PDA

View Full Version : Sold my first ETEK

MoeMag
07-15-2006, 01:54 AM
So yeah. It was a big deal for me and my shop... we sold our first etek ego today first one in Arizona.
Nice gun.

http://www.planeteclipse.com/folders/galleries/etekx/EG6.jpg
(planet eclipse pic... but that is what it looked like :rolleyes: )

we got it in, called the first person on the waiting list and they were in the store in about 20 minutes after it arrived. The best part was I got to unpack it and test it out.

The case that the thing comes in is amazing! It is a freakin metal suitcase with latches! :eek:

The spring trigger was a little stiff, I would have pulled the spring out but... the guy was happy with the way it was with the spring tension as low as it could be.

This thing is going to KILL regular ego sales.

Anywhoo just thought I would share.

Indignant
07-15-2006, 02:04 AM
how much did it run him?

MoeMag
07-15-2006, 02:08 AM
$749.95 + 8.1%tax

Indignant
07-15-2006, 02:14 AM
>_<

i thought this was supposed to be the ION killer?

68magOwner
07-15-2006, 02:22 AM
>_<

i thought this was supposed to be the ION killer?

bah, ever since the ion, people have thought EVERY new marker comming out will be a potential ion killer, give it a rest.

this is the angel speed, or proto series of planet eclipse. From what i hear, its just a lower priced, same performance ego.

MoeMag
07-15-2006, 02:36 AM
Exactly

this is the angel speed, or proto series of planet eclipse. From what i hear, its just a lower priced, same performance ego.

"Ion killer" good luck. I think the only company that attempted that is kingman with the spyder electra with eye... but with the hundreds of ions i have sold, I havent sold one electra.
the ion is a hard gun to beat and i think it will dominate the low to mid range market for a long time to come.

Indignant
07-15-2006, 03:03 AM
68, i realize that nothing is gonna pump the ION off, but wasn't PE advertising it as a low cost/high performance marker and not a lower cost/high performance marker like the Protos are?

Carbon
07-15-2006, 03:13 AM
you have to look at the price range. Its not an ion killer, its not priced to compete with ion.

FiXeL
07-15-2006, 03:22 AM
Here are some pictures of the case it comes in:

http://www.paintball-direct.nl/afbeeldingen/Etek_1.jpg

http://www.paintball-direct.nl/afbeeldingen/Etek_2.jpg

http://www.paintball-direct.nl/afbeeldingen/Etek_3.jpg

http://www.paintball-direct.nl/afbeeldingen/Etek_4.jpg

Pictures taken by www.paintball-direct.nl

Dirge
07-15-2006, 06:57 AM
Wow.......

p8ntball72
07-15-2006, 07:11 AM
Keep the case, put it in a paper sack, and knock 50 bucks off the price.

VFX_Fenix
07-15-2006, 12:15 PM
This won't kill regular Ego sales, it's just like the Angels vs their Speed counterparts. I'm actually suprised they put the E-Tek in a fancier box than the original Ego, not that you couldn't pack your Ego and stuff in the other boxes, but the sliding metal lid seems like it'd die.

Indignant
07-15-2006, 02:04 PM
i actually think it looks nicer than normal EGO's D:

AGDlover
07-15-2006, 02:12 PM
Hmmm... I may deff be dropping some money to get one of thease

GT
07-15-2006, 02:51 PM
any difference bewteen the ego and etek?

paintman1234
07-15-2006, 03:26 PM
milling for one, probly has a diffrent stock board, feedneck, trigger etc? im just guessing

internally theres probly not a lot of diffrence

hvacman250
07-15-2006, 03:27 PM
any difference bewteen the ego and etek?

Etek has no QEVS and a non-LCD/micro-switch based board (uses LED light). Thats the only 2 major differences.

And good luck on your sale Moe Mag, but PBWarehouse sold a few a week ago. They are in Arizona. Maybe you were #2 ???

onedude36
07-15-2006, 04:13 PM
Etek has no QEVS and a non-LCD/micro-switch based board (uses LED light). Thats the only 2 major differences.

And good luck on your sale Moe Mag, but PBWarehouse sold a few a week ago. They are in Arizona. Maybe you were #2 ???

I seem to remmember that somone told me they have a heavier hammer/ram opperation, making it kick more, but its supposed to be more consistent?

Teamslayer76
07-15-2006, 05:53 PM
I would totally trade my Pimp for one of these new. Nice pictures and such. As for a Ion Killer, not going to happen unless it's the Ion with a new prefix or suffix and is $5 cheaper... :p

CKY_Alliance
07-15-2006, 06:09 PM

Didnt they change the way they operate so there is no need for QEV's? They directly mounted or connected something? maybe not thought thats what i read.

I held one the other day at newgen paintball and i didnt like it at all..im sure with the spring taken out it would be a lot better though

mag_lover05
07-15-2006, 06:32 PM
cant wait till they are 500 bux used. :D i know im cheap.

