PDA

View Full Version : Feedneck

juliano191
07-10-2006, 03:36 PM
Will switching out the stock body of a RT Pro with the very high feedneck, to a body with a low rise feedneck, cause chops?? Isnt the main reason the feedneck was so high because it was to ensure there were enough balls in the tube to keep up with the high ROF of the RT Pro Valve?
I am using a Ricochet apache Loader.....if I switch to a low rise feedneck/body, do I need to change to a Force fed Loader? and Not a Gravity one?? Thanks :) in advance...

flyingpootang
07-10-2006, 04:56 PM
If your using a Halo get the lowest possible feedneck. I shoot my Xmag at 20bps without eyes and I still havent' chopped yet.

juliano191
07-10-2006, 08:55 PM
If your using a Halo get the lowest possible feedneck. I shoot my Xmag at 20bps without eyes and I still havent' chopped yet.

flying,

I am using an Apache...its gravity fed........not force fed, so my question still remains...but thanks man.

flyingpootang
07-10-2006, 09:12 PM
With a short feedneck if you have the level 10 bolt then no becuse it will not chop or if your below 10-11 bps, you reload before you get to 1/4 hopper full you should be ok with a gravity feed. Hope it helps

personman
07-10-2006, 09:18 PM
You will be fine. The problems with low rises and gravity feeds are that blowback can blow the balls back up in to the hopper (wont happen because level 10 has low blowback, and the apache has the sensor that wont let a ball go back into the hopper) and when you have a high rise you have a larger ball stack which means blowback affects it less and you have more balls waiting to be fed. but the apache should be able to hold you off up til atleast 16bps from what i've seen. and I doubt you're shooting that with your RT pro unless you've got alot of bounce :)

I use a ule body on my mag with an apache and it works just fine. The only problems i have are forgetting to turn it on :p

juliano191
07-11-2006, 03:37 AM
So, if I'm using my apache, with a low rise, and shooting 11 BPS or less, it should be fine? main reason I'm asking is that the stock RT Pro Feedtube is so darn high...Profile needs to be much lower. Another user on PBNation gave me a link to a site that has the low rise feedtubeon a newer body...its also Twist lock, which are very hard to come by...I like the twist locks....But at $150.00, its quite expensive...Thanks for the info guys...you've been quite helpfull...guess I'll also be investing in a Lx Bolt. After buying a Logic Alpha Rail, a RPG Chimera Frame, and soon that $150.00 low rise body and level ten, and add the cost of a used RT Pro...you can see how expensive it is to totally transform an old Rt Pro into a New Mag... :wow:

StygShore
07-11-2006, 10:19 AM
Dont buy a new body.

Chop your feed tube down, and get one of the screw on clamping feed adapters.

I think they were originally designed for Spyders, but they work perford for your situation.

I believe a few people have used this on their SFL E-mags as well

Like this style

http://www.aimpaintball.com/spyder/images/clamp-bk-l.jpg

Styg

juliano191
07-11-2006, 12:56 PM
Stygshore,

Since the piece your showing me goes around the existing feedneck...would that not impede the balls coming from the Loader into the marker? ...maybe I'm missing something here...or would this work out just fine.....Where do you get these...got a link??

StygShore
07-11-2006, 01:21 PM
They do go around the existing feed neck, but remember, the feed neck is much larger than the diameter of the paintball. Meaning even if this slides over and there is a lip, the paint is still going to fall into the hole.

My sugestion would be to cut the feed neck, and either bevel it in, or round it off a bit, but it should work fine.

Here is an Ebay Link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/AIM-Paintball-Spyder-Clamping-Feed-Neck_W0QQitemZ7250565943QQihZ015QQcategoryZ71157QQ ssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

juliano191
07-11-2006, 01:41 PM
Thanks Styg,

Will save me a ton, and then I can keep my Twist lock Body and barrels!! :)

juliano191
07-11-2006, 02:57 PM
I have one of those juliano.

If you wanted to buy it, Id sell it to you for $20 shipped. Thatll save you ~$8. E-mail me at roguefactor@earthlink.net if you are interested.

Thanks!

emailed you Rogue! Thank you.... :)

juliano191
07-11-2006, 04:11 PM
emailed you Rogue! Thank you.... :)

Same thing as in picture Rogue?

juliano191
07-12-2006, 12:48 PM
Rogue,

you PM box is full...just wondering if you got the address I sent you via my email thru Verizon? PayPal funds were sent...

Thanks

StygShore
07-12-2006, 02:15 PM
Where's my comission??!?!?!

Thanks for helpin out again Rogue

Styg

juliano191
07-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Hey Styg!

Yeah Rogue hooked me up....saved me few bucks....I really appreciate the info on that clamping feedneck...didnt even know they made those other then the screw in ones....Now, I dont need to spend $150.00 on a new Body!! Seems like everyone switching to the new ULE bodies and buying cocker barrels...I like the unigueness of the Twist lock bodies and barrels....It's good to be different!! :D

StygShore
07-12-2006, 04:54 PM
and cheap to be different, I have seen titanium twist lock boomsticks go for 20.00 on ebay and at trade shows.

See barrels for DIRT cheap on ebay for Automags all the time.

Styg

juliano191
07-12-2006, 05:02 PM
You know it!! Cheap to be different, and Looks just great as well..I'll send you an updated pic with the Logic Alpha Rail, the RPG Chimera Frame, and the new Feedneck. All that will be left possibly, to anno the whole thing... :)