PDA

View Full Version : ULT Issue

nyarlathotep
07-15-2006, 10:19 PM
I bought my friend's ULT'd/X-Valve'd "working" mag, and took it out today. I gas it up and I immediately hear a leak down the barrel, I look into the feedneck and see the bolt - the damn thing just shot out all the way, and got stuck. I push it back through, oil it up, and try again. Same deal. I take out the ULT assembly next. Uncrew it and see that the on-off pin is in two parts. Seeing as this is my first ULT is that normal, or am I SOL and need a new on-off pin. If so, where the hell can I get one. Thanks.

rb211
07-15-2006, 10:58 PM
The ULT has a 2 piece pin. Don't worry about that. As far as your bolt staying forward, you are experiencing bolt stick. Go up a carrier sizes until it doesn't do that and doesn't leak down the barrel.

nyarlathotep
07-16-2006, 12:55 AM
Whew. Thanks for that, (not being sarcastic here). The bolt "shoots out" though, to the point where it gets stuck and the spring cant push it back. Is that still bolt stick? Thanks.

Edit: By saying that it was in two parts, I meant that it was separateable, I could pull one out the other, is that still normal?

Beemer
07-16-2006, 05:19 AM
Here is an exploded view see numbers seventeen thru twenty three.

http://students.its.txstate.edu/~kp1143/X-Valve_Exploded.bmp

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=194223&highlight=exploded+view

back2integrity
07-16-2006, 02:00 PM
If you are using a ULE body, try taking the ball detent out and shooting. If the bolt stops sticking after that, your ball detent was just in too tight. There are threads on here that say how to fix the issue, and at one point I think AGD was exchanging detents like that for new ones that go in better because the threading was off on some of them.

rb211
07-17-2006, 05:30 PM
Edit: By saying that it was in two parts, I meant that it was separateable, I could pull one out the other, is that still normal?

Yes it is. Some loctite them together to keep from losing the thick (or bottom) part of the pin.

What carrier are you using?

nyarlathotep
07-17-2006, 06:05 PM
Not sure, don't have the gun on me, but the bolt shoots out without me pressing the trigger, right when i gas it up.

rb211
07-17-2006, 08:53 PM
Mine does that occasionally too (firing on gas-up without pulling the trigger.) Find out which spring / carrier you are using. That will help us.