PDA

View Full Version : Mini-Mags?

iambored
07-11-2006, 07:48 PM
Hi, I'm new to Airgun Designs markers and intend on buying one and wanted to know which is better: mini-mags, ULE custom, or Pro Classic?

surfbum
07-11-2006, 07:51 PM
ule custom

iambored
07-11-2006, 07:55 PM
O.k. and uh, what exactly is a mini-mag?

surfbum
07-11-2006, 07:57 PM
its the same thing as a classic mag just with a different body

if you have the money, definately get the ULE custom
it will save you money in the long run if you want to upgrade

JRingold
07-11-2006, 07:59 PM
O.k. and uh, what exactly is a mini-mag?

An older style AutoMag that had a stainless steel mainbody, and a Vertical ASA rather than a foregrip.

http://www.pbreview.com/pics/minicrT.jpg

txaggie08
07-11-2006, 09:29 PM
The pro classic is basicaly a classic mag

The mini-mag is a classic mag with an extended front end that comes over the barrel

The ULE custom is, i beleive, the all ULE bodied mech that AGD is selling now.

the first two are obvioulsy classic valves, rail, and bodies. They are heavier, use Twistlock barrels, and do not shoot as fast. They are also not capable of taking Emag/Devilmag/Spyder mag lowers(although the spydermag might work with the old hyperframe on off) if you choose to upgrade to a e-gun. They are also not vert feed, unless you find a special body,

The ULE custom on the other hand, is built with the latest and lightest parts AGD makes. It also has an Xvalve, wich is there fastest valve, and will except any e-frame. It also has the lvlX antichop bolt, wich is the best mech AC system on the market, and will except the ULT trigger kit, wich lightens the trigger up to a point were i **think** its the lightest non-pneu mech trgigger out. The body, wich can be setup for a warp/qloader with a side feed body, or a vert body(your choice on ordering i beleive) will take any autococker barrel, and i beleive it is an angel feedneck.

In short, the minimag was just a bit different looking version fo the classic, and both the classic and mini are the original mag. The ULE custom is the latest and greatest(except the e/xmag)from AGD. If you have the money, start with the ULE custom or piece an e-mag together :).

**edit** with the deal AGD is offering on those ULE custom's, even if you want to convert to an emag lower set, get it then buy the lowers and sell the frame. Lowers run for about 350, and used emags can barely be had for 650. 700 would get you an all new gun except the lowers :).

Hope that was what you wanted(I had the time for some detail)

buzzboy
07-12-2006, 07:19 AM
Personally I would say to build one from pieces to get exactly what you want. Go to an aftermarket provider ( www.themagsmith.com or www.whitewolfairsmithing.com www.tunamart.com ) and custom build one just how you want it. It all reasonablness, get an X valve, Y/I frame and whatever else you think looks cool. All the other stuff is for looks anyways. IMHO Minimags look the sickest.