"particle man"

i know this is AO, but i figd by know people wouldnt post or degrade the validity of somone elses post :tard:

RapidTransit
07-08-2006, 09:23 PM
Possibly...
Dye allows WDP to continue as usual operating semi-independently but maybe with some parts bin sharing maybe lowering the cost, while full filling each company's own niche but maybe slipping in a last gen spool marker, possibly a mask and an extensive line of playing gear.

That seems like a possible scenario... Kinda like GM back in the day when Buick, Pontiac, Chevy, Olds, GMC were all competing for your money... Buy an Elky? or a Sprinter? :rofl:

m-a-r-k-7
07-09-2006, 12:37 AM
Is it easy to buy out a foreign company?

pennywise
07-10-2006, 01:16 AM
Is it easy to buy out a foreign company?
Happens here all the time. Daimler-Chrysler anyone?