PDA

View Full Version : A decent lvl 10 question

the mag guy
07-12-2006, 09:26 AM
I was wondering how many lvl 10 shims people put in their power tube. What is the max someone has put in and still have decent functionality? I know that the instructions say start out with 2, and two works perfectly for me.

Also I know the lvl 10 shims are twice as thick as ULT shims and can be used in a ULT. Does this work in reverse?

For example:
My lvl 10 is great with two shims, but not with 3. Could I use a ult shim to make it technically 2.5 shims?

Now I say this without having once looked at a Ult shim. I just received my ult kit yesterday, but due to an exhausting day at work I went to slepp when I got home.

SR_matt
07-12-2006, 10:14 AM
ive kind of wondered the same thing about how many shims it can relaly take (i mean if everyting is made to tolerance it cant be to much difference).

now i dont know for sure but in theory you should be able to go inreverse with the ULT shims but i dont know mags to well and its just a guess.
-matt

the mag guy
07-12-2006, 12:00 PM
I the worst thing that I've come across when having too many shims is constant leaking and the various effects that come with that.

The only problem i can see with using ult shims in the powertube is that the diameter of the hole in the shim might be too tiny. the only reason I haven't tried this yet is

1. my tank is at the testing place
2. I havent opened up my ult kit to see how similar the diameters of the holes on the shims are (lvl 10 vs Ult).

I'll take a look at them when I get off work today, but I wont be able to test them until i get my tank back.

Has anyone tried this already?

nevtangle
07-12-2006, 04:00 PM
The only diffeerence between the lvl 10 and ult shims is the thickness. Same diameter just the thickness is different. I've used the lvl 10 shims in the ult because they are twice as thick and 1 lvl 10 = 2 ult shims. So to answer your question, yes they will fit in the power tube but I've never had a need to. 2 or 3 has always worked for me and have never needed to go in between (1.5, 2.5...)

Lee
07-12-2006, 04:37 PM
i don't use any shims and i've had L10's in an rt valve, emag valve and a classic.

the mag guy
07-12-2006, 09:06 PM
cool thx everyone! When I got home I gave it a shot. I can go to the 2.5 size, but it have a leak that I can hear only when my ear touches my certer feed. So I'm leaving it at 2 shims and the carrier i used was two stripes and one dot.

the mag guy
07-13-2006, 07:24 AM
oh yeah and to anybod wanting to test the lvl X anti chop heres some advice.

Do not rapid fire with your finger in the dang vert feed!
I know it sounds dumb, but for kick and grins I had my bro rapid fire as fast as he could with my finger in the breech. It definatley works great, BUT IT DOES START TO HURT AFTER ABOUT THE 18TH SHOT OR SO. I am impressed though. I'd never stick my finger in a spyder breech and shoot 18 times! lol!
i hope you enjoy that.

SR_matt
07-13-2006, 08:13 AM
thats why when u test the lvl x u push ur finger to the back so it wont be able to move to far
-matt

the mag guy
07-13-2006, 08:17 AM
:rofl: yeah i know but what happened was my finger started slowly moving back b/c i wanted to see how light a pressure reset the bolt.