PDA

View Full Version : not necessarily a bad thing

the mag guy
07-13-2006, 07:20 AM
ok so I have my x-valve w/ lvlX, and my ult. I tuned the lvl X w/o the ult first. Now on to the fun part.
So i started stacking shims on the Ult. I got it to where I couldly hardly get the x-valve back into the gun b/c there were so many shims! lol! anyway, gassed it up and nothing, the trigger would not respond, it was as if I hadnt gassed up at all. so i dropped a shim out and got some reaction in the trigger, but no cycling or anything (similar to when you dont have enough air to shoot, just play with the trigger.) Anyway I dropped out another shim and it shoots ok i guess. no leaks or anything. Its definatley not trying to run away or double shoot at all like I was expecting it to. I did notice a trigger pull difference but I really couldnt get it to shoot too fast I didnt actually do a test to determine bps, but im assuming about 11 bps due to previous exerience w/ angels and sustaining 14-17 on a regular basis.

I cant add any more shims period, they just wont fit. I am assuming that I'm just not used to the trigger and that I will find my sweetspot later? I want to bounce the trigger, atleast for a day just to see the potential of the x-valve. Any advice?

StygShore
07-13-2006, 08:23 AM
What is your input pressure? The input controls a lot of the bounce and reactivity of the trigger.

I used a HP Crossfire, and I did have a sweetspot in the trigger, but it was more or less for show, I had to work on finding it, and it wasnt practical to try and hit it during an actual game.

Styg

ok so I have my x-valve w/ lvlX, and my ult. I tuned the lvl X w/o the ult first. Now on to the fun part.
So i started stacking shims on the Ult. I got it to where I couldly hardly get the x-valve back into the gun b/c there were so many shims! lol! anyway, gassed it up and nothing, the trigger would not respond, it was as if I hadnt gassed up at all. so i dropped a shim out and got some reaction in the trigger, but no cycling or anything (similar to when you dont have enough air to shoot, just play with the trigger.) Anyway I dropped out another shim and it shoots ok i guess. no leaks or anything. Its definatley not trying to run away or double shoot at all like I was expecting it to. I did notice a trigger pull difference but I really couldnt get it to shoot too fast I didnt actually do a test to determine bps, but im assuming about 11 bps due to previous exerience w/ angels and sustaining 14-17 on a regular basis.

I cant add any more shims period, they just wont fit. I am assuming that I'm just not used to the trigger and that I will find my sweetspot later? I want to bounce the trigger, atleast for a day just to see the potential of the x-valve. Any advice?

the mag guy
07-13-2006, 08:31 AM
Um, i dont know my input pressure. I have a behemoth Nitro Duck fixed output 114 Cu. In. 3000 psi tank. i dont know what their pressure is, but I'd assume its somewhere between 700 and 850 psi. i know thats a huge range. I'll try to look it up on google real quick and see if i can find anyhting.

the mag guy
07-13-2006, 08:43 AM
ok well i hit up google and found that most nitro duck presets are 800 psi output.
I Have the nitro duck micro reg on my tank. I checked the specs and it says fixed, but not what its fixed too. another place said the newer ones are 800 psi. So Im confident in 800.

StygShore
07-13-2006, 08:48 AM
800 should get you a little reactivity, but not a ton.

Mine was preset to about 850 and I had pretty good reactivity with it, but not nearly as much as the guys running 900+ into their systems.

If it is an older system, your pressure may have dropped off a bit too. If you can get a CA with a gauge on it, you might be able to check what pressure you really have coming out of your tank.

Styg

the mag guy
07-13-2006, 08:56 AM
I'll buy a guage today and tack it on my asa to see what the pressure is. Yeah man, my tank is old school. hte rehydro date on the tank was 99. I had it in a cover so nobody could see the date. I eventually got caught and had to get it tested. It works great for its age.
So im assuming wosrt case scenario if i want more reactivity then i'll just have to get a higher output or an adjustable.
thx man

StygShore
07-13-2006, 09:14 AM
Try calling up nitro duck too - They may be able to do some maintenance on the reg, and even stack a washer in the spring pack to get you higher pressure/.

I know when their adjustable screw ins came out they were advertised from 200-900 output. I bought it for the 900 output for my mag, but it rarely ever got above about 830.

I called them up and their excuse was that it recharged so fast they didn't see a need to make them reach the 900 advertised output. I had one of the guys down there looking for the higher pressure springs for me, but he eventually quit responding to emails ( fired, quit, annoyed, not sure )

Styg

the mag guy
07-13-2006, 09:31 AM
thx I'll give therm a call and see what they can do. I think I'm just gonna sit on what I have though and just get used to my trigger.

the mag guy
07-13-2006, 11:46 PM
i just clreared out my shims and tacked on 4 lvl X shims. I have a lot nicer trigger now. i think I can crank up to about 17 for a few secs till my fingers get tired. It takes me a few shots though. kinda like it has to warm up or ramp or something.

Beemer
07-14-2006, 08:52 PM
I'll buy a guage today and tack it on my asa to see what the pressure is. Yeah man, my tank is old school. hte rehydro date on the tank was 99. I had it in a cover so nobody could see the date. I eventually got caught and had to get it tested. It works great for its age.
So im assuming wosrt case scenario if i want more reactivity then i'll just have to get a higher output or an adjustable.
thx man

So you filled and used a tank that was out of hydro date and needed to be tested before further use? :wow: :nono:

That would make this statement of yours not true and in fact shows no respect for proper Safety procedures.

I have always respected the sport and the name of paintball. Its THE foremost important responsibility of every player.

Post number four here http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=200190

the mag guy
07-18-2006, 11:02 PM
dude, i was broke and wanted to keep playing. If you read further into that post I am talking about people playing pranks and what not outside the sport of paintball. I do admit it was wrong to do so. I am getting tired of people chopping parts of my post and taking them out of context. Also, like most paintballers that paintball is not their career, sometimes they take periodic break from the sport due to financial issues.

Since I have more financial stability now than I did back in the day, i make sure all my stuff is tested and good to go.

My statement, with the mild tank thing, is the complete truth. Plus its not like it was on my mind every time i filled the tank. I hardly ever even though about that. I'm not saying safety isn't important, 'cause trust me it is extremely important. Sorry I'm not perfect like you dude, it happens.

Take a chill pill. Sit back, relax and enjoy the forums, as for me, I'm gonna go getr a beer.

oh and I'd like to add the Hydro was done at Western Testing and he said he was impressed at how good of a condition my tank was in.