PDA

View Full Version : pneumag question

eNder159
07-12-2006, 10:33 AM
so i hear all the hub bub of pneumags being built im debating whether i should build one or not but the only thing that's holding me back is FIELD TEST REPORTS WITH PAINT ..ive seen great vids of things that are CPS but what i really want to know is how well does it hold up shooting balls...is there any chuffing/stroking/balls breaking etc etc...i really wanna upgrade and these seems like a phesible upgrade but id like to hear those reports before i go head on with this project

Maggot6
07-12-2006, 10:43 AM
I myself don't have a pneumag, however this is the way I think of it.

If you fire a mag with a proper frame, you are just tripping a sear. If you fire a mag by using your fingers, you are just tripping a sear...So if a pneumag can make the mag cycle, it can't be doing anything else but tripping a sear. So, if the mag is stuff chuffing because of a pneuframe, my guess would be to check the ULT/LVL 10...

geekwarrior
07-12-2006, 10:46 AM
I'm still tuning mine, I didnt set it up as good as some of the others on here, but I have shot some paint through it....its worth it. It may be worth it to send it to Pnuemagger, he does nice work.

cept now I picked up a devilmag frame, so the Pnueframe is kinda on the back burner.. :D

eNder159
07-12-2006, 01:29 PM
now i guess the next question is ..what LPR's am i able to select from? it would make life easier if i could put the LPR inside the frame but the step by step how to uses the palmer LPR which is pretty big to fit in a grip frame...

geekwarrior
07-12-2006, 01:35 PM
now i guess the next question is ..what LPR's am i able to select from? it would make life easier if i could put the LPR inside the frame but the step by step how to uses the palmer LPR which is pretty big to fit in a grip frame...

My on/off has holes on both side, so I just put it on the side my air line wasnt on....guess i'm lazy, but it's easy and keeps the gun clean.

the mag guy
07-12-2006, 04:05 PM

I dont think it would necessarily make your life easier to put it in the trigger.
If you do with that option 99% of the ones I've seen inside the trigger require you to mill a spot down so that you can fit the reg in. have you thought of all the elbows and such that are required to run fro myour air supply to the reg in the grip?

the front mount off the vert adapter is a really clean lookin setup and only requires you to cut a tiny line on your rail to run the hose under the body. it does require more hose though.

the approach Im goin for I believe is to mount the lpr side saddle to the valve. I purchased a male ended "T" that has two female ends running across the top of the "T". Firstly I will turn the "T" sideways to allow the lpr to run parallel with the valve. With this I'm thinking I'll put a macro line fitting on one side and the lpr on the other of the "T". From there I'll put a tiny little nitche in the top of the trigger frameand run the hose in to the frame from there.

I have the parts, but I have not set up my pneuframe due to an issue with my mps-3 that I have posted in another thread.

the mag guy
07-12-2006, 04:07 PM
anyway will look good, oh and if you go externally I'd use a Mac Dev lpr or something that looks really sweet. I think mine is from Mako. Its extremely tiny and gloriously sexy.

Pneumagger
07-12-2006, 05:21 PM
Where did you get that MAko reg? I been looking for them to start making Intelliframes with everything internal...Sort of a bolt on pneu frame.

the mag guy
07-13-2006, 06:23 AM
ebay, they had them silver or black about a week ago

Where did you get that MAko reg? I been looking for them to start making Intelliframes with everything internal...Sort of a bolt on pneu frame.

Pneumagger
07-13-2006, 06:37 AM
do they work well?

the mag guy
07-13-2006, 08:25 AM
i like mine, i dont have it hooked up to my pneumatics due to my mpa-3 prob, but I have hooked it up to my air source and i can control it well. Somebody gave it a wretched review on pbreview.com so i had my doubts, but I trust it.

StygShore
07-13-2006, 09:10 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Autococker-Paintball-Orracle-Tickler-LPR-Red_W0QQitemZ150008759301QQihZ005QQcategoryZ36285Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Would one of those work?

Anyone mount the LPR in the Foregrip of a mag yet? I am seeing alot more of these, but have not seen a Vert mount one.

Styg

the mag guy
07-13-2006, 10:52 AM
yeah dude, ticklers rock! i liked mine when i had it on my cocker.
There are plenty of people that install them on the vert adapter by means of drilling and tapping. other people that have two holes on their vert adapters just elbow off the hol to keep from tapping and run in in the front. Google image search it. ive found a few of those on the forum here. I think most people prefer the in grip versions tho. I like 'em both

SR_matt
07-13-2006, 08:21 PM

ill be looking forward to that, i will so buy one
-matt

Pneumagger
07-13-2006, 09:00 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Autococker-Paintball-Orracle-Tickler-LPR-Red_W0QQitemZ150008759301QQihZ005QQcategoryZ36285Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Would one of those work?

Anyone mount the LPR in the Foregrip of a mag yet? I am seeing alot more of these, but have not seen a Vert mount one.

Styg

Maybe... but why not just have the current forgrip drilled and tapped for $12? It's just easier.

I tried an LPR in the foregrip...check it:
So a stock WPG reg or sledgehammer can screw into a WGP ASA to 1/8-27 NPT converter. The rubber from a Bycycle grip fits right over that...PERFECTLY. Run the microline through a false "bottomline" into the grip.

It worked, but was far more cumbersome and less refined than the LPR out front IMHO.