PDA

View Full Version : New Mag user needs help!

PhantomX
12-22-2001, 09:45 PM
Last week I bought an RT Pro and a 68ci Flatline tank online. When I got them I was really shocked to find that in no way was I going to be able to attach these AGD parts without buying MORE PARTS! MORE NON AGD PARTS!! Seeing that these parts are from the same company I am kind of upset that they don't attach to each other outta the box!!! :(

I went to the local PB store and was surprised to find little in the way of CLEAN ways to connect air to my AGD marker. I had to settle for an ugly, IN-YER-FACE hose setup that had me pretty bumbed out! It works....but I don't understand why AGD doesn't have a better system in place.

I was under the impression that the RTs had an "air-through" fore grip! Not the case with mine. Nor does there seem to be a "air-through" foregrip being sold from AGD for these markers. I was looking at pictures of older RTs and see that they have a solid tube that leads to the foregrip. This setup seems better to me. The new setup is simple (good) but not very clean and makes the gun look kinda stupid! Every other marker I have seen being sold today has a pretty clean hose system. I don't get why we don't too!

HELP!!!

I need someone to direct me to a better setup! I know there has to be a better system to get the air from the tank to the gun!

So I need the help of the RT elite on this board about this. I am an old player back from a 9 year layoff and need a little help.

Thanks in advance. :cool:

virus
12-22-2001, 10:12 PM
the "old" RTs are not made anymore.... they had the gas-through forgrip and a hardline that ran into the bodyrail and the air even had to go through the field strip screw to get to the valve.....

the new version uses the ReTro valve.... pretty much the same thing as far as the way it works with the reactive trigger and all

my guess is the reason for no airlines..... look at all the other markers out there.... and how many different ways there are that people setup everything on their marker..... it just doesn't make good biz sense to ship it with them.... i belive AGD did say here in a post that they can set it up.. but it involves having your local dealer call AGD and tell what you want... AGD gives a price and your dealer tells you, how much for the package...

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-22-2001, 10:12 PM
how do you have the air connected now?

PhantomX
12-22-2001, 11:54 PM
After posting I went for broke and started messing around with it. I ended up using the hose that came with the gun and putting a quick disconnect on the gun end. I then moved the foregrip down one notch to allow my thumb some room away from the hose. It seems much better now.

Sorry for being a crybaby guys!:o

I guess a better question is who makes really good/custom air fittings and such? I want to use steel braid only.

Thanks again