PDA

View Full Version : Idiots in the news yet again

sbpyro
07-13-2006, 10:24 AM
I'm starting to think they should have an minimum IQ level for driving and paintball
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/news/story?id=2517821

craltal
07-13-2006, 10:41 AM
it's a shame that someone had to die, but I do hope that charges are filed for this recklessness.

geekwarrior
07-13-2006, 10:52 AM
Here in SoCal its a felony to shoot a paintball gun from a moving vehile....

At least it wasnt caused by the driver getting hit in the face or something, its just a bunch of people being stupid.

the mag guy
07-13-2006, 01:21 PM
The sad thing about this is that it puts yet another bad mark on the name of paintball.
I have always respected the sport and the name of paintball. Its THE foremost important responsibility of every player. Everytime i see one of these articles I fear for the game. In cities and states around the world, laws are being passed to restrict paintball becasue of people like this. We should form a group that goes around taking their guns and back handing all these people in the face that ruin paintball. I'm sick of it to the point where I'm ready to do something about it. And its not just the people that go shooting each other up in cars or the people that do drive-bys to unexpecting individuals, its people that flat out dont have respect for anything.

Please everyone do me a favor. If you hear anyone talking about how they went shooting up houses or any other "funny" thing (definatley not funny), make it your personal vendetta to make them look like an idiot in front of as many people as you can. Make sure you let them know they're ruining paintball as well. If they are at a paintball field, make sure you're on the other team and just straight overkill 'em, atleast by 10+ shots.

I actually have gotten kicked out of a field for fighting a guy in the rest area. He was talking about how he snipes little kids from the room of his house. when I got off my soap box w/ him he said he'd do it more to ruin.... and before he could finish I was beating the tar outta him. The people were letting me until he yelled "why arent you making him stop?!?!". so we both got kicked out. lol

The point is I'm ready to defend paintball and you should be too! Lets keep paintball respectable and awesome! Whos w/ me? :headbang:

onedude36
07-14-2006, 01:16 AM
[QUOTE=sbpyro]I'm starting to think they should have an minimum IQ level for driving and paintballQUOTE]

And sex too.

Jaan
07-14-2006, 11:40 AM
The sad thing about this is that it puts yet another bad mark on the name of paintball.I just read about a bunch of jocks being stupid. Hardly surprising.

When I started playing paintball it wasn't a "jock" sport yet, it was still limited to the cool people in the know. Now more and more I see jock types ruining the game, especially since speedball was introduced. Wiping, bonus balling, overshooting and generally having a bad attitude.

However, I'm glad nobody innocent was killed this time. This is simply a case of natural selection.

the mag guy
07-14-2006, 12:18 PM
This is simply a case of natural selection.

LOL!!! Nicely put Jaan.

SpitFire1299
07-14-2006, 01:37 PM
None of these incidents are directly caused by paintball. Its the people who do it.

These stories need to stop.... :(

the mag guy
07-14-2006, 02:08 PM
the problem is the dumb kids that dont follow rules, paintball is not the culprit. Parents of injured ones, pacifists and all other anti-paintball people blow these stories out of proportion and try to turn it on the paintball industry. It sux, but thats what happens. Similar to when kids toy with real guns and end up shooting one another. Anti-gun activists rally and stir up all kinds of poo.
All we can do is keep reppin' the way we do and try to get everyone else to follow us.

thecavemankevin
07-14-2006, 02:40 PM
i havent had time to read all the posts above, but i have seen this being done before with some idiots from a local field (playing paintball while driving).

it's sad and you know the person that fired the gun feels horible along with the driver of the wrecked car. What suprises me though is that this apperantly was a school sanctioned event. My school district would never have allowed paintball guns to be involved in a school event (no matter if it was not on school grounds or not). That just strikes me as suprising.

craltal
07-14-2006, 03:04 PM
While I agree with the stupidity I have to differ with Jaan. It has nothing to do with "jocks" or "cool people." Without the broader appeal that the sport has, we wouldn't be where we are now, we'd still be in the woods with shop goggles shooting oil based paint at each other. Besides, somebody innocent was killed. Last time I checked, just because the guy who shot the car was a teammate, doesn't mean the victim wasn't innocent.

tyrion2323
07-14-2006, 03:41 PM
If they are at a paintball field, make sure you're on the other team and just straight overkill 'em, atleast by 10+ shots.

I actually have gotten kicked out of a field for fighting a guy in the rest area. He was talking about how he snipes little kids from the room of his house. when I got off my soap box w/ him he said he'd do it more to ruin.... and before he could finish I was beating the tar outta him. The people were letting me until he yelled "why arent you making him stop?!?!". so we both got kicked out. lol

The point is I'm ready to defend paintball and you should be too! Lets keep paintball respectable and awesome! Whos w/ me? :headbang:

Sorry, I'm not with you when it comes to bonus-balling and physical violence.

Interested stories and advice from a guy who wants to promote a "good image" for the sport.

:rolleyes:

sbpyro
07-15-2006, 10:05 AM
None of these incidents are directly caused by paintball. Its the people who do it.

These stories need to stop.... :(
I agree that the incidents were not directly caused by paintball. But unfortunately that is the title of the story. The story title should be reckless driving kills teen. I wished people would smarten up and think before they act (in this case the people involved and the reporter). This feeds the reputation of people who play paintball as reckless idiots.

Maggot6
07-16-2006, 08:33 AM
I know this is a little off topic...

The sad part about this all, is that it puts another bad mark down for paintball

A few years ago, I believed that. I sorta thought that the population outside of paintball just didn't see things our way, and that we were playing a civilized sport. Not playing a game where a bunch of idiots who like to shoot eachother, do.

However, I sort of think now we've done our damage. There have been so many accidents, everywhere. I don't think that by having another person get shot in the eye tomorrow will affect how people think of paintball as a whole. What I think is consistently bringing the game down, is the entire argument over at "Atwill may have been right"..

jenarelJAM
07-18-2006, 12:39 AM
While I agree with the stupidity I have to differ with Jaan. It has nothing to do with "jocks" or "cool people." Without the broader appeal that the sport has, we wouldn't be where we are now, we'd still be in the woods with shop goggles shooting oil based paint at each other. Besides, somebody innocent was killed. Last time I checked, just because the guy who shot the car was a teammate, doesn't mean the victim wasn't innocent.

Sorry to disagree, but he was NOT innocent. If he got in the car with a friend who was shooting paintballs at another car, and he didnt say anything, it's his fault too. It's just like drunk driving. Its your fault if you don't take away your friend's keys.