Carbon
07-15-2006, 06:58 PM
Man, the Europeans know how present things.

olinar
07-15-2006, 06:59 PM
hey i live in chandler,wheres in arizona is your shop? probably nowhere near me.they never are lol. only one around me is called darkstar?nice ego not a bad price too.

mobsterboy
07-15-2006, 07:04 PM
cant wait till they are 500 bux used. :D i know im cheap.
within two months...
within four months resale will prob drop to what, 350. Then a huge chain reaction will happen. Dm's, Pm's Timmies will all drop too. And of course, the horrid ion will be shattered. Its not an ion killer persay the msrp price, but its more of a "for this much you can get an ego!!!" that will make ion shooters think, "hmm, i like egos, why not"
Of course, Ions are not by any means a revolutionary gun. Those who have them are usually trying to use them as a bartering chip for their "newer uber sweet gat" and those who are getting one either a) have no clue what they are doing or b)think its a deal beyond all deals. and those who dont have them hate them because its a scapegoat for the resale market being what it is. So its a matter of the etek msrp new is going to stick. The resale will be 50 bucks lower for a couple weeks, then 100, then 300 lower, all because the standard was set so low for the "tourney gun" price. (note: not high end, just tourney).

MonsterMag
07-15-2006, 11:16 PM
I am seriously thinking about one of these.
Are they fast and just like other ego's? I know PL took a few features out.
Fast?
Efficiencent?
Light?
quiet?

MoeMag
07-16-2006, 03:08 AM
hey i live in chandler,wheres in arizona is your shop? probably nowhere near me.they never are lol. only one around me is called darkstar?nice ego not a bad price too.

How can you live in AZ, play paintball, and not know about APD?
My store is THE biggest in the southwestern US. I kid you not, we beat the pants off of any cali store. If we dont have it... we can get it... and if we cant get it, it doesnt exist.

I promise its worth the drive.

Tall guy at APD Arizona Paintball Depot.
http://www.arizonapaintballdepot.com/

HOMELANDEFENDER
07-29-2006, 12:00 AM
If I didn't just finish my '05 Ego Project I'd be all over this thing. To me it looks much nicer than the Ego in a "smooth-badass" kinda way. Still love my '05 though....

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/HOMELANDEFENDER/DSCF0005-1.jpg

HLD...

m-a-r-k-7
07-29-2006, 12:19 AM
... I want one just for the case.

mandatory
07-29-2006, 02:08 AM

my thoughts as well. im super annoyed by over use of packaging.

VFX_Fenix
07-29-2006, 11:12 AM
If I didn't just finish my '05 Ego Project I'd be all over this thing. To me it looks much nicer than the Ego in a "smooth-badass" kinda way. Still love my '05 though....

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/HOMELANDEFENDER/DSCF0005-1.jpg

HLD...

Hey HLD, do any of your guns not have stocks on 'em? (j/k) :D Nice Ego

paint magnet
07-29-2006, 11:53 AM

I'd have to disagree with you there. If I pay $750 for anything, it better come with a damn nice case. Ugly guns can shoot well too; by your theory you could save money by not anodizing it. The presentation factor is also very influential in determining what sells and what doesn't. If my marker comes in a specially designed metal case, it feels like it was designed and planned with a lot more quality in mind than if it was just shipped in a cardboard box.

It's the same way with other things too. One of my favorite products in particular comes with a nice little purple velvet bag :D Sure, it'd taste the same if it came in an unlabeled screw-top plastic bottle, but you'd feel like you got ripped off.

mobsterboy
07-29-2006, 12:06 PM
I'd have to disagree with you there. If I pay $750 for anything, it better come with a damn nice case. Ugly guns can shoot well too; by your theory you could save money by not anodizing it. The presentation factor is also very influential in determining what sells and what doesn't. If my marker comes in a specially designed metal case, it feels like it was designed and planned with a lot more quality in mind than if it was just shipped in a cardboard box.

It's the same way with other things too. One of my favorite products in particular comes with a nice little purple velvet bag :D Sure, it'd taste the same if it came in an unlabeled screw-top plastic bottle, but you'd feel like you got ripped off.

dan, you should know better. Crown Royal is bad for you. btw, where ya been man?

HOMELANDEFENDER
07-29-2006, 09:58 PM
Hey HLD, do any of your guns not have stocks on 'em? (j/k) :D Nice Ego

lol - I should have invetsed in my own "Stock Company" because I'm addicted to them. All my rigs hav'em.

Its what happens when you try and make markers "feel" more like real weapons. Now I can't stop. :D

HLD...

paint magnet
07-30-2006, 05:01 PM
dan, you should know better. Crown Royal is bad for you. btw, where ya been man?

Bah, it keeps away scurvy. I've been around but kind of fed up with the whole PBC scene. I would like to take a trip out there some time to check out new guns and such though.