PDA

View Full Version : Pneumag VS ULT

Remagk
07-13-2006, 12:27 PM
Planing on ligthen up my trigger pull, after reading several pneumag thread still got couple question on mind.

1. no doult 2-10oz trigger pull of pneumag able to walk, what about the ULT with 15oz pull
2. will my PMI tank able to catch up the rate of fire

current setup:
ULE body
Intteli frame
Retro valve
Lv 10 bolt midium spring
Dye ultralight 2pcs barrel
Kapp II drop
PMI 45ci/4500 fix output

Thnaks

scrumpy
07-13-2006, 12:44 PM
A properly tuned ULT is easily walkable. I don't have any experience with PMI tanks, sorry.

Mikey B
07-13-2006, 12:44 PM
I had a ULT on my mag and could walk it just fine.

the mag guy
07-13-2006, 12:50 PM
you just gotta get used to shooting a ult then ya got it

wjr
07-13-2006, 12:59 PM
Mabye other people have better luck with their ult or something. I can barely notice a differance with a ult in my mag. It's an emag valve though... mabye that's it.... Then again I'm using a 2 finger benchmark. Could be that...

But since you're using an retro valve, you'll have to get it drilled out to except the ULT. If you're make a pneumag then you can definatly walk it and you won't have to modify the valve.

Remagk
07-13-2006, 04:22 PM
I had a spare emag valve too, but it doesn't have two on-off top oring. will it accept ult?

geekwarrior
07-13-2006, 04:51 PM
I had a spare emag valve too, but it doesn't have two on-off top oring. will it accept ult?

doubtful :(

Pneumagger
07-13-2006, 04:52 PM
needs milled out. It's a very cheap thing to have done.

Remagk
07-13-2006, 09:06 PM
Seem like more people are had ULT than phneumag, guess it was cheaper/easier to upgrade or less thing to mess with.

Remember saw a thread that mention a place to mill the valve, but just can't find it anymore. Anyone know around NJ has a mag smith or anyone I can contact?

Thnaks

Pneumagger
07-13-2006, 09:10 PM
IM "slipoftheknife".he had his done recently for $10 IIRC

SR_matt
07-13-2006, 09:13 PM
i havent had good luck with PMI tanks, neither have a decent amount of my friends.

true story: on my sniper 2 pump gun i run a palmers female stab to a gass through running about 220 psi. my PMI tank had 1000 (yes 1k) is it and it was not able to recharge fast enough to keep my valve closed on my sniper. i put a co2 tank on it and it was able to keep the vavle closed up till it was basicaly empty (less than 5 seconds of draining on the co2)

my friend can easily put shoot his old PMI tank on his mag and he doesnt shoot really fast.

-matt

Remagk
07-13-2006, 09:35 PM
umm, need to replace the tank as well.........
any recommadation?

SR_matt
07-13-2006, 09:43 PM
well its not adjustable but the gurellia air (soilder not ape gurellia, i cant spell well) tanks are supposed to be awesome, i got one but i havent had a chance to use it, seems well built and i havent heard any bad about them.

-matt

Remagk
07-13-2006, 10:54 PM
By just reading/browsing around, another question come up my mind, is there ULT and pneu-trigger comparable?
Maybe just do the ULT for now and later have mode/fund to move onto pneu-trigger

personman
07-13-2006, 11:56 PM
By just reading/browsing around, another question come up my mind, is there ULT and pneu-trigger comparable?
Maybe just do the ULT for now and later have mode/fund to move onto pneu-trigger
Yep, ULT actually helps make the pneumatic pull lighter as well. :)

ULT isnt a bad upgrade. I've had mine for a while but I keep my RT on/off for those times when I just gotta bounce at 20bps :)

the mag guy
07-14-2006, 06:29 AM
The true trigger pull of a pneumag (the actuation of the 3-way, not an actual shot) is not affected by the ULT. The only think that affect trigger pull is the 3-way you went with.

Now the ULT does make the on/off easier to push, thus making it easier for the ram and therefore not requiring as much pressure from the LPR to activate the on/off, but its not a huge difference. Lets just say you run your pneumatics at a nice round 80 psi ( i know it can be lower). You wont tell one bit of difference in the true triggerpull if you take out the ult and put in the RT on/off. You will hopefully notice a different rate, but i dont know by how much.

The only thing that affects trigger pull on a pneuframe is the input pressure you are running at and 3-way you use.

Remagk
07-14-2006, 11:16 AM
umm decision decision decision??????
sounds like if I want a extra light trigger, pneumag is the way and ULT could be skip.

Anyone can gave me a link that a fellow AO had put up a thread of "almost all the ways" to upgrade a mag with alot pics at PBN, forgot to save the link now can't find again.

geekwarrior
07-14-2006, 11:20 AM
here ya go

link (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1296871)

Pneumagger
07-14-2006, 12:16 PM
just buy a new reg for the PMI tank from airsoldier. You don't need a new bottle. As for the pneumag... ;)

personman
07-14-2006, 02:47 PM
The true trigger pull of a pneumag (the actuation of the 3-way, not an actual shot) is not affected by the ULT. The only think that affect trigger pull is the 3-way you went with.
Not really. ULT takes less force to actuate so you are running less PSI into the ram. With less pressure going through the 3way you have less resistance in your pull. So ULT makes your pull lighter.

Remagk
07-15-2006, 05:55 PM
thanks for all the input, appreciate it.

Pneumagger
07-15-2006, 06:38 PM
Not really. ULT takes less force to actuate so you are running less PSI into the ram. With less pressure going through the 3way you have less resistance in your pull. So ULT makes your pull lighter.

like 1 ounce lighter in a pneuframe.

the mag guy
07-18-2006, 09:33 PM

that was the second part of my post that you quoted. I personally now have tried my pneumag with the Stock X-valve on/off and the ULT (4 LX shims) and I seriously cant tell that much difference in pressure. Its not going to be a huge difference, we are talking max 1-2 oz difference.

I dont remember which thread, but the electrician said that the ram, at (if i remember correctly) 80 psi produced 11 lbs of force on the sear. 11 lbs regardless of ULT will still trip the on/off.

I do however agree that technically the ULT is better to have, because even though minimal, it does reduce psi to operate, and as you and I both said, reduces trigger pull.

The average joe that walks up and pulls a trigger wouldnt be able to tell a difference though.

I'm pro ULT in a pneumag.

oh and if you read what you typed, it confirms what I said in the first part of my quote. Changing the psi from the LPR determines the trigger pull weight, not the on/off you use.

i put the theory to the test