PDA

View Full Version : anyone think this is as cool as i do

surfbum
07-11-2006, 07:35 PM
so i was paintballing at my local field on sunday and i discover that none other than Team Dynasty's Angel Fragoza was playing on the team with me.
he had a t-shirt on over his jersey so people didnt know who he was but he was tearing up the field. during the lunch break i talked to him and he ended up signing my HPA tank.
really cool guy

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g275/surfbum279/IMG_0001.jpg

FinchMan
07-11-2006, 08:11 PM
It's cool you got to meet a Pro at the field. I wonder how much the signature adds to the resale value of the tank? :rolleyes: :p

ojhspyro89
07-11-2006, 08:13 PM
Beats me...

I played with some XSV team, and a guy from tippmann effect :tard:

Chaos_Theory!
07-11-2006, 08:13 PM
Cool yet really worthless. lol

If you play at a field and no one notices your a "well known" pro player by just looking at you, thats sad. lol

surfbum
07-11-2006, 08:22 PM
oh dont get me wrong
he was kicking ***, he had a super sweet run through during the first game
but just cause you kick *** doesnt mean your pro

and i disagree i think it doubles the value of my tank :ninja:

Chaos_Theory!
07-11-2006, 08:23 PM
He is a pro player though and its sad no one even recognizes him.

surfbum
07-11-2006, 08:56 PM
well its hard to recognize someone with a mask covering their entire face
but regardless at lunch time most of the people around reconized him... i mean he is on ESPN

magman007
07-12-2006, 12:18 PM
eh, angel is like, the least known dynasty player out there :)

68magOwner
07-12-2006, 12:22 PM
eh, angel is like, the least known dynasty player out there :)

....your kidding

dahoeb
07-12-2006, 12:37 PM
thats pretty cool. i wouldn't mind having my tank signed by a dynasty player, thas fasho

Army
07-12-2006, 05:58 PM
My tank cover has the most rare autograph in all of paintball....

...Tom Kaye

:rofl:

surfbum
07-12-2006, 06:00 PM
well there is no question you win with that one
wish i could get that signature one right on my mag

i saw a tom kaye autographed warp feed on ebay a while back

paint magnet
07-12-2006, 06:59 PM
I had Tom autograph my barrel plug and jersey at AO day :cool:

If Angel wanted to play in disguise though, why bother wearing his jersey at all? I'm sure he could get one without his name on it if he wanted to, given his position with sponsors.

surfbum
07-12-2006, 07:23 PM
i know he wasnt trying to be disguised
supposedly he plays every once and a while at the field, although ive never seen him before

jsdatjsd
07-12-2006, 09:32 PM
I had Tom autograph my barrel plug and jersey at AO day :cool:

If Angel wanted to play in disguise though, why bother wearing his jersey at all? I'm sure he could get one without his name on it if he wanted to, given his position with sponsors.

Maybe he is required to wear the jersey by contract, but possibly with no clause to cover it up.

ALso, he may be in contract to not wear competitors clothing. It could just be a way of dodging thru a loophole.

Or maybe, maybe he was cold......

flyingpootang
07-12-2006, 09:41 PM
Dynasty are a great group of guys. I was playing at the same time when they started and even was on a local team with Alex and Oli on it. Even when they where little kid you could tell they had the drive to play. Just watching them at tourneys and seeing them on magazines is real cool knowning they were local players. They really promote paintball and give it a good image. Believe it or not the captain of Kapp Factory said Angel started off very timmed and was very hesitant to move. You would think that he's the same guy. Angel like all the rest of the Dynasty crew can wipe a field out all by themselves.

SpitFire1299
07-13-2006, 09:36 AM
Cool yet really worthless. lol

If you play at a field and no one notices your a "well known" pro player by just looking at you, thats sad. lol
Worthless really isnt the word your looking for.

Priceless.. its not worth a price, but it has value of some sort.

SR_matt
07-13-2006, 08:24 PM
i worked with willie nichols from mantis, he gave a bunch of us some of his old gear, i picked up a jearsey signed and got a pair of redz pants that i wear now from him.

good times
-matt

68magOwner
07-14-2006, 12:40 AM
im sure he wasnt trying to get around any breech of contract, pro players arnt watched THAT closley, and, wolnt get in big trouble even if they are spotted not wearing their sponsors gear, its only at events that sponsors are worred about.

heres a pic i snagged at our last practice with baultamore trauma, hamen is definatley not rocking his sponsors gear here. (besides the marker)
http://f10.putfile.com/thumb/7/19401582011.jpg (http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=main/7/19401582011.jpg&s=f10)

slade
07-14-2006, 04:09 PM
He is a pro player though and its sad no one even recognizes him.
why is that sad? who the heck really cares?

Maybe he is required to wear the jersey by contract, but possibly with no clause to cover it up.

ALso, he may be in contract to not wear competitors clothing. It could just be a way of dodging thru a loophole.

Or maybe, maybe he was cold......
umm, hes a pro, remember? layering for bounces. :p

punkncat
07-14-2006, 06:04 PM
why is that sad? who the heck really cares?

QFT

It is amazing the perception people have about these pro paintballers. Its not to say they aren't good, whatever, but this false glory attributed to them is rediculous. Honestly a few years down the road very few people will remember anything that went on in such and such game, etc., or who such and such player was. Considering that majority don't care enough NOW to know.....

slade
07-14-2006, 06:06 PM
QFT

It is amazing the perception people have about these pro paintballers. Its not to say they aren't good, whatever, but this false glory attributed to them is rediculous. Honestly a few years down the road very few people will remember anything that went on in such and such game, etc., or who such and such player was. Considering that majority don't care enough NOW to know.....
/ironic, considering your user title :p

punkncat
07-14-2006, 06:19 PM
:D

Thats not to say that I won't be remembered.....lol

magsRus
07-16-2006, 08:28 PM
What would Angel be doing playing with walkons if Boston NPPL is a week away?

slade
07-16-2006, 08:29 PM
so what field was it, anyway?

onedude36
07-16-2006, 09:13 PM
What would Angel be doing playing with walkons if Boston NPPL is a week away?

Enjoying himself? No pressure, have fun, no one cares situation? He posted 5 days ago as well...