PDA

View Full Version : Pink/Black ND Timmy Stolen

magmanl337
07-09-2006, 01:48 PM
Gun was found months ago, forgot to update. Thanks to all who helped.

warbeak2099
07-09-2006, 02:59 PM
Get your money back from UPS and then try and track the gun down. UPS should pay for their incompetence anyways. And the kid should give you your gun back.

PBCapo
07-09-2006, 03:41 PM
Hire a hitman...shouldn't be hard in Vegas.

Haha sorry I don't mean to make a joke out of it that's a really uncool situation. I would look up local fields and try to get some numbers, ask the owners if they personally know anyone with a dark timmy as described, ask them to watch out for the naughty dogs, and keep a serious eye open on the forums and ebay. He can either a. sell it, or b. use it, hopefully you can track down either. Good luck

CKY_Alliance
07-09-2006, 07:36 PM
that sux man me and my friend where just talkin about how sexy this gun was...because we saw a dust olive and black one this weekend..

hope you get your gun back..believe me i know how it feels.

txaggie08
07-09-2006, 07:54 PM
call the vegas PD, file the report, provide them with the emails making the agreement, and do it NOW. dont wait till later. Explain to them it never arrived, provide them with falsified tracking number etc. This is pure and simple fraud, and is illegal, and possibly under federal jurisdiction do to crossing of interestate lines. As I said, file the report and charges tonight, dont even wait till the morning. if its a kid it will scare the crap out of him to have the cops show up, and will alert his parents to the issue. The longer you wait, the worse it gets, and the harder it will be when the eventual civil case comes up. If vegas PD is uncooperating, demand to talk to there captain.

quasimorte
07-09-2006, 08:17 PM
this is probably the worst news you may hear. There is a scam where a guy gives you a wrong address and askes you to ship with UPS or fed-ex, if the owner of the wrong address has a lot of packages left on their door step the guy who made the deal simply steals the box when it shows up. when you shipped it did you specify (sp) signiture required? even with insurance they don't require a sig sometimes. but like the last guy said vegas pd now and put the heat on the guy as soon as possible. good luck.

txaggie08
07-09-2006, 08:49 PM
yeah i know about that one to, but if he does call the PD at least if it IS a kid doing it, it will work.

magmanl337
07-10-2006, 05:21 PM
UPS managed to get ahold of the delivery guy before he dropped the package at the scammers house. My gun is being shipped back to me, it will be in my hands in 2-3 days. Thanks to all who helped, I will be making a post with the info of the Dark Timmy this kid was going to trade me so all of you in the Vegas area can show him some love*.

*bonus balling.

SpitFire1299
07-10-2006, 05:47 PM
Hire a hitman...shouldn't be hard in Vegas.
Hahaha..

/I only use usps.

surfbum
07-10-2006, 06:27 PM
glad it worked out for you

some kid tried to scam me before, luckily i had is home number and as soon as his parents heard from me the gun was shipped the next day

:shooting: theiving kiddies

txaggie08
07-11-2006, 06:54 PM
This is a classic example of why third parties are the ONLY way to do buisness as far as im concerned in trades.

surfbum
07-11-2006, 07:17 PM
This is a classic example of why third parties are the ONLY way to do buisness as far as im concerned in trades.

i dont think third parties are necessary in most situations
i think the person with the least amount of feedback needs to ship first
if that happens i think the majority of these cases would be avoided

CKY_Alliance
07-11-2006, 09:20 PM
i dont think third parties are necessary in most situations
i think the person with the least amount of feedback needs to ship first
if that happens i think the majority of these cases would be avoided

Not if both parties have little to no feedback..i've shipped to the person with more feedback too and i almost got a gun stolen...luckly the police in west va are very nice.

magmanl337
07-11-2006, 10:36 PM
Not if both parties have little to no feedback..i've shipped to the person with more feedback too and i almost got a gun stolen...luckly the police in west va are very nice.

Well, in this trade, we both had the same number of feedback, so we thought it'd be a good idea to ship at the same time.

MonsterMag
07-15-2006, 11:17 PM
get it back yet? I see your thread on pbn , weres this scumbag live?

Steelrat
07-15-2006, 11:21 PM
Another scammer thwarted, nice job!

It's easier to stop a package using USPS, just for future reference.

magmanl337
07-16-2006, 12:43 AM
Another scammer thwarted, nice job!

It's easier to stop a package using USPS, just for future reference.

Yep, which is why I use USPS now (as you can probably tell) But you can always trust steelrat :clap: As for the timmy, it is back in my posession and is up for sale again. I'm not looking for trades now, looking only for cash because of the scam attempt. This kid lives in Las Vegas, I am more than happy to give out any of his personal info (address, phone number, etc) to anyone who wants to go give him the ol' "high-five*" Just be careful guys when you trade, always use a third party that both of you like, and always get as much personal info that you can from anyone you are trading with.

*Note: The term "high-five" may or may not actually imply a real "high-five"

geekwarrior
07-16-2006, 12:53 AM
Yep, which is why I use USPS now (as you can probably tell) But you can always trust steelrat :clap: As for the timmy, it is back in my posession and is up for sale again. I'm not looking for trades now, looking only for cash because of the scam attempt. This kid lives in Las Vegas, I am more than happy to give out any of his personal info (address, phone number, etc) to anyone who wants to go give him the ol' "high-five*" Just be careful guys when you trade, always use a third party that both of you like, and always get as much personal info that you can from anyone you are trading with.

*Note: The term "high-five" may or may not actually imply a real "high-five"

so did you talk to him after this? I'd send him something instead, maybe take a crap in a paper bag and send it to him. Than call him up and ask him why he hasnt shipped his gun to you.

magmanl337
07-16-2006, 01:14 AM
so did you talk to him after this? I'd send him something instead, maybe take a crap in a paper bag and send it to him. Than call him up and ask him why he hasnt shipped his gun to you.

Nope, I haven't said a word to him. I'm not a man to keep grudges, so I haven't talked to him after I said the deal was off